mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

The independence movement started long before COVID, because of Lowy's abysmal performance running the FFA & A-League. Lowy installing his son as the new chairman was the last straw. There would have been 3 seasons left with Foxtel before COVID, now it's down to 1 because of it.

The A-League has suffered under the FFA in recent years. Also when they were too busy going for WC2022.

It needs to be independant from the governing body who should be focusing on development pathways and the national teams.

Reminder, the FFA were so amazing at their job running the league that they let the highs of 2012-2015 fall apart completely with their anti active support/anti supporter initiatives that drove thousands away and banned hundreds more for nothing. All to chase the praise of the non caring MSM and the elusive non-football family suddenly becoming fans. Never happened.

The Terror article with the banned images was the last straw. The walkouts were another straw. FFA/AL never recovered after that.

2 hours ago, Erebus said:

The A-League has suffered under the FFA in recent years. Also when they were too busy going for WC2022.

It needs to be independant from the governing body who should be focusing on development pathways and the national teams.

Reminder, the FFA were so amazing at their job running the league that they let the highs of 2012-2015 fall apart completely with their anti active support/anti supporter initiatives that drove thousands away and banned hundreds more for nothing. All to chase the praise of the non caring MSM and the elusive non-football family suddenly becoming fans. Never happened.

The Terror article with the banned images was the last straw. The walkouts were another straw. FFA/AL never recovered after that.

The Star Wars round was the last straw 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

The Star Wars round was the last straw 

Oh man that was an excruciating evening....talk about having absolutely no idea about your core supporter base

21 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ll drive him to the airport 

With reduced wages I doubt we would get anyone better. 

7 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

With reduced wages I doubt we would get anyone better. 

They might look like they give a ****, we have somebody better already Tass is where it’s at 

1 hour ago, Frankos187 said:

Jurman to Xanthi with Popa?

He can go then hopefully Lederer might open his wallet and get a decent defender.

I doubt that'll happen though.

1 hour ago, Frankos187 said:

Jurman to Xanthi with Popa?

Yes, just let Tass start, he looks determined and a hard worker, he is already one of the best up and coming centre backs that the country has coming through the system.

Jurman can go to Greece and then wonder why he isn’t getting paid in 6 months 

12 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yeah he can't be accused of going for easy money !!

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

It might be better than normal since the owner is Australian, you could probably find a way to sue him in Australia if he failed to pay wages.

How are City continuing to announce new contracts and re-signings? 6 in the last 2 days. 

Backloading contracts?

Tony Sage has said he's individually negotiating with players now. City might be doing the same.

9 hours ago, mack said:

Tony Sage has said he's individually negotiating with players now. City might be doing the same.

So was it the owners strategy all along to kill the CBA to allow individual negotiation with players?

10 hours ago, mack said:

Wouldn't this still need a cap to be decided?

They just announced Nabbout as well. They're taking the piss 😂

With the small amount of players they've got at the moment I doubt they'd be worried about the cap.

Popas Kids live in the Macarthur district :) who is the coach of Macarthur FC :)  

3 hours ago, Keithie said:

Popas Kids live in the Macarthur district :) who is the coach of Macarthur FC :)  

So does the tag Western Sydney Croatia now go to Macarthur Croatia?

Bossi alert

"On Friday, Western Sydney Wanderers re-signed all but one contracted player on new pay deals. Sydney FC are also close to agreeing terms with their squad."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/players-union-hopeful-of-new-cba-as-wanderers-re-sign-core-of-squad-20200925-p55zcm.html

I'm taking a guess that the one that didn't agree to a new pay deal is Lopar

Edited by wswnick

10 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Bossi alert

"On Friday, Western Sydney Wanderers re-signed all but one contracted player on new pay deals. Sydney FC are also close to agreeing terms with their squad."

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/players-union-hopeful-of-new-cba-as-wanderers-re-sign-core-of-squad-20200925-p55zcm.html

Would be a shame if that turns out correct. We would of lost a lot more games without him.

14 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Bossi alert

I thought it was odd reading this comment within the article. There is no real need for it:

It’s been pleasing to see that, throughout the process, Sydney FC has worked in good faith with their players in a respectful manner.’

then I looked at who the author was.... lol

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

Bossi alert

Hope it's Vedran lmao.

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Could it be Jurman? 
Also, would Mrcela be a good replacement for him? He is a free agent.

Mrcela is going back to Croatia. Sounds like Dylan Mcgowan may be off to India?

8 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Could it be Jurman? 
Also, would Mrcela be a good replacement for him? He is a free agent.

Jurman was off contract. New pay deals are for those that were still contracted for next season