mack

Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

16 minutes ago, Liv said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on this chat but I’ve heard Alex Meier will be sacked today 

source?

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

1 goal in 12 games strikers don’t grow on trees 

Even Pio scored 2 in 12 iirc

1 hour ago, Liv said:

Don’t know if it’s been mentioned on this chat but I’ve heard Alex Meier will be sacked today 

I thought that sackings were "in the morning" :xnod:

Meier was unfortunately a failed risk that came from desperation after all other strikers we attempted to grab fell through and season had begun. Babbel tried to get someone that was too good for the league and flew too close to the sun.

I await this afternoon's announcement that the Football God and Herr Babbel have been given 4 yr extensions each as a  "clear demonstration of the clubs commitment to stability and belief in the the long term vision (of being the inaugural 2nd division champions)".

8 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I await this afternoon's announcement that the Football God and Herr Babbel have been given 4 yr extensions each as a  "clear demonstration of the clubs commitment to stability and belief in the the long term vision (of being the inaugural 2nd division champions)".

100th post.

Cou67ODUAAAILLp.jpg

4 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Majewski was on a one year deal wasn't he? 

Yes, but I heard that he has a clause in his contract where he was able to extend his contract should he play 22 games or something. I think he did say in an interview in Poland a few weeks ago he wanted to get a new contract with us for next season.

4 hours ago, Erebus said:

People are crazy thinking we should let Tass go. Arguably our best defender for many years ahead. Just needs to okay regularly.

Strongly agree. That kid is a menace in the air as well. I remember the Leeds game. Every single cross he was the first to it and header it away. Get him on 2-3 years imo.

2 hours ago, Liv said:

Really!?! News to my ears. Mutual Termination? Was the hamstring injury a cover up for this? New signing at striker :cheeky:

13 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yes, but I heard that he has a clause in his contract where he was able to extend his contract should he play 22 games or something. I think he did say in an interview in Poland a few weeks ago he wanted to get a new contract with us for next season.

I thunk we can agree the chances of him playing 22 games are slim...

7 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I thunk we can agree the chances of him playing 22 games are slim...

They aren't slim they are impossible. My point is the club still could end up wanting him come seasons end. Personally I think its very risky.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

They aren't slim they are impossible. My point is the club still could end up wanting him come seasons end. Personally I think its very risky.

33yr old (by then) coming off 12 months out with a knee injury.... I think we are his best chance of a long term contract :) 

Rojas tells Melbourne city thanks but no thanks. Victory are trying to offload an import to fit Rojas in.

Rudan is probably sniffing around Rojas as well like a dog on heat.

Betcha WSW don't offload any of the imports to improve on our lack of goals, there is only one to remove the Football God and get a decent attacking midfielder.

You can then put Muller on the wing with Adam up the guts and Duke on the opposite wing 

new 10  

Baccus or Sullivan with Schweigler

Georgy , Jurman, Ziegler,  Russell

Tas Mourdikutas deserves a go , maybe Ziegler on the bench and Elrich giving Russell the hurry up

Lopar, who could have done a lot better with the second goal from the Nix last week

That might work for us but we are r$%#ed without a decent 10 who can play the role , you could have drove a train through the gap between Schweigler and the forward like last week and the Nix had a picnic there

But guess what, we will still be talking about all of the above in March :cool: 

Sullivan has a big future for WSW , he needs to be looked after with a good contract

Normally announcements come at 3:00pm

6 MINUTES AWAY

Football god ain’t going anywhere 

Can’t reveal my source but it was someone who should be “in the know”. Looks like he (and I) were wrong. Won’t trust him next time. My apologies 

3 minutes ago, Liv said:

Can’t reveal my source but it was someone who should be “in the know”. Looks like he (and I) were wrong. Won’t trust him next time. My apologies 

Doesn't mean it wasn't done. Just slow on the release.

48 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

hqdefault.jpg

The way babbel reacted in the presser when asked about him makes me think the club want him gone. Could be happening still.

15 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

The way babbel reacted in the presser when asked about him makes me think the club want him gone. Could be happening still.

Remember Jurman was announced at 6pm or something on a friday. Maybe tomorrow?

11 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Remember Jurman was announced at 6pm or something on a friday. Maybe tomorrow?

McGowan was a late one as well from memory. 

Dreaming Fellas,  WSW is going to finish the season with coach and crew , as is historically the case

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Corey Brown has Wilmering injury replacement written all over him...

No thanks. Sam Silvera, the one that got away, is trialing with LAFC in the MLS :shok:

Photo taken from Twitter:

View image on Twitter

Best news all season. Lopar is our best player.

Re: Majewski - not sure how true this is but I heard that the club weren’t too happy with how he treated his rehab when allowing him to go back to Poland so his days may be numbered. I heard this prior to us turning to **** though so they may be willing to be a bit more forgiving now...