Wanderers Storm Melbourne For 3 Points

34 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We just beat Victory away and for the majority of the game we controlled it

No pleasing some people, enjoy it 

I am enjoying it. I am enjoying watching and reading about the wanderers for the first time since mid 2016. 

Im just waiting for us to show some consistency and continued positivity before I start getting on the “wsw will win the title” bandwagon. 

Im just as pleased as everyone else, but it’s round 2 ffs. 

4 minutes ago, FCB said:

In the podcast with Peacock a few weeks ago, MB said that, statistically, that you can't win games with more than two juniors on the pitch, and that this is something they are working on. Words to that effect. In the presser last night he stressed that four young players helped deliver the goods, and he spoke of the importance of getting the balance right between young and old. Looks and sounds like we are well on our way.

What is happening right now will shape the club for years to come. Signing quality imports, a small number of quality Aussies, plus a strong focus on development and promotion of the next generation of players - MB is transforming the club.

True that. Makes me excited on how far we can go with this team and development. We now have strong leaders and quality players that will support our younger players. Our Academy is now running with top class facilities.

And lets not forget our new home. The vibe feels good. 

Looking beyond the Derby next week, we play the follwing

R4: Roar home on 26th Oct @ 5pm sat

R5: Fraudsters away 9th Nov @ 7.30pm

R6: bye

R7: Heartle$$ home 22 Nov@7.30pm Fri

R8 jets away 30 Nov @ 7.30pm sat

R9 Nix away Auckland @5pm sat 7 dec FTA

R10 Perth away @ 9.45pm 14 dec

R11 Fraudsters home @ 7.30pm 20 dec

R12 Adelaide away @ 7.30pm fri 27 Dec

R13 Brisbane home @7.30pm Wed 1 jan

14 minutes ago, wendybr said:

An afterthought re silly hats..it would be appropriate for his next visit to Melbourne to wear a sombrero. A very stylish one of course.

That'd be both silly/funny and very practical.

PS I'm still feeling elated, which .means I'm  feeling silly. :crazy:

A sombrero in Melbourne is not practical, an umbrella is practical.

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Not sure 'clodhoppers' is going to get much of a work out this season....unless (hopefully) in ref to ESFC next up.

And EXACTLY that thought also occurred to me!  :lol:

Let's  hope it does get a run now and then...for a laugh.

But not in reference to us.

11 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Looking beyond the Derby next week, we play the follwing

R4: Roar home on 26th Oct @ 5pm sat

R5: Fraudsters away 9th Nov @ 7.30pm

R6: bye

R7: Heartle$$ home 22 Nov@7.30pm Fri

R8 jets away 30 Nov @ 7.30pm sat

R9 Nix away Auckland @5pm sat 7 dec FTA

R10 Perth away @ 9.45pm 14 dec

R11 Fraudsters home @ 7.30pm 20 dec

R12 Adelaide away @ 7.30pm fri 27 Dec

R13 Brisbane home @7.30pm Wed 1 jan

Will the fans come back to the Jets away game...like times of old...if we keep this form up they will...

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, Beer said:

I am enjoying it. I am enjoying watching and reading about the wanderers for the first time since mid 2016. 

Im just waiting for us to show some consistency and continued positivity before I start getting on the “wsw will win the title” bandwagon. 

Im just as pleased as everyone else, but it’s round 2 ffs. 

I’ll save a seat for you, don’t leave it too late though 

31 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Easy to see why they love him...one thing totally clear already..the guy isnt here for a holiday.

Exactly......he could have easily been subbed off after 60 mins and everyone expected that.... instead he kept chasing the holding the ball till the very last action.

He is a true professional and although unfit he will still give a 100% a lot better than some of the prima donnas we had in the last few seasons.

2 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Exactly......he could have easily been subbed off after 60 mins and everyone expected that.... instead he kept chasing the holding the ball till the very last action.

He is a true professional and although unfit he will still give a 100% a lot better than some of the prima donnas we had in the last few seasons.

Staying on is the best way to get match fit. Good call by the gaffer imo

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I plan to enjoy watching the Parklea Messi this year, as he will be off overseas soon, he’s going to be some player 

You'll have to excuse me a bit here...but........ who in hell is the Parklea Messi..?

:D

Edited by sonar