Sign in to follow this  
mack

Wanderers Storm Melbourne For 3 Points

41 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I plan to enjoy watching the Parklea Messi this year, as he will be off overseas soon, he’s going to be some player 

Did you hear Babbel's interview with Adam Peacock before the season started? He said that he said to Baccus (who had offers to go overseas), "Play one more season for me in the A-league and I will personally drive you to the airport". Fortunately, Baccus listened to him (just hope he stays all season).

1 hour ago, lloydy136 said:

Couple of other things....

After years of watching vedran flap and yell and carry on like a ****wit how good is it to have a keeper who just does his job in a calm, assured way. I must say i was sceptical about using a visa spot on a keeper but i am very much won over.

I thought the ref was really good last night - confident, got most things right, worked as a team with his AR's and communicated well with the players.

Yep, particularly at the end. Every cross coming in from those corners or otherwise, there'd be a crowd of players and I'd think, here it is.... wait a second, where'd the ball go? Oh. Keeper's ball.

A strange feeling.

1 minute ago, Carns said:

Did you hear Babbel's interview with Adam Peacock before the season started? He said that he said to Baccus (who had offers to go overseas), "Play one more season for me in the A-league and I will personally drive you to the airport". Fortunately, Baccus listened to him (just hope he stays all season).

That's a better deal than it sounds. The Baccus name is a very difficult one to use if you are an after an Uber.

I posted part of this in the wrong thread earlier.

I love away games. As well as seeing other fans/forumites I already know but don't see often, I get to meet others and make new acquaintances. Last night, there were several, including XFactor, Jowel and smirny(?).

Hopefully, encouraged some to join the ToD next month.

Had a ball at the match.

Reminded Mitch about trivia! Again!

Edited by Edinburgh
Deleted unintended quote

3 hours ago, wendybr said:

You deleted a post because it was silly?

Come and be silly with us Btron!

We deserve a bit of happy/lighthearted/silliness...after the dire last few seasons we've had. :D

No, I deleted the post because I had tried to edit a previous one and ended up quoting it. I then realised my donation has run out and I'm only a member. (Mack is there a way to know when this happens?)

The silly bit was explaining my actions haha

2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

What's Gusto like? Nice chap?

And the best part of that is you see how pumped and together they are after a win. Can't wait to see that excitedness develop with and extend to the fans. The community feeling will be back.

31 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

I then realised my donation has run out and I'm only a member. (Mack is there a way to know when this happens?)

I get an email notification each year when mine runs out. Maybe check which email your donation was linked to?

9 minutes ago, marron said:

And the best part of that is you see how pumped and together they are after a win. Can't wait to see that excitedness develop with and extend to the fans. The community feeling will be back.

The feeling is starting to creep back in already. Its all set up as well as any time since season 1. Next game is a massive opportunity to get the stadium bouncing and really bring the good times ( and fans) back.

Lets face it..the CCM game was a nice quaint Saturday tea time starter...next up is when things go to another level. Hope we can grasp the opportunity, if we can we could be on a season 1 type ride.

Edited by Smoggy

34 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

See the source image

How many should I order?

Needs a Gold star - and room for more.

6 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Needs a Gold star - and room for more.

Someone needs to photoshop the WSW badge on the front of the cap :D

2 hours ago, wendybr said:

An afterthought re silly hats..it would be appropriate for his next visit to Melbourne to wear a sombrero. A very stylish one of course.

That'd be both silly/funny and very practical.

PS I'm still feeling elated, which .means I'm  feeling silly. :crazy:

Can't do it.  Not PC. Cultural appropriation!

44 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Amazing!
Can the club get in touch with them just organise a friendly at the end of this season? 
That would be superb. 

In Frankfurt...would love to go there...

1 hour ago, sonar said:

You'll have to excuse me a bit here...but........ who in hell is the Parklea Messi..?

:D

Baccus of course 

9 hours ago, btron3000 said:

The only player we can’t afford to lose to injury is Schwegler.

And Lopar?

MB in the presser: "last year we found ways to lose games". Indeed. May clown ball never return to WSW. No more BS. 

Edited by FCB

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

It's been years since the first thing on my mind on waking up was the Wanderers performance the night before

Yeah, I had to check again just to make sure I wasn't dreaming :)

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Amazing!
Can the club get in touch with them just organise a friendly at the end of this season? 
That would be superb. 

Sankt Pauli fans will send their congrats to Alex Meir later, however, they are a bit Franz and Lizt at the moment

To Lees 's post about sombreros.

Was expecting such a response...no doubt as a joke.

The current notion of cultural appropriation, as interpreted in some circles,  is a joke. Especially if it refers to hats. 

Good topic for the International Current Affairs Thread. :lol:

Stringer and Mack will probably show up over there over to justify why it would be a heinous act of cultural appropriation. ;)

:D:D

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Someone needs to photoshop the WSW badge on the front of the cap :D

M9pm8gM.jpg

Bit rough but reckon if properly done could look very nice.

Found hats on Ebay that are only about $15 each

9 minutes ago, SomeGuy1977 said:

The 7 pages (and counting) of optimism (mostly) less than 24 hrs after full time are somewhat refreshing. It’s been way too long since we’ve had this kind of buzz. and yes yes, it’s only round 2. Whatever. I’m enjoying it. 

work this week will see the banter with the smurf supporters return too. Bring it on. 

Amazing the impact a couple of wins can have eh? :clapping:

Think it’s not just the wins, but what the team has been producing in terms of persistence & spirit that has really reinvigorated us.

it’s natural to get a High after a couple of victories, however there’s also some pride, self-belief & even a vague hint of swagger coming back to us now. The kind of mood that reflects the  whole package of winning, style and being back in Parra.

15 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

M9pm8gM.jpg

Bit rough but reckon if properly done could look very nice.

Found hats on Ebay that are only about $15 each

I dunno, those are flat caps though which are different to what MB has, and the above looks a bit Millwall chav, I went to Millwall a few Decembers ago and the blokes and their lads were wearing these type of things lol

55 minutes ago, wendybr said:

To Lees 's post about sombreros.

Was expecting such a response...no doubt as a joke.

The current notion of cultural appropriation, as interpreted in some circles,  is a joke. Especially if it refers to hats. 

Good topic for the International Current Affairs Thread. :lol:

Stringer and Mack will probably show up over there over to justify why it would be a heinous act of cultural appropriation. ;)

:D:D

Thanks for your input Miranda

Meet you in the Current Affairs Thread!

You can go first! :lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

I dunno, those are flat caps though which are different to what MB has, and the above looks a bit Millwall chav, I went to Millwall a few Decembers ago and the blokes and their lads were wearing these type of things lol

The current Babbel hat doesn't have the same visible joins as per the PB look, but does have a button at the top:

image-1233508-640_panofree-ybqn-1233508.

He has also worn a flatter cap like this..

.2,w=591,c=0.sport.jpg

But his best effort has to be this one:

markus-babbel-vfb-stuttgart-assistant-co

1 minute ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

The current Babbel hat doesn't have the same visible joins as per the PB look, but does have a button at the top:

image-1233508-640_panofree-ybqn-1233508.

He has also worn a flatter cap like this..

.2,w=591,c=0.sport.jpg

But his best effort has to be this one:

markus-babbel-vfb-stuttgart-assistant-co

Looks like a cool cat crooner circa 1952.

Sinatra, Dean Martin, and Babbel.

Sold out shows in Las Vegas that year the 3 of them.