Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 2/11/2019 5:00PM

6 minutes ago, Jefski said:

Best way to get match fit is to get as much game time as possible (just like he did with Meier). To good to leave on the bench.

You asked a question, but don't like the answer.

Bad luck you're banned from asking any further q's for 7 days 

They might be second last but I hope this game isn't being seen as an easier one than the Victory game. They were unlucky not to get a draw there. And their first draw was against Perth. 

One of the biggest differences between Victory and Brisbane is that Brissy is far less mobile. There's some big slow boys. They're far more physical too. 

4 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

XvRwC7W.gif

should be an interesting game in that for the past few seasons WSW teams will put in effort against the "big" clubs like SFC and Victory but struggle against teams out of form

Gotta stay focused :aggressive:

This is not the same team as in previous seasons. We are better....much better.

(Although I have to admit to wanting to punch the TV when were two goals up and conceded two in extra time last season. Vedran and his stupidity cost us)

Edited by sonar

So anyone want to hazard a guess at the crowd? Be interesting to see how the numbers hold up. Third game back, top of the league, on the back of a derby win etc but then it's a 5pm kick off, middling opposition and forecast to be bloody hot. First game for us peeps in the Eastern Stand to have to contend with a hot sun too. I'm going for 15k give or take.  Now where's my Babbel flat cap!

Edited by beatsurrender
39 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

So anyone want to hazard a guess at the crowd? Be interesting to see how the numbers hold up. Third game back, top of the league, on the back of a derby win etc but then it's a 5pm kick off, middling opposition and forecast to be bloody hot. First game for us peeps in the Eastern Stand to have to contend with a hot sun too. I'm going for 15k give or take.  Now where's my Babbel flat cap!

In x 4. My wife is coming to her first WSW game (but it's costing me a nice dinner!)

Edited by wswtragic
3 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

In x 4. My wife is coming to her first WSW game (but it's costing me a nice dinner!)

Dinner after a win in Parramatta, enjoy.

I predict a Meier hatrick against Neville, Alfred and Gillepsy.

9 minutes ago, tardotz said:

After the victory game I was confident that we will get a good result against the smurfs.

After the derby I'm not that confident that we will win against the roar....hope I'm wrong.

We really need to improve on last week's performance if we are to win.

The players knew how big of a game that was for the club. Nerves do funny things to people. We also had 3 youngsters on the pitch and 2 strikers playing in midfield, not ideal. They team has now rolled 2 big oppositions, they should be going into this game with far more confidence and much less pressure. 3 points should be the expectation here

9 minutes ago, tardotz said:

After the victory game I was confident that we will get a good result against the smurfs.

After the derby I'm not that confident that we will win against the roar....hope I'm wrong.

We really need to improve on last week's performance if we are to win.

Nah digger

Brisbane look like a busted arse League 2 team trying to battle its way up from the relegation zone.

Fowler is a dud as a coach, they have no creativity or energy & the only reason they weren't beaten by Victory by a bigger scoreline last Friday was that their oppo is still to get their shite sorted with a new coach & a few injuries.

Right now Meow, Newy & Nux are destined for bottom three and could be argued that both Newcastle & Wellington have played better football.

We'll do them 3-0. Duke & Meier to score, one with a double.

22 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Could see 3 at the back if Muller starts. Must keep an eye on O'Shea bit of a tricky player and of course they Roy O'Donovan who should have scored against Victory. Be interesting how Babbel plays this.

Even if Muller stays on the bench, a 3 ATB is tasty here.

Ziggy, Mcgowan, Jurman at CB

That lets Wilmering and DG roam a bit higher up the park up against nonexistent wingbacks. McGing doesn't have the wheel to cover Wilmering or DG all day.

That leaves Baccus, Schwegs and Grozos/Sullivan/Muller/Yeboah in behind Duke and AMFG

Thats noooiiice when you look at the wet cardboard that makes up Brisbanes back line

1 minute ago, mack said:

Going back to 5atb feels like giving up the initiative to the Roar. Play the 4231 and dominate the play, use our fullbacks & wing combinations to find overloads and get balls in for Meier.

Really? For me 5ATB is really a 3ATB with fit wingers. Brisbane lined up last game with a 3ATB and used McGing and Otool to track back. 5ATB will free Georgevski to move higher up, and he's been very potent going forward so far. I guess it depends on how you see the point of the formation

1 minute ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

if we do play 3 at the back you would expect Ziegler to come in for Sullivan. But If Muller starts who gets dropped in Meier, Duke or Yeboah?

You would like to think the captain isn't getting dropped. :ninja:

• mack locked this topic