Squad Development 2019/20 Part 2

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

We better replace him properly and get an AM. Not saying it'll solve all our problems, but it'll patch up that massive gap we have in the middle of the park and actually let us realise Muller potential on the wing.

Yep.

Might not have a 20 goal striker. But we don't have anyone to play 10 effectively and every formation Babs uses includes a CAM

2 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Yep.

Might not have a 20 goal striker. But we don't have anyone to play 10 effectively and every formation Babs uses includes a CAM

See my recommendation above.

Bossi alert!

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/wanderers-dig-heels-in-over-baccus-rejecting-transfer-to-danish-club-20200116-p53s5h.html

Western Sydney could be forced to deal with a wantaway player as rising star Keanu Baccus agitates for a move overseas despite the club rejecting a third offer from Danish club Aarhus.

The Australian players' union is involved in the transfer impasse of Baccus who is seeking a move despite the Wanderers refusing to enter negotiations over the highly-rated youngster.

Sources close to the negotiations suggest the Wanderers rejected an offer from Aarhus this week valued at $350,000 and would not entertain selling the player in the January transfer window. The Wanderers are eager to retain hisservices but are also holding out for a significantly larger transfer fee for Baccus, whom they value at close to $1 million. The Wanderers declined when contacted by the Herald on Thursday.

That stance appears to have unsettled Baccus, with sources close to the player suggesting he is unhappy at being denied a move to a European club likely to provide him with regular first-team football. A PFA spokesman confirmed the organisation's involvement but would not comment on Baccus' matter. The PFA often plays a role in transfers of Australian players.

The youngster is regarded as one of the brightest talents produced by the Wanderers' academy and is one of the few to become a regular starter in their A-League squad. Baccus has made 52 appearances for Western Sydney in the league, scoring four goals.

Aarhus sporting director Peter Christiansen travelled to Sydney in mid-December to gain a closer inspection on Baccus before submitting a transfer offer to the Wanderers. That initial offer was in the vicinity of $250,000 including potential on-sell clauses and was immediately rejected by the Wanderers, who refused to entertain a second increased offer.

Baccus has been in camp with two of Aarhus' Australian players throughout his transfer saga with Zach Duncan and Alex Gersbach part of the Olyroos squad at the the Asian Under-23 Championships in Thailand.

Aarhus has been a popular destination for Australian players with Socceroo Mustafa Amini having spent the past four seasons with the club, making 119 appearances. The club is sitting third on the table of the Danish Superliga and on the path towards reaching the championship round and qualifying for European competition.

4 hours ago, papersun said:

I know that we don't have any foreign spots available at present, but if one did become available how does this guy stack up?  His stats look pretty good to me, has been capped for Japan as well, contract about to expire.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/yu-kobayashi/leistungsdaten/spieler/138260/plus/0?saison=2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhWWoPstWwM

74 on FIFA which is pretty good. Seems quick and can dribble 

1 hour ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Reckon we need a 10 more than a 9. 

This guy has just become available 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/nico-gaitan/leistungsdaten/spieler/75442

80 on FIFA yes please 

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

Here's an AM that is affordable and european

https://www.transfermarkt.com/renan-bressan/profil/spieler/66008

73 on FIFA - can we try the Gaitan guy first?

5 minutes ago, mack said:

250k is pitiful especially if it's in Australian dollars, the PFA and his agents need to tell him that he signed a contract for another 2 and a half seasons so he better convince the new club to pay more money for him with his performance.

What will actually happen: PFA will hold the Wanderers to ransom and encourage this South African club to bid 50k less to prove a point 

11 minutes ago, mack said:

250k is pitiful especially if it's in Australian dollars, the PFA and his agents need to tell him that he signed a contract for another 2 and a half seasons so he better convince the new club to pay more money for him with his performance.

The article is true. I know someone who knows Baccus very well and the article is correct. Baccus' fault because he didn't have anything in his contract that could help him in the situation. Same situation as his older brother I believe.

all this talk Meir , Baccus , Babbel v JPD has one source the Herald and Bossi, have we not learned that he is on mission to disturb the wanderers , why I don't know but he seems to have been way of the mark with JPD  and Babbel , do you think Lopar would have signed for an extra 2 years if the crap that been reported is fact  

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Your joking right? I know we haven't gotten to many clear cut chances but if you look at STATS (I know they lie sometimes) it says otherwise.

Vs Wellington (2-0)       Shots Taken - 14     On Target - 2   Goals - 0

Vs Brisbane (1-2)          Shots Taken - 12    On Target - 5    Goals - 1

Vs W United (1-1)         Shots Taken - 19    On Target - 4    Goals - 1

Vs Glory (2-0)                Shots Taken - 11    On Target - 3   Goals - 0

Vs Wellington (2-1)        Shots Taken - 15    On Target - 4   Goals - 1

Vs Newcastle (2-0)        Shots Taken - 22    On Target - 4   Goals - 0

Sure the service probably hasn't been great BUT I would expect a few more goals from these stats than what we have gotten.

But what position were these shots taken from? As you said there haven’t been that many clear chances and I reckon most of these have been taken from well away from goals and many defenders in the way.

34 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

The article is true. I know someone who knows Baccus very well and the article is correct. Baccus' fault because he didn't have anything in his contract that could help him in the situation. Same situation as his older brother I believe.

His older brother turned into a bit of a twat. Whoever was advising Baby Baccus to sign a 3 year dea with no outs is the one Baccus should get angry at......not the club. He'll be missed.....but can't hate on the club for wanting a return on it's investment.

Edited by sonar
7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Wanderers posted something on Facebook 

83771753_2813492328714750_76260231562972

City Ground is Nottingham Forest
The Hawthorns is West Bromwich Albion
Griffin Park is Brentford
County Ground is Swindon Town
Aston Gate Stadium is Bristol City
Roots Hall is Southend United

All signs point to one guy:

HOgQakg.png