Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 2/11/2019 5:00PM

Might have to agree that this game is weirdly a good time to chance 3 at the back. Brisbane may go for Roy and Holloway up front. That means long balls, and LOTS of physicality, also means we will face a **** load of flick ons. 

With no Sullivan it makes sense also. Play Baccus and Schwegler at the base of midfield. Duke behind Meier and Mo. Muller off the bench. If it works then we know it's a formation we can work with. If it doesn't well then... it never will.

2 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

You would think but Season 2 Popa did drop Beauchamp. You never know it is quiet competitive at the front and I didn't even include Mo Adam who has been impressive with the limited scoring chances he has had

On form would you drop him..?

I wouldn't.

30 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Really? For me 5ATB is really a 3ATB with fit wingers. Brisbane lined up last game with a 3ATB and used McGing and Otool to track back. 5ATB will free Georgevski to move higher up, and he's been very potent going forward so far. I guess it depends on how you see the point of the formation

The Roar's midfield & defence isn't dangerous going forward. We already have 6 defensive minded players with a 4atb. If they play 3/5 at the back they're wasting a central defender and will have to worry about which of their other central defenders or midfielders will shuffle across to cover our fullbacks.

4 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

So anyone want to hazard a guess at the crowd? Be interesting to see how the numbers hold up. Third game back, top of the league, on the back of a derby win etc but then it's a 5pm kick off, middling opposition and forecast to be bloody hot. First game for us peeps in the Eastern Stand to have to contend with a hot sun too. I'm going for 15k give or take.  Now where's my Babbel flat cap!

Rosehill has a major raceday on, so the anticipated 18k - 20k may now drop to 15k - 18k. 

5pm kick offs are the pits. All those sitting in the Eastern stand are advised to wear a decent pair of shades

3 hours ago, NickNova said:

I see @Taurus is well ahead of the LFC derby thing and yes, I made a video also showing good and bad moments between WSW and BRI.

You need to come up with a better background for your videos, such as a banner or club flag(s).

Btw, not my place to identify the person(s) in any video that's posted on this platform  

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Rosehill has a major raceday on, so the anticipated 18k - 20k may now drop to 15k - 18k. 

5pm kick offs are the pits. All those sitting in the Eastern stand are advised to wear a decent pair of shades

Chance of a thunderstorm as well.....welcome to summer...lol

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Could see 3 at the back if Muller starts. Must keep an eye on O'Shea bit of a tricky player and of course they Roy O'Donovan who should have scored against Victory. Be interesting how Babbel plays this.

I'm curious to know why you think the gaffer will change up a winning formula, after he made it clear only 2 weeks ago, that the 4 - 2 -  3 - 1 formation suits our current roster better? 

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I'm curious to know why you think the gaffer will change up a winning formula, after he made it clear only 2 weeks ago, that the 4 - 2 -  3 - 1 formation suits our current roster better? 

Sure so my thinking is because of how our FFA cup, pre season has been centered on 3 at the back plus the recruitment on defense. This is probably a good chance to revert back and also keep other coaches guessing what will play. Also wasn't sure about the fitness level of Sullivan so again I thought Babbel may think 3 at the back based on who is available.

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

20% or slight chance, which is about he same % possibility the Roar have of keeping a clean sheet. 

I'm remembering our derby against ESFC  late last year at ANZ where there was slight chance of storms and it pissed down.....game delayed.......and we lost.....thank you Vedran.

28 minutes ago, sonar said:

I'm remembering our derby against ESFC  late last year at ANZ where there was slight chance of storms and it pissed down.....game delayed.......and we lost.....thank you Vedran.

That would be a leading contender for worst game day ever...

Hmmm, now there's an idea for a tournament :ninja:

44 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Sure so my thinking is because of how our FFA cup, pre season has been centered on 3 at the back plus the recruitment on defense. This is probably a good chance to revert back and also keep other coaches guessing what will play. Also wasn't sure about the fitness level of Sullivan so again I thought Babbel may think 3 at the back based on who is available.

Unlike Popa, I doubt the gaffer will tinker with a winning formula on a whim 

3 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Could see 3 at the back if Muller starts. Must keep an eye on O'Shea bit of a tricky player and of course they Roy O'Donovan who should have scored against Victory. Be interesting how Babbel plays this.

I think we will play a back 3, if you watched the Victory game, Roar got caught out a number of times with switches of play and there seemed to be acres of space in behind their wide players, playing at home and not being a Derby I reckon he will go for it and hope that we don't get caught on the counter as Roar do not really have a heap of speed up front until that hyphen guy comes on.  If our frame of mind is right we win, simple as that, roar have looked awful and I knoiw they are desperate for a result but I just cannot see how they can improve enough to win.

without giving away secrets or writing riddles,  Elrich said this morning getting better a little way to go, trained separately with Kamau   JoD said he was a month away Sullivan did not train with the team , jogged a lightly early with JoD .

The rest trained hard including Muller and Duke the tall man worked hard as well.

1 hour ago, scarcev said:

I think we will play a back 3, if you watched the Victory game, Roar got caught out a number of times with switches of play and there seemed to be acres of space in behind their wide players, playing at home and not being a Derby I reckon he will go for it and hope that we don't get caught on the counter as Roar do not really have a heap of speed up front until that hyphen guy comes on.  If our frame of mind is right we win, simple as that, roar have looked awful and I knoiw they are desperate for a result but I just cannot see how they can improve enough to win.

I’m in agreement here. It’s not about tinkering with a winning formula, it’s about playing your opponent.

Brisbane play with mcging and Otoole waaaay up the park. Georgevski can exploit that if given the license to bomb forward. Either way, if DG keeps his form up, he’s going to be way too much for Otool

21 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Meier     Duke

Müller

Ziegler  Schwegler  Baccus

Georgevski Jurman Mcgowan Kamau

Lopar

Put Muller at Right wing with Duke on the left. Go back to 4-3-3, winning formula

Team list

- Sullivan & Elrich named in the squad.
- O'Doherty & Kamau still unavailable.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC v Brisbane Roar FC

Saturday, 2 November 2019
Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta
Kick-Off: 
5:00pm (Local) (5:00pm (AEDT))
Referee: Daniel Elder
Assistant Referee 1: Andrej Giev
Assistant Referee 2: Greg Taylor
Fourth Official: Tim Danaskos
VAR: Kate Jacewicz

TV Broadcast: Live coverage on FOX SPORTS 505 from 5:00pm (AEDT), ABC TV from 5:00pm (AEDT) and Sky Sport 7 (New Zealand), Kayo Sports (kayosports.com.au) and MyFootball Live App, Live Fast and Data Free for Telstra mobile customers

Radio Broadcast: myfootballnation.com (SWR999).