mack

Duke Wins Derby

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

He did get saved by the woodwork on at least 2 occasions.

He still has plenty of areas to work on

Lopar is like many keepers you see in the championship in the UK, and i mean that in a good way. Commands his area, is verbal and knows where to position his defenders and himself, all things any half decent keeper should be capable of.

I am not talking Lopar down, however we had a keeper in Vedran who at times I think didn't event know where his goal was behind him, which for  keeper is criminal. Vedran was THAT bad, what you see in Lopar is a keeper going about his business as he should ******* do. I don't think it is man of the match winning stuff personally, its normal, after that last few years that seems ******* amazing.

Love Lopar though.

Edited by Smoggy

opps double post lol

Edited by Smoggy

Football is a game of skill grit and determination but above all it's a mind game. The pressure was all on our team....first derby back at Parra , unbeaten start and I'm sure the fact that all the media said before the game was the 17 game run must have piled the pressure on.

This will help the " mentality " of the team especially the young ones. As it has been said before last season we would have lost that game by 4 or 5

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

I don't see the point of it at all.

......it's for the kiddies.......:ninja:

5 hours ago, Stokz said:

Not sure why Babbel hasn’t made more subs, in both Victory/SFC games, Meier and Yeboah both look very tired towards the end.

Would of been a good to throw on Grozos at least. Last 10 mins or so. Then Ziegler last 5. 

DG and Yeboah were both gassed @70 mins so I was at a loss why the Boss didnt use his subs...reminds me of popa when he was reluctant to make subs too...drives me crazy lol

Champions grind out wins especially against sides who sit top of the table, so yeah plenty to work on but I'll take a win like that every time especially against the scum....Schwegler what a professional - and easily won the mental game. When Arnies little buddy was having his tanty and he just jogged on with half a grin....yeah that guy is what we've missed for a number of seasons now

Lopar is not Covic level yet...but he was a beast last night, and yeah we lost the midfield, but we won the game - noone can say that would've happened last year...now on to Saturday!!

ps. From Bay 113, the RBB ran a little quiet from my position from time to time - I was up towards the scum end so they had their moments, but they're ****s anyway so **** them

Edited by Horus

i dont get why we didnt use subs i mean Yeboah is not exactly the most defensive player so he should have been replaced with fresh legs imo but we won so who knows if we would have won if subs were made, his hat knows what its doing

46 minutes ago, Horus said:

DG and Yeboah were both gassed @70 mins so I was at a loss why the Boss didnt use his subs...reminds me of popa when he was reluctant to make subs too...drives me crazy lol

MB did what he did in the cup game in Perth: he trusted that his starting 11 had what it took to see out the game, and they did.

You just don't know what it does to the team's structure when you start replacing players late. Yes, we had a few guys on the pitch who had heavy legs, but overall we had the edge fitness-wise as the game progressed in the second half.

5 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

Fantastic from shwegler  I love this guy . Any chance you can do the one in the confrontation with grant ? . Corica is yelling in his face Schwegler ignores him and flashes a cheeky smile and wink at Brattan and I think maybe even blows him a kiss 

This image was sent to me this morning.

STFU Mullet boy  

2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Sometimes a team is saved by the woodwork because of what they did earlier to limit the options 

Yep and I am absolutely convinced that cleansing smoking ceremony before Round 1 has been the best thing we have ever done.  :good:

Edited by scarcev

34 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

i dont get why we didnt use subs i mean Yeboah is not exactly the most defensive player so he should have been replaced with fresh legs imo but we won so who knows if we would have won if subs were made, his hat knows what its doing

I have seen this a fair bit today but what do you do?  Zielgler comes on and breaks down again and it is either sub bench cleared for the day or we play with 10, you can't upset the CD by bringing on Tass, bringing on a kid like Russell may have been disastrous and Grozos is a creative player who I reckon is sometimes lazy in defence, so easy to say make a sub but I am not sure who would of made us stronger. 

Just heard Clint Bolton saying on the Nix-Perth game say the Baccus non-penalty call was totally incorrect. What a f***wit.

