Duke Wins Derby

25 minutes ago, Keithie said:

5 Wanderers in team of the week , 

Daniel Lopar

Daniel Georgievski

Purmin Schwegler 

Matt Jurman

Mitch Duke

Not one East Sydney Smurf , you would think they would filled the team of the week listen to Arnies Bitch Corica  after the game.

Who Do we sing for  :clapping:

Corica has called for the VAR on the "team of the Week".

1 hour ago, beatsurrender said:

I’m not glass half empty here but I’m not all wine and roses like FCB either. There are serious issues around our creativity that unless they are rectified, will result in us falling short. We can’t expect to win games like that very often. I am hoping Muller will go a long way to addressing that shortcoming.

Did I read my name? :-) I don't think I am "all wine and roses", but realistic.

S1, after Rd 10, we had 13 points. We'd been hit and miss. The Rd 10 game against Brisbane we should have lost by a margin, they had more clear cut chances than the Smurfs did on Saturday - but we won it 1:0. Very very lucky we were. And the week after we beat the Smurfs at Allianz, Ono and Hersi started to get into gear, and our season took off.

S8, after Rd 3, we have 9 points. One can say that we were lucky, but with a lesser squad we would have had a different experience. Lopar and Schwegler have well and truly arrived in the HAL, as have the domestic signings Jurman, McGowan, Georgievski, Sullivan. AMFG is well ahead of were Ono was same time in 2012, and we should see both Ziegler and Mueller on the pitch against Roar. And: we had three young players on the pitch, in a derby, and they held their ground against the Smurfs' all senior team, it is something that got lost in the derby frenzy.

There will be setbacks, but I expect us to keep grinding out results, and our football to improve in the process. The next big test will be against City in a few weeks. We'll know more then.

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

Was surprised in the pre-game to hear Brosque admit that getting in the refs' ear and trying to intimidate them to get favourable decisions is one of their tactics.  Height of arrogance to think they could do that to a guy like Alireza.

I still contend that when we last beat them in the infamous 'Arniegate' game, Brosque didn't get his stone wall penalty because the ref was fed up with being badgered by him !!

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

Daniel Lopar

Daniel Georgievski

Purmin Schwegler 

Matt Jurman

Mitch Duke

Not one East Sydney Smurf , you would think they would filled the team of the week listen to Arnies Bitch Corica  after the game.

That'll piss 'em off big time !!

26 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Robbie Slater squats in the goal to make his point. Or to pee like a girl ... not sure.
20231170-7617771-image-a-24_157213761417

What a clown Slater is. 

If he just looked directly down on top of the ball he’d see it doesn’t cross the line. He in fact did look down but chose not to confirm this fact.

muppet

7 minutes ago, Jowel said:

What a clown Slater is. 

If he just looked directly down on top of the ball he’d see it doesn’t cross the line. He in fact did look down but chose not to confirm this fact.

muppet

I thought he did say even though it looks like it crossed the line from above it's nowhere near over the line.

3 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Interesting story, says Lopar was unbelievable.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/one-of-those-nights-ninkovic-can-t-explain-sydney-s-derby-misfire-20191027-p534pj.html

I wonder what's being said in Switzerland and Germany about the game?

Ninkovic's probably right when he says they played some of their best football the other night since he's been there. Their approach play was excellent at times but they were generally woeful anywhere near the goal. I's still tip them as top two material unless they get some serious injuries. It's just up to us now to improve and get that other spot in the top 2 !!

I find it real ironic the smurf fans are labelling Alireza a Wanderers fan because he favoured a lot of 50/50 decisions to us like the handball from Baccus should have been a penalty and the ball crossed the line and should have been goal.

They may have every right to complain but its like as if they haven't had those types of calls go their way before and got results out of it.

14 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Ninkovic's probably right when he says they played some of their best football the other night since he's been there. Their approach play was excellent at times but they were generally woeful anywhere near the goal. I's still tip them as top two material unless they get some serious injuries. It's just up to us now to improve and get that other spot in the top 2 !!

SFC should keep it up. Keep on playing the best football ever but don’t score any goals. 

30 minutes ago, wswnick said:

i really hope we gave Lopar and Schwegler 1+1 deals like Majewski. And we need to give Duke an extension pronto

A decision will be made by Christmas in regard to the partial or full removal of the salary cap. Clubs will be able to get on with their recruiting planning for next season, before the free agent window opens

3 hours ago, wswtragic said:

"If they think they're the winners after two wins in the last four years, I'm OK with that," Ninkovic laughed.

We are winners on account of scoring goals than them in the allotted 90 minute period, that’s how football generally works 

Edited by StringerBellend

Being honest, they were more structured and their one touch and interplay was superb, they just lacked the finish. They can complain all they want about the missed penalty and the ball crossing the line but the 2 one on one chances especially at this supposedly highest level cost them the game.  Corica the turd should be focused on that and 4 other guilt edged chances rather than the grubby way he tried to focus on the referee and the VAR. What about the way he verbally attacked and intimidated Shwegler outside the technical area;rightfully he should be dragged in front of the Judiciary and fined and at least face a one game ban. Being the grubs that they are and still having the influence over the inept and self interested focused wanks on the FFA, he will get nothing done to him.

2 days on from the bestest night in 3 years, does it get better than this! 

I haven't come down from the adrenalin rush and my missus thinks I've lost it with the non stop smile I've got on my dial. 

Bring on Brisbane! See you all at BankWest on Saturday!

The mighty Red & Black are back!

9 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

Take the loss Ninkopoop n move on.......and they’ve still only scored 1 goal from open play. Have all the stats in the world going in your favour, if you don’t stick that ball into the back of the net it all amounts to bupkis  :meep:

During the last five minutes I said to my sister " I can't watch this...it's too nervewracking"...to which an old Italian guy behind me puts his hands on my shoulders and says to me ..." you have to chilla bro....we willa win this......trust me" When the final whistle went he smiles at me, patted me on the back and said....." I tella you right....we win....see   "

:D

4 hours ago, Keithie said:

Daniel Lopar

Daniel Georgievski

Purmin Schwegler 

Matt Jurman

Mitch Duke

Do those aspiring journos even football?

It's not a good trait to always be parochial to the extreme.

Any student of the game other than Stevie Wonder, could tell you that Ninkovic was clearly the 2nd best outfield player on the pitch last Saturday night. 

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Any student of the game other than Stevie Wonder, could tell you that Ninkovic was clearly the 2nd best outfield player on the pitch last Saturday night. 

100%. He was really good. They played some great stuff, just couldn’t score. Them’s the breaks.

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

They are lucky to have  Ninko he is always their best player and probably one of the best imports ever in the league .He also works really hard defensively. The key is to nullify him and the smurfs are in trouble . Brattan and ABJ  cant really do any damage to teams and they are liability in defence . 

2 hours ago, SBW said:

I find it real ironic the smurf fans are labelling Alireza a Wanderers fan because he favoured a lot of 50/50 decisions to us like the handball from Baccus should have been a penalty and the ball crossed the line and should have been goal.

They may have every right to complain but its like as if they haven't had those types of calls go their way before and got results out of it.

Well everyone knows people from those kind of countries are all incompetent and corrupt right?  Why else would the Manchester United of Asia never win in the ACL!

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic