Wanderers Storm Melbourne For 3 Points

9 minutes ago, mack said:

Gonna be interesting to see where how Babbel fits Muller & Ziggy into the lineup especially if we keep winning.

Ziggy, if and when fit, must be considered as a replacement for McGowan.

Müller it's harder to say. However he will get plenty of game time when he's ready.

52 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Inability to shut the game and space down?

We actually did that! They came at us with all guns blazing after they scored the penalty. And guess what? We shut them down.

Shutting down space is not the same as scrambling in defence 😉

Shutting down space is generally done in the middle third and prevents the opposition from breaking against you or strolling through your midfield. Late in the game, we failed to do that. 

Scrambling defence is done in your defensive third, it's the last line and includes players tracking back to help out. We did that well. 

👍

Edited by matty
Damn autocorrect
Just now, Taurus said:

How good is it, that we can throw any number of kids on the pitch & they can get a job done.

Not only tonight, but against Leeds I thought we were good value. 

2018/19 forming the basis for 2019/20.

Thoughts on Duke tonight? A lot of work but thought he wasn't as smart with the ball as one would hope.

30 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Ziggy, if and when fit, must be considered as a replacement for McGowan.

Müller it's harder to say. However he will get plenty of game time when he's ready.

I thought McGowan was very good tonight. I wouldn't be dropping him. If they play 4 back next week as Ziggy plays, I'd push him out to the right, Georgievski left with Jurman and Ziggy (Tas) in the middle. As far as Müller goes, how do you leave him on the bench?

1 minute ago, Jefski said:

I thought McGowan was very good tonight. I wouldn't be dropping him. If they play 4 back next week as Ziggy plays, I'd push him out to the right, Georgievski left with Jurman and Ziggy (Tas) in the middle. As far as Müller goes, how do you leave him on the bench?

It's getting embarrassing hey. Who do we leave out?