Western United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 9/11/2019 7:30PM

9 minutes ago, Keithie said:

GMHBA Stadium is another Spotless Stadium did we go well at Spotless ?

We only lost just over 11% of games at Spotless.

P              W       D         L             W%                                     D%                                   L%

ANZ Stadium 22 5 4 13 22.73% 18.18% 59.09%
Spotless Stadium 17 6 9 2 35.29% 52.94% 11.76%
Edited by sonar
22 minutes ago, sonar said:

P              W       D         L             W%                                     D%                                   L%

Just went over the results at Spotless and am surprised we only lost two games. One of the losses would've been against Mariners. I remember Roy O'Donovan chipping Vedran ending 2-0. The other was against the Jets and the pitch was terrible. Majok also missed an open goal in that game I think.

3 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Just went over the results at Spotless and am surprised we only lost two games. One of the losses would've been against Mariners. I remember Roy O'Donovan chipping Vedran ending 2-0. The other was against the Jets and the pitch was terrible. Majok also missed an open goal in that game I think.

Tbh I was surprised as well.

ANZ was the worst of the two grounds for us as far as losses go.  

2 hours ago, Jowel said:

At the old parra stadium I used to sit in the southern end and occasionally i’d See mark rudan sitting there too with his kids. Brought a smile to my face.

now look where he is lol

Good luck to him, now he's earning a quid feeding his kids.

10 hours ago, sonar said:

Agree was surprised. But then we played all the quality teams at ANZ. So this isn’t a real comparison between the two.

12 hours ago, Jowel said:

At the old parra stadium I used to sit in the southern end and occasionally i’d See mark rudan sitting there too with his kids. Brought a smile to my face.

now look where he is lol

Just curious to ask... what was the story with him and "listen here **** face"?

I'm going down to this and looking forward to a Melb game, in a way that I haven't since the Santablab equaliser v Victory.

A few scoops beforehand and a march. Fun like the old days.

I think anything could happen.

Lopar is great, but he has to stop knocking those saves back into play.

Schwegler is fantastic, and brings out the best in Baccus.

Muller, on the basis of 20 minutes, looks really sharp. His touch and accelleration is too good for this league.

Love Duke. Heart and soul of the team on the field.

Jurman, the kind of beast, I'm glad is in our team, and gives us an attacking header from corners, Topor-S never really seemed to give.

I'm not convinced yet about FootballGod. Not a Pio, but not a Juric. Yet anyway.

Predicting a draw. Possible 2-2.

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Just curious to ask... what was the story with him and "listen here **** face"?

A prominent Phoenix fan/Journo made a number of public accusations on their forum and on Twitter about mark Rudan. Including things like recruiting players for WU while both he and the players in question were under Phoenix contracts.

An anonymous twitter account, who happened to share the same last 3 digits of their phone number as Mark rudans official account, approached this fan and abused the **** out of him. This account revealed a number of very  specific details from Rudans contract. The message from this anon started with “LISTEN HERE **** FACE”

The same fan was also approached by Rudans wife on FB, asking him to be kinder to Rudan. Confirmed to be her official account. Far more likely it was Mark, and not the woman he allegedly attempted to cheat on with a Fox Sport presenter.

1 hour ago, octa9ona11 said:

So Pirmin in the squad so far but Jurman unavailable due to injury. Any updates on both of these guys? I'm expecting Pirmin to be dropped out of the squad before match day

Probably a case of just giving him until the last moment before deciding. Being a crucial player. It's a good sign though as the injury can't be that serious if he is even in the frame.

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 1.Daniel LOPAR (GK), 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 7.Mitchell DUKE, 9.Nicolai MULLER, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 14.Alex MEIER, 16.Mathieu CORDIER, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 37.Jake TREW, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (GK).

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Bruce KAMAU (returns from injury), 16.Mathieu CORDIER (promoted),  21.Tarek ELRICH (return from injury)

Outs: 6.Matthew JURMAN (groin)

Unavailable: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (knee), 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI (knee), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (shoulder)

1 minute ago, beatsurrender said:

Western Sydney Wanderers FC: 1.Daniel LOPAR (GK), 4.Dylan McGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 7.Mitchell DUKE, 9.Nicolai MULLER, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 14.Alex MEIER, 16.Mathieu CORDIER, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 21.Tarek ELRICH, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 29.Daniel WILMERING, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 37.Jake TREW, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (GK).

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 11.Bruce KAMAU (returns from injury), 16.Mathieu CORDIER (promoted),  21.Tarek ELRICH (return from injury)

Outs: 6.Matthew JURMAN (groin)

Unavailable: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (knee), 10.Radoslaw MAJEWSKI (knee), 20.Vedran JANJETOVIC (shoulder)

Has Nick Sullivan left the club? :search:

8 minutes ago, wswnick said:

I really hope Schwegler is in. Midfield battle will be key to winning. That and Lopar being a beast again.

Yep. FFA Cup against Mel City where we lost 3-0 showed that. We have a good squad at the moment but when the real quality is out it shows.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic