Western Sydney Wanderers vs Sydney FC 26/10/2019 7:30PM

8 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

He could maybe play McGowan at RB and Georgievski on the left with Ziegler in the middle (in a 4) 

ziegler ain’t a full back 

or Kamau RWB and Georgievski LWB with three CBs or even a 4 with Kamau 

Yeah, that’s what I was getting at - shift McGowan out wide or swap DG. Good prob to have and I don’t think it would be a terrible decision to just stick with a winning side. Tough night for the lad though. 

13 hours ago, FCB said:

This derby will be very different.

Arnie, Carney, Ryall, Simon gone for some time.

This time no Brilliante, no Zullo, no Brosque. Assistant coach and GK coach gone. 

Also: no Beath or Gillett.

Brattan replaces Brilliante

ABJ replaces De Jong

McGowan replaces van der Linden

Kosta replaces Brosque

They are treading water.

Ziegler, Kamau, and/or Mueller perhaps on the bench. And then there is the minor technicality of being back in Parra. The longer I think about this game, the more confident I feel.

"minor" :)

They have lost a lot of the ticker of their team, if we get a goal I can see them getting rattled by the noise and energy. If we take advantage of that we could run over the top of them. As already said in this thread, gotta take our chances. Bury them when we have the opportunity. I think the big fella up front will do that, tipping him to come through for us.

On 23/10/2019 at 8:08 PM, Smoggy said:

You know that, I know that but I can't ever see the day that approval will be given to sell more standing tickets than what there would be seat spaces, even if the club wanted to it would be very difficult to get approval for.

Why?

The Building Codes themselves have specified that you can fit 3 times as many people in a standing area of a stadium as you can in a "spectator stand". Obviously that was written thinking about hills etc., but there is no reason they can't update this and approve the terrace for 3 times the people. Anytime you build a public space you have to determine capacity based on sitting v standing, it's normal.

A couple of years of emptiness on the edges and no crowd problems and they should be able to do it. As Marron questioned elsewhere, the main issue might be access and egress. The terrace itself can comfortably be approved for more people.

3 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Is there any official or administrator you don't think is a smurf conspiritor? :D

From my view, I reckon he has called 50:50s for any opposition against us, but especially the Smurfs.

On their squad, the only position that is currently a question mark is left back. Unless Zullo makes a recovery by tomorrow night they will play either Joel King (youth player) or Retre.

If they play their normal 4-2-2-2 then it will be

GK.....Wiggle

Mullet....McGowan......Wilkinson....King?

.............O'Neill.........Brattan

Treejack............................Ninkovic 

...........Le Floprie......Barbarouses 

Looks like MB could play either a back 3 or back 4. We need more speed on the right to stop Barbarouses. Baccus to mark Ninkovic,  Sullivan on Treejack, Schwegler to thread the midfield duo. 

I just Faghani watches their back 6 for rotational fouls. 

Ok so question...

White & Black Membership came in the mail today. It is listed as general admission, or in other words there is no designated seat.
Does that make it a first there gets the spot situation?
Our first game was fine as there were seats everywhere, however I imagine it could be a mad dash for the stands for this weeks game.

Am I interpreting this correctly?

8 minutes ago, Clarency said:

Ok so question...

White & Black Membership came in the mail today. It is listed as general admission, or in other words there is no designated seat.
Our first game was fine as there were seats everywhere, however I imagine it could be a mad dash for the stands for this weeks game.

I'm pretty sure that any membership will have designated seats.

34 minutes ago, Clarency said:

Ok so question...

There should be a bay number on your member card. Apparently for big sellout games you need to sit anywhere in that bay. However I doubt this will be enforced. Just go anywhere in the white and black bays.

12 hours ago, marron said:

Interesting that her paymasters allowed her. i suppose this gives her the opportunity to use parramatta to her advantage politically.

Where is her seat?  If she is from out that way then it is fair enuf I guess.

There was some suggestion that the late VAR review the other week that led to a handball decision against Adelaide was called at the insistence of Corica.  If so that kind of **** needs to be clamped down on as it has to potential to really hurt us.  One thing I liked about Faghani was how he threatened to card Castro for calling for the VAR. 

As a side note - noticed Brilliante in the FFA Cup final for City keeping alive the Sydney FC tradition of cynical fouling.

9 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

Not sure why there is talk of Ziggy playing ? Surely would be insane to start him in a derby when we have 3 fit centrebacks . 

Indeed. The only change that I can see happening is Kamau returning as RB, and DG moving over to the left, and Yeboah instead of Adam. Need to have the older experienced guys on the pitch against the Smurfs, two youngsters with Baccus and Sullivan is enough.

17 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

Parramatta.

Saturday 26 October

Summary
partly-cloudy.png
Min 21
Max 32
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 5% rain_5.gif

Sydney area

Mostly sunny. Light winds becoming northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h in the morning then tending westerly 25 to 40 km/h in the middle of the day.

5% chance of rain is more than enough for it to happen on game day.

15 hours ago, Smoggy said:

I ripped my legs on the back of the Allianz seat at that one and had bruises for weeks after...worth it though.

I remembered that massive bruising I got at the back of my leg after going mental when Shinji scored in the derby, had leg and massage next day at livo westfield and my massage guy noticed the bruising and asked if I was suffering from DVT which I had no idea what that is because I had no noticeable pain from the bruising so instead he rubbed tiger balm on it.

15 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Let us remind ourselves of one previous time Alireza Faghani took charge of a very important Wanderers match:

Interestingly, Al Hilal had an attacking free kick at the end to which Faghani basically said, "Nah, time's up" and blew the whistle for full time. Let us hope we are as beneficial again on Saturday.

My smurf loving mate is pissed off the Iranian ref is reffing our game, he reckons we are going to benefit from him with favouring the calls towards us and I reminded him the amount of times other refs have helped his team beat us by going over those games and he calls BS on them and he goes back to how Chris Beath helped us beat them in the derby a few years ago and how Nishimura helped us win the ACL against Al-Hilal :lol:

Edited by SBW
5 minutes ago, SBW said:

I remembered that massive bruising I got at the back of my leg after going mental when Shinji scored in the derby, had leg and massage next day at livo westfield and my massage guy noticed the bruising and asked if I was suffering from DVT which I had no idea what that is because I had no noticeable pain from the bruising so instead he rubbed tiger balm on it.

My smurf loving mate is pissed off the Iranian ref is reffing our game, he reckons we are going to benefit from him with favouring the calls towards us and I reminded him the amount of times other refs have helped his team beat us by going over those games and he calls BS on them and he goes back to how Chris Beath helped us beat them in the derby a few years ago and how Nishimura helped us win the ACL against Al-Hilal :lol:

I think we have finally paid our penance to the football gods for that ACL win. Some said we would have a season of pain after it..make that 3 or 4....

Oh the good old days of mapman explaining to us where East is a relation to West. He just about promoted Wedding Cake Island to "Eastern Suburbs" to justify that Moore Park and Bondi are located in the heart of Sydney. Head shake. In the meantime the team for all of Sydney refuses to use the ground that is in the geographical centre of Sydney. Even though Arnie said that Sydney's answer to Man United had only lent ANZ to WSW. 

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Indeed. The only change that I can see happening is Kamau returning as RB, and DG moving over to the left, and Yeboah instead of Adam. Need to have the older experienced guys on the pitch against the Smurfs, two youngsters with Baccus and Sullivan is enough.

just went for a walk and saw the lads train (through the corner openings that is)

• mack locked this topic