mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

Max Burgess offered to us. What does it mean Western Sydney were unwilling to entertain it for appearance reasons?

Meanwhile, the Wanderers have turned down an approach from Western United star Max Burgess' representatives, fearing a perceived conflict of interest with Robinson's management.

Burgess still has a season left on his contract with Western United but despite this, A-League sources have indicated he has been shopped around to NSW clubs.

The 25-year-old is managed by the Avid Sports & Entertainment Group – the same agency as Robinson, his Jets assistant Kenny Miller and several players who signed for the club during his tenure, including Joe Ledley, Bernie Ibini and James Donachie.

Western United chief executive Chris Pehlivanis confirmed Burgess is a "contracted and required player" for the club and that it would not sanction a move to an A-League rival – while sources close to the situation have indicated Western Sydney were unwilling to entertain it for appearance reasons.

It might look bad as a conflict of interest that we're signing players while trying to sign a coach whose agent is the same.

8 minutes ago, mack said:

It might look bad as a conflict of interest that we're signing players while trying to sign a coach whose agent is the same.

thanks mack I had no idea what they were referring to.

Trying to sign/signing players with no coach , nothing new with wsw , we've been doing it for years , its got us very far 

13 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Gatty54/status/1316159290042798080

"From what I hear, Robinson’s impending move to the Wanderers will lead to very interesting situation regarding the move of a very decent player to the Wanderers...not a Jets player btw."

Might be in luck

I think that this was referring to the Max Burgess rumour.   Very strange a player with a long term contract at one club was being shopped around to other clubs.,

41 minutes ago, papersun said:

I think that this was referring to the Max Burgess rumour.   Very strange a player with a long term contract at one club was being shopped around to other clubs.,

Was only very decent after lockdown. I doubt it was him. Ben Garuccio just got released from Heart of Midlothian. Would be a very good pick-up I think.

Didn't I hear back that Robinson shares an agent with a number of players and that is how he brings players in?

4 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Didn't I hear back that Robinson shares an agent with a number of players and that is how he brings players in?

He shares Burgess' agent I believe, would've looked dodgy if we signed a player from the same agent before we had even signed the manager.

He managed to bring Joe Ledley to Australia and I would imagine they want him off the books he would be another good signing.

Just now, Sithslayer1991 said:

That's the general view, but it's rather limiting your options if true.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

He shares Burgess' agent I believe, would've looked dodgy if we signed a player from the same agent before we had even signed the manager.

He managed to bring Joe Ledley to Australia and I would imagine they want him off the books he would be another good signing.

Robinson is not at all worried about looking dodgy. 

should keep in mind I believe Vedran has the same agent too. Same with ibini

Just now, Upthehill said:

Robinson is not at all worried about looking dodgy. 

should keep in mind I believe Vedran has the same agent too. Same with ibini

No the signing of Burgess was pre Robinson so I thought it looked dodgy signing a player from the same agent before even signing the coach.

I wonder whether Jackson Irvine has been approached by any A league clubs? He probably wouldn't want to make the step down at his age I guess.

On 14/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, mack said:

That is the whole model of Wolves in the PL, don’t see anyone making a big fuss about that one? Who cares about the backwater in Australia?

From FTBL

Already Contracted

Daniel Lopar, Vedran Janjetovic, Dylan McGowan, Patrick Ziegler, Tate Russell, Kwame Yeboah

19 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

No the signing of Burgess was pre Robinson so I thought it looked dodgy signing a player from the same agent before even signing the coach.

I got what you mean. I probably wasnt clear.

I was assuming that Robinson was well on the radar and had some sort of input.

Is there a full list of contracted players for the coming season ?

41 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Where is Mack?

When he gets that list, then he can start a new thread😏

5 hours ago, Keithie said:

The club haven't announced releases and haven't done anything but promote kids. Fact is we don't know exactly who is still in the squad.

Regarding Max Burgess , I would sign him without hesitation (depending how much) and bugga what is morally right , Do you honestly thing Mark Rudan would be ever be morally right (check his moral history) , and lets face it Sydney FC will win the A league comp next year and to hold onto all their players bar maybe Le Fondre (the Pommy) and be under the salary cap ,ye right !!!! is Sydney FC caring about morals or Trophies ?  

23 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Regarding Max Burgess , I would sign him without hesitation (depending how much) and bugga what is morally right , Do you honestly thing Mark Rudan would be ever be morally right (check his moral history) , and lets face it Sydney FC will win the A league comp next year and to hold onto all their players bar maybe Le Fondre (the Pommy) and be under the salary cap ,ye right !!!! is Sydney FC caring about morals or Trophies ?  

Max Burgess probably wouldn't start over Muller anyway. He would be a good backup but he probably wants to start most games. I personally don't like signing players before we have a coach because it will likely not suit their style of play.

I think the club have made the right decision here and still have the opportunity to sing him now that Robinson is officially coach.

He needs to pull his socks up. Looks like a hobo.

I rate Burgess as a senior, non-visa player. Clubs should be trying to lock down the decent local players who aren't too expensive as they're going to struggle to pull in quality foreigners.

Also he looks like a hobo.

Wanderers squad update

Western Sydney Wanderers FC have today provided an update on their squad for the A-League 2020/21 season.

The Red & Black have confirmed the departures of Mitchell Duke, Mathieu Cordier, Matthew Jurman, Pirmin Schwegler, Nick Sullivan and Nick Suman.

Goalkeeper Daniel Lopar has landed in Sydney this week and is currently in hotel quarantine. Vedran Janjetovic remains sidelined following his second shoulder surgery.

Forward Simon Cox and defender Patrick Ziegler are also expected to arrive in Western Sydney next week after completing hotel quarantine.

Nicolai Muller is also set to commence his second season in the Red & Black.

With the appointment of Carl Robinson as head coach, Robinson will now turn his focus on recruiting and preparing the team for the upcoming season and Wanderers members will be advised as his additions to the 2020/21 squad are made. 

Current confirmed squad: 1.Daniel LOPAR, 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 10.Simon COX, 11.Kwame YEBOAH, 13.Tate RUSSELL, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Nicolai MULLER, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER

Scholarship players: 28.Fabian MONGE, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 31.Noah PAGDEN, 32.Jarrod CARLUCCIO, 33.Mark NATTA, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 36.Alessandro LOPANE, 37.Stefan NIKOLIC

13 senior players. No wonder Robinson has been given the task of bringing through the youth.