Wanderers Stay Top With Draw

8 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

you are not allowed to say anything negative, you are not a true wanderers fan anymore

Lol...

But I honestly don't see the need for people to repress expression of what they think/feel about where we're at.

If people can't say what they think/feel here...well, where can they?

Just now, stavup said:

Looks like a few people aren't true Wanderers fans after that attendance last night..

........i didnt attend last night....... guess i gotta go back to supporting sydney fc :P

honestly i dont know what the attendance was but sadly it was a match i really wanted to go to but was unable to, i plan on missing very few matches though cant attend them all

just the attitude of some of here is ridiculous, how far does your head have to be shoved up your own ass to call others not true fans

3 hours ago, btron3000 said:

As for the reffing... who is in charge of these guys? Because almost every one of them - bar the new fella from overseas - is totally hopeless.

The problem is that we have had a World Cup referee, one of the best referees in Asia take 2 out of our 4 games. There is such a big difference between him & the rest. It shows.

13 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Not great but not bad. It’s one of the reasons I didn’t want to buy into the hype of the first few weeks. I just hope we don’t go too far the other way now :lol:

Too late :lol: Perhaps just 3 years of SOP & horrible football  has gotten to us :lol:

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Lol...but I honestly don't see the need for people to repress expression of what they think/feel about where we're at.

If people can't say what they think here...well where can they?

i guess anyone who is at all negative is just a sydney fc fan so they can express their negative bullshit over there :P

My comments and opinion ,

Muller with 2 dots may take us to the next level up front , I am struggling each week to make excuses for Meir , lack of ball for sure but very static when we are on the attack , needs to move across the park to create not only opportunities for himself or create gaps for others

Lopar great again but we are gunna get punished if he doesn't start holding the ball a bit more  and not pushing into  the attacking team, classic when he punched the ball out with pressure on and Georgievski behind him, are they talking ? 

Wilmering gunna be great for us in the future but now way to slow yesterday in turning defence into attack get Georgievski back on the left 

Grozos , he was very average poor touches easily pushed of the ball yesterday not sure he can step up , Sullivan is yards infront of him. 

Baccus had probably his worst game in a long time.

Duke put in the yards. 

Someone earlier said Yeboah  has lost the drive and touch  , he is a last 20 minute player always has been creates havoc in those situations.  

Georgievski worked hard defended well 

Jurman another solid effort  until injured

McGowan solid as usual 

Swegler solid as usual  , another one injured

Ziegler looked good for the time he had on the park , still not sure what is going on with him re game time.

So in summary , we are surviving on good goal keeping good defense and thats about all we certainly are not working as team  (Babbel) Babbel said we still have some players playing without confidence , that's a worry left overs from last year

So the quicker we can get Elrich,  Kamau  Ziegler on the player list with Muller Swegler Jurman  and Sullivan available the better of we will be.

Injuries this year are awful but we are not alone.

Remember this only my opinion and I reserve the right to have that,  ok :D  

Lets hope our injury list is better next week than it looked at 7:00pm last night.

Nil Nil draw against The roar is not the end of the world and yes we going ok on points but it was our game to have ,

I really don't care about last year stop looking over your shoulder and comparing start look forward as to where we need to be.

My opinion only 

Someone mentioned that Meier's flick ons and passes weren't reaching their target or a defender got a toe in etc. That's certainly been the case. I noticed that when Muller came on Meier's touches and headers to Muller were successful every time even under heavy pressure. Begs the question, why so many earlier 'failures'? Seems to me Muller got closer to Meier than anyone else did and knew where to be. He's only been here a week. 

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Don't take it personally Goat. :)

It is something that's a bit divisive,  and isn't what should happen amongst our own fan base, just because  people express their opinions or concerns. IMHO

honestly i am pretty relaxed just doing some mocking, the attitude of some people here is just not something i expected from fellow wanderers fans

8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yes but apparently  we are dreadful and have no clue

Bloody hell

While I agree with you......my thinking is after the last 3 seasons, and the last 2 especially, a lot of fans for better or worse look at the game yesterday and think nothing has changed. A lot of passing with no end result. An ineffective forward line....etc,etc. 

The thing is our defence is the best it has been for a while by a big margin.

