Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 9/11/2019 7:30PM

Recommended Posts

depends what starting 11 we put in

im hoping for lopar, ziegler, mcgowan, georgievski, kamau, schwegler, baccus, muller, duke, yeboah, meir

If we put kids in there, their experienced players will run riot...our youth should be subbed in when their old legs tire! 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, xposedPatricK said:

depends what starting 11 we put in

im hoping for lopar, ziegler, mcgowan, georgievski, kamau, schwegler, baccus, muller, duke, yeboah, meir

If we put kids in there, their experienced players will run riot...our youth should be subbed in when their old legs tire! 

 

 

Swap Adam for Yeboah. It wasn't the first time Yeboah's touch has let him down massively. Against City in the FFA Cup he butchered multiple chances because of his touch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every game is too look forward to these days 

So finally looks like we will get another looks at PZ 

so far he’s like a shooting star! Hopefully stays healthy 

I reckon Durante may struggle against AMFG 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Random question. Does the squad fly to Melbourne on the day of the match or do they fly there the day before?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Jowel said:

Random question. Does the squad fly to Melbourne on the day of the match or do they fly there the day before?

They will probably have a light session in the morning to work on their ball movement for this match & set pieces etc.

They will fly to Melb on Friday arvo & stay 2 nights. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't expect many changes to our starting lineup for this match. 

There is one forced change with Jurman out & I expect Tass to replace him.  

Most likely that Muller & Patrick will be selected on the bench.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I can’t believe how negative our fan base is, believe, mofos it’s all going to be sound 

Lol........

In our last 85 games we have won.......wait for it............25.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/a-league/football-confidential-salary-cap-brawl-looming/news-story/6efc8ebfbc33e7a2e4566ba39bf5ca13

I've extracted the only bits that are important

WANDERERS coach Markus Babbel didn’t hold back when he got his long-promised tattoo, not-so-discreetly positioned on his inner forearm.

Wanderers coach Markus Babbel sporting his tattoo.

Wanderers coach Markus Babbel sporting his tattoo.

The German tells us the image is supposed to be an amalgamation of a lion to represent Bavaria, his home state in Germany, and the Wanderers’ crest, to show the similarities he sees between the two. Clearly Babbel had a lot of time to think about it on his way home to Germany at the end of last season.

 

***

"WE hear there’s an air of chirpiness at Wanderers HQ, where midfielder Pirmin Schwegler – described as the team’s conductor by teammates – has made an unexpectedly rapid recovery from a calf strain and is in line to face Western United on Saturday night.

Schwegler trained on Thursday and should travel south, though Mat Jurman is out."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Taurus said:

I don't expect many changes to our starting lineup for this match. 

There is one forced change with Jurman out & I expect Tass to replace him.  

Most likely that Muller & Patrick will be selected on the bench.   

Im going to sit in my coaching armchair for a second here.

This makes little sense on 2 counts.

Zeigler - Fit? No? Yes? Apparently ready but clearly not.

Muller - Babbel made comments about him being fit when he turned up and it was a case of integrating him into the team. At this stage it seems like a bit of a moot point since Grozos and Yeboah both struggle at 10. Yeboah has the first touch of an elephant. And well Grozos, we've heard lots and seen less than nothing here. Maybe Grozos can do a better job when he's lined up against the 2 wingers playing defensive midfield. Time for him to put his big boy pants on because once Muller is deemed ready and Sullivan is fit, he's disappearing off the team sheet all together based on his first few outings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any updates on Schwegler?

Less worried about Jurman, although he would have been the man to handle Berisha.

If we start with Schwegler and Muller at #10 = we win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

Any updates on Schwegler?

Less worried about Jurman, although he would have been the man to handle Berisha.

If we start with Schwegler and Muller at #10 = we win.

Read Taurus post above. 

"WE hear there’s an air of chirpiness at Wanderers HQ, where midfielder Pirmin Schwegler – described as the team’s conductor by teammates – has made an unexpectedly rapid recovery from a calf strain and is in line to face Western United on Saturday night.

Schwegler trained on Thursday and should travel south, though Mat Jurman is out."

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was hoping for more than a quote from the Telegraph. Albeit that it's positive.

Anyhow, fingers crossed for the boys in gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Taurus said:

Kindergarten nursey rhymes

EIw5pzmUwAAL2JA?format=jpg&name=medium

It's the new face of "Active Support" in the A League......you're **** aaaargh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Taurus said:

The German tells us the image is supposed to be an amalgamation of a lion to represent Bavaria, his home state in Germany, and the Wanderers’ crest, to show the similarities he sees between the two. Clearly Babbel had a lot of time to think about it on his way home to Germany at the end of last season.

 

 

Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber-Bavaria-Ger.jpg

 

2015-10-28+07.34.20.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BohemianDublin said:

Was hoping for more than a quote from the Telegraph. Albeit that it's positive.

Anyhow, fingers crossed for the boys in gold.

I can't add anymore than the DT have stated in the article.

@Jowel has also suggested that #PS19 trained well this morning.

Kamau's fitness is the only question atm. Jurman, Tarek & Sullivan are unlikely to return until after the bye.

MB isn't one to make changes on the run or take risks. I expect Patrick & Muller to get game time this week, but I doubt that either are in our starting 11.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marron said:

Rothenburg-ob-der-Tauber-Bavaria-Ger.jpg

 

2015-10-28+07.34.20.jpg

 

 

Different culture, similar mentality 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/11/2019 at 10:46 AM, Upthehill said:

A prominent Phoenix fan/Journo made a number of public accusations on their forum and on Twitter about mark Rudan. Including things like recruiting players for WU while both he and the players in question were under Phoenix contracts.

An anonymous twitter account, who happened to share the same last 3 digits of their phone number as Mark rudans official account, approached this fan and abused the **** out of him. This account revealed a number of very  specific details from Rudans contract. The message from this anon started with “LISTEN HERE **** FACE”

The same fan was also approached by Rudans wife on FB, asking him to be kinder to Rudan. Confirmed to be her official account. Far more likely it was Mark, and not the woman he allegedly attempted to cheat on with a Fox Sport presenter.

Would this woman in question happened to be a certain presenter for and NRL program?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SBW said:

Would this woman in question happened to be a certain presenter for and NRL program?

Nah, Sokkah before she signed for a commercial TV channel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Nah, Sokkah before she signed for a commercial TV channel

Smooth

Image result for mel mclaughlin chris gayle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...