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Just heard Clint Bolton saying on the Nix-Perth game say the Baccus non-penalty call was totally incorrect. What a f***wit.

he has always been a ****wit, washed up

9 minutes ago, scarcev said:

I have seen this a fair bit today but what do you do?  Zielgler comes on and breaks down again and it is either sub bench cleared for the day or we play with 10, you can't upset the CD by bringing on Tass, bringing on a kid like Russell may have been disastrous and Grozos is a creative player who I reckon is sometimes lazy in defence, so easy to say make a sub but I am not sure who would of made us stronger. 

that is a good point, i mean we won so he was right but at the same time i was still worried during the match :P

27 minutes ago, FCB said:

MB did what he did in the cup game in Perth: he trusted that his starting 11 had what it took to see out the game, and they did.

You just don't know what it does to the team's structure when you start replacing players late. Yes, we had a few guys on the pitch who had heavy legs, but overall we had the edge fitness-wise as the game progressed in the second half.

I suspect MB has a policy that suggests that if you indicate to him that you're ready to start, you must be capable of playing a full 90mins. 

He probably has instilled in them all a mentality that you must endure & keep running through the pain, otherwise you're letting your team mates down, rather than him. No excuses!

He'll learn who he can trust & who he can't.

He may not have trusted his bench to do a job, but that is only a minor concern.  

I spoke with Kwame post game. IMO, he has never been a 90 minute player, but he should benefit from the additional minutes he received.   

I heard it mentioned that Muller joined the pregame march.  Did anyone see him?

Edited by LeeMarvin

5 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

**** babbel out!!!

mier should be doing overheads kicks by now and he could have run on the field pre game to take Tara’s wet top off 

Back to Germania! Kraut head 50/50 doesn’t cut it here! 

😂

Mate, haven't laughed so hard in ages!

6 hours ago, Carns said:

I'm in Bay 219, only 2 bays in from the corner of the stadium. And where I am, the sound from the RBB is awesome. I can clearly make out the chants and La Banda, and when rocking it sounds absolutely phenomenal (I deliberately chose my black membership seats in this area as it was in close proximity to the RBB).

I'm also in Bay 219. I now have similar seats to what I had at the old Pirtek, but when my Black membership seats were first allocated at Bankwest, I was right down the southern end. **** that.

So, I went online to change my seating allocation and as luck would have it, there were two available seats almost identical in position to what I had at Pirtek, so I grabbed them. Couldn't be happier. Young Wanderboy and I like to stand during the match, so the back row is perfect for us.

I can hear the RBB loud and clear and the view is awesome. But geez, climbing those stairs is going to shorten my life by 20 years I reckon!

12 minutes ago, marron said:

I saw a guy who looked like his picture, I said, "ere, aren't you Nicolai Müller, one time winger for Hamburger SV and Eintracht Frankfurt?"

He said, "Nein, ich bin Nicolai Muller, no umlaut, bitte".

So I guess it wasn't him.

How good/ lively/entertaining/busy/funny have our forums been over the last week?

Like old times....but without the aggro.

:woah::woah:

9 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I can hear the RBB loud and clear and the view is awesome. But geez, climbing those stairs is going to shorten my life by 20 years I reckon!

@JackDoff has already chickened out of the top of Bay 219 and has moved lower down the stand! Had plenty of room to stretch out, mate, thanks! :rofl:

You're probably near me, I'm in the row in front and there are plenty of people standing behind in the back row.

1 minute ago, Carns said:

@JackDoff has already chickened out of the top of Bay 219 and has moved lower down the stand! Had plenty of room to stretch out, mate, thanks! :rofl:

You're probably near me, I'm in the row in front and there are plenty of people standing behind in the back row.

WSF bringing more people together....possibly.

PS Did you get to meet Jack in person, before he abandoned his seat up top??

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

WSF bringing more people together....possibly.

Nah , I don’t mix with the plebs up the back...

:P

Just now, wendybr said:

No, he bailed after one game ;) and we only discovered the connection afterwards in post match discussion.

Just now, JackDoff said:

Nah , I don’t mix with the plebs up the back...

:P

Did you enjoy your prawn sandwiches and caviar, too?

6 minutes ago, Carns said:

So, you're in the 2nd back row?

I'm not like Jack.

I'm happy to say hi and have a chat anytime. My son and I are up the left hand end of the bay. And **** you Jack. You can come and say hi as well!!

1 minute ago, Wanderboy said:

So, you're in the 2nd back row?

I'm not like Jack.

I'm happy to say hi and have a chat anytime. My son and I are up the left hand end of the bay. And **** you Jack. You can come and say hi as well!!

Jack I have heard has the look and temperament of Benito Mussolini..