I thought we were poor in some areas....transition from defence to attack being one, bad or missed timed passes.....passes to no one.....players not running into spaces...........and good in others...especially defence.

It's where we go from here that will determine our season. We cannot afford to take WU lightly. ( As Victory found out ) .At least it is a cooler start time at 7.30. Tbh it was still reasonably hot at kickoff last night. ( I hate 5pm games )

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

While I agree with you......my thinking is after the last 3 seasons, and the last 2 especially, a lot of fans for better or worse look at the game yesterday and think nothing has changed. A lot of passing with no end result. An ineffective forward line....etc,etc. 

The thing is our defence is the best it has been for a while by a big margin.

I thought we were poor in some areas....transition from defence to attack being one, bad or missed timed passes.....passes to no one.....players not running into spaces...........and good in others...especially defence.

It's where we go from here that will determine our season. We cannot afford to take WU lightly. ( As Victory found out ) .At least it is a cooler start time at 7.30. Tbh it was still reasonably hot at kickoff last night. ( I hate 5pm games )

The thing that has changed is are on top of the table and conceded 2 goals in 4

we would have thrown that game away last year 

we have 2 imports who have played about 20 mins each we immediately looked better when Mueller came on 

I’m not going to tell anyone how they should support a team, but for ffs we are top of the table just enjoy it dudes, we will improve

Edited by StringerBellend
2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

As I said I agree with you. It's interesting to see comments about the game from fans as opposed to the manager.........

...a very different take to many here.

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

completely agree with you there tbh, its really difficult to judge where we are going to end up this season though i personally see us as a mid table team but its hard to tell right now

i think we are better than performances have shown however from what i have seen we are top 6 at best, i feel if we do gel better as a team then we are top 3 but again very early in the season

27 minutes ago, Keithie said:

My comments and opinion ,

Muller with 2 dots may take us to the next level up front , I am struggling each week to make excuses for Meir , lack of ball for sure but very static when we are on the attack , needs to move across the park to create not only opportunities for himself or create gaps for others

Lopar great again but we are gunna get punished if he doesn't start holding the ball a bit more  and not pushing into  the attacking team, classic when he punched the ball out with pressure on and Georgievski behind him, are they talking ? 

Wilmering gunna be great for us in the future but now way to slow yesterday in turning defence into attack get Georgievski back on the left 

Grozos , he was very average poor touches easily pushed of the ball yesterday not sure he can step up , Sullivan is yards infront of him. 

Baccus had probably his worst game in a long time.

Duke put in the yards. 

Someone earlier said Yeboah  has lost the drive and touch  , he is a last 20 minute player always has been creates havoc in those situations.  

Georgievski worked hard defended well 

Jurman another solid effort  until injured

McGowan solid as usual 

Swegler solid as usual  , another one injured

Ziegler looked good for the time he had on the park , still not sure what is going on with him re game time.

So in summary , we are surviving on good goal keeping good defense and thats about all we certainly are not working as team  (Babbel) Babbel said we still have some players playing without confidence , that's a worry left overs from last year

So the quicker we can get Elrich,  Kamau  Ziegler on the player list with Muller Swegler Jurman  and Sullivan available the better of we will be.

Injuries this year are awful but we are not alone.

Remember this only my opinion and I reserve the right to have that,  ok :D  

Lets hope our injury list is better next week than it looked at 7:00pm last night.

Nil Nil draw against The roar is not the end of the world and yes we going ok on points but it was our game to have ,

I really don't care about last year stop looking over your shoulder and comparing start look forward as to where we need to be.

My opinion only 

honestly your opinion is spot on at least in my opinion, when we gel as a team i can imagine we will be a lot better but right now we dont have that

1 hour ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Thank Christ for the likes of Lloydy & FCB...lads, you bring the rational & intelligent commentary that sadly some of our more petulant, obtuse or hysterical comrades can't.

Show us this hysteria you speak of.  I don't see anyone saying we can't defend well, or that we haven't got a way better attitude and approach to previous seasons.  I see people rightfully questioning our ability to hold the ball, create, and score. 

Before the game lloydy said this game would tell us a lot about ourselves. It told us we are still gutsy and determined but need to get better up front. I don't see too many people running for the hills thinking we're gonna be fighting the wooden spoon.

18 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

That's because he knows what he's talking about :ninja:

True.....but there is one question I would like someone to ask him. Does he get heart attacks when Lopar palms the ball away instead of catching it or punching it. Now, Lopar is a beast but fmd it's heart in mouth stuff when he does the palm off...:ninja:

:D

Edited by sonar
13 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Show us this hysteria you speak of.  I don't see anyone saying we can't defend well, or that we haven't got a way better attitude and approach to previous seasons.  I see people rightfully questioning our ability to hold the ball, create, and score. 

Before the game lloydy said this game would tell us a lot about ourselves. It told us we are still gutsy and determined but need to get better up front. I don't see too many people running for the hills thinking we're gonna be fighting the wooden spoon.

Check out posts where some people in this thread are yammering about how players and Babbel should piss off because of yesterday's effort.

And people making stupid comments about if player X wasn't around we'd be on 0 points. He played, we got the points...deal with it.

That's the kind of inane BS that deserves a bollocking.

Edited by ManfredSchaefer
4 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Check out posts where some people in this thread are yammering about how players and Babbel should piss off because of yesterday's effort.

And people making stupid comments about if player X wasn't around we'd be on 0 points. He played, we got the points...deal with it.

That's the kind of inane BS that deserves a bollocking.

I’m not going back through the thread, I can’t recall someone saying Babbel and players should piss off. If that’s the case how bout quoting it directly instead of praising two posters and essentially saying everyone else are morons.

As for Lopar helping us win points, relying on a keeper as much as we have is not a good idea.

You have an interesting and entertaining turn of phrase. It’d be better put to use explaining rather than attacking people IMHO. And that’s coming from someone who sometimes comes across harsher on here than I am irl. I don’t see many posts on here that “warrant a bollocking”.

I think we all agree

The value for money and entertainment on show was very poor...but we can see it is a work in progress...hopefully not too many more home games like that or fans WILL drift away..

We ended up with 3 kids across the middle yesterday that didnt know how to execute what had been gone through on the training pitch. Injuries the factor here.

We are defending well but the shots on goal stats ( and a bit of luck again, god knows how that Brissy shot didnt go in second half) we can do better. We have benefitted from wateful finishing and amazing Lopar keeping, neither of which may last.

Yeboah and AMFB were both poor. Perhaps heat got to one...Yeboah's first touch awful, but not alone in that. Our ball retention / turnover rate is not good. 

Points wise fantastic, ahead of where i thought we would be...

Compared to the Boro forum after a poor game this place is pretty tame by comparison. .personally dont think there is anything too bad...and diff of opinion always makes more interesting reading :)

some people just need a safe space where they can pretend everything is perfect but get all bitter and pathetic when people disagree, and those people sadly used to be good people but some people just grow bitter and end up being unable to communicate with anyone without hurling insults for no reason

Round 4 top of the table with a new squad with a few key players injured or playing on with injured/unfit and people still complaining lol. 

Don't win a comp in round 4 and the fight and spirit is there so no one should complain as last 3 seasons we were embarrassing at the same time round 4.

4 hours ago, btron3000 said:

As for the reffing... who is in charge of these guys? Because almost every one of them - bar the new fella from overseas - is totally hopeless. Been saying it for a while that all you need to do is go down and you get a whistle, but yesterday was the nadir. Someone needs to coach these guys properly. It’s embarrassing.

Brilliante, O’Neill and Grant would hack galore and hold players from making counter attacks and nothing happens, everyone else gets pinged for any contact. No idea how to let players play or control the flow of the game. Terrible.

Schweglers dive in the first few minutes was a great example. Basically no contact. Flung himself and gets the whistle.

2 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

Round 4 top of the table with a new squad with a few key players injured or playing on with injured/unfit and people still complaining lol. 

Don't win a comp in round 4 and the fight and spirit is there so no one should complain as last 3 seasons we were embarrassing at the same time round 4.

Sorry Burgerman this is not just aimed at you, but there is a constant theme of "we are top of the table, what more do people want?" going round.

If that is the case we might as well close down the forum, just post the table each week!

Nothing is truer in sport than the fact that you can't stand still. You stop to admire your handiwork, you are going backwards. People are just pointing out the things we need to improve else we will get overtaken.

The coach himself, in three of the four games, has said we did not play well.