Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 9/11/2019 7:30PM

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Im going to sit in my coaching armchair for a second here.

This makes little sense on 2 counts.

Zeigler - Fit? No? Yes? Apparently ready but clearly not.

Muller - Babbel made comments about him being fit when he turned up and it was a case of integrating him into the team. At this stage it seems like a bit of a moot point since Grozos and Yeboah both struggle at 10. Yeboah has the first touch of an elephant. And well Grozos, we've heard lots and seen less than nothing here. Maybe Grozos can do a better job when he's lined up against the 2 wingers playing defensive midfield. Time for him to put his big boy pants on because once Muller is deemed ready and Sullivan is fit, he's disappearing off the team sheet all together based on his first few outings

When interviewed after the Roar game, Patrick said he wasn't expecting to play any minutes last week. He won't be rushed back in until 100%.

Our front 3 were pedestrian last week. You can't expect an inexperienced #10 returning from an injury enforced layoff, to create all the movement & space & be spot on with his passing game, if our attack is static.  

Muller does add another element to our attack, but, if our front 3 don't create the space for him to work in, he'll struggle to be creative. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The news on Primin has really changed my outlook for this match, he makes such a difference. Throw in (1) Primin back unexpectedly (2) Grozos with his second start after long injury layoff (3) Tass slotting in for Jurman is a solid replacement (4) The boys & boss acknowledged that we weren’t good last week & expecting a reaction = a decent showing against Western United.

We cant afford to play like we did against Easts & Brisbane, but being an older team I’m expecting us to have a bit more time on the ball & having extended periods of possession to get us back where we were against Victory, hopefully play us back into form. We were very wasteful last week & sloppy, if we play like we did then I expect WU to win but am hoping for a reaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/11/2019 at 2:17 PM, SBW said:

Yeboah - Meier - Adam

Duke

Schweigs - Baccus

Wilmering - McGowan - Tass - Georgevski

Lopar

Subs: Ziegler, Grozos, Trew, Muller, Suman

So with Pirmin looking like he is fit,I still think we could see this line up tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

When interviewed after the Roar game, Patrick said he wasn't expecting to play any minutes last week. He won't be rushed back in until 100%.

Our front 3 were pedestrian last week. You can't expect an inexperienced #10 returning from an injury enforced layoff, to create all the movement & space & be spot on with his passing game, if our attack is static.  

Muller does add another element to our attack, but, if our front 3 don't create the space for him to work in, he'll struggle to be creative. 

I wasn’t expecting a world beater. But I certainly was expecting someone who could hit basic passes.

His performance could be pretty easily summed up by the last pass he made before he got hooked. It was about 4m behind Duke bursting into space.

Chalk it up to stage fright maybe. I seriously want this kid to succeed but none of the right signs have been showing in his first few performances

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was Kosta's AL starting debut?

I recall plenty of forumites bagging Sullivan after round 1, when the whole squad were poor.

The following week he improved significantly, as did the squad & the views being expressed became positive.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Taurus said:

It was Kosta's AL starting debut?

I recall plenty of forumites bagging Sullivan after round 1, when the whole squad were poor.

The following week he improved significantly, as did the squad & the views being expressed became positive.

 

It was his AL debut, but he’s featured in FFA cup games.

If he’s getting more game time, plenty of opportunities to improve then

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

It was Kosta's AL starting debut?

I recall plenty of forumites bagging Sullivan after round 1, when the whole squad were poor.

The following week he improved significantly, as did the squad & the views being expressed became positive.

 

This

Kosta is a 19 year old kid who’s missed a heap of footy, he’s not going to come in and dominate midfield straight away. 

By end of season he’ll be a star 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4am start on a cold Sydney morning for a first flight to Geelong for a colder day to pit our German machine against a refurbished Dad's Army. An RBB TOD against a new West team. How good is life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol from SMH:

“Meanwhile, Babbel admitted he was unsure if key midfielder Pirmin Schwegler (calf) would figure on Saturday night after suffering an injury in last week's scoreless draw with Brisbane Roar. The Swiss veteran's chances hinged on Friday's training session, which was closed to the media.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jowel said:

training session, which was closed to the media.”

Permanently closed to Bossi!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Airport is chaos this morning.

41 flights had been cancelled yesterday afternoon / evening (ours was one of them) when I checked at 4pm so wifey and I are just about to leave now.

Good luck if you're flying down later this arvo. See you at the pub 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Taurus said:

It was Kosta's AL starting debut?

I recall plenty of forumites bagging Sullivan after round 1, when the whole squad were poor.

The following week he improved significantly, as did the squad & the views being expressed became positive.

 

you see the boys train a bit Taurus so I have a question about grozos....

last week he was very static in that number 10 spot - very little movement either to receive ball deep, run past meier or out wide to find space - is this something that Babbel wants him to do or was he just not confident last week and a bit 'deer in the headlights'?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tarneit o35s/Fraudsters squad 

Western United FC Squad: 1.Filip KURTO (gk), 2.Aaron CALVER, 3.Brendan HAMILL, 4.Andrew DURANTE, 5.Dylan PIERIAS, 6.Connor CHAPMAN, 8.Panagiotis KONE, 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS, 10.Scott MCDONALD, 11.Connor PAIN, 12.Dario JERTEC, 13.Ivan VUJICA, 14.Max BURGESS, 15.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS, 8.Besart BERISHA, 19.Josh RISDON, 22.Ersan GULUM, 23.Alessandro DIAMANTI, 26.Kwabena APPIAH-KUBI

**replacement goalkeeper to be added. 2-3 players to be omitted**

Ins: 9.Apostolos STAMATELOPOULOS (return from injury), 15.Jonathan ASPROPOTAMITIS (promoted)

Outs: 20.James DELIANOV (GK) (knee – season)

Unavailable: 7.Valentino YUEL (ankle – 3 weeks), 25.Luke DUZEL (International Duty)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

you see the boys train a bit Taurus so I have a question about grozos....

last week he was very static in that number 10 spot - very little movement either to receive ball deep, run past meier or out wide to find space - is this something that Babbel wants him to do or was he just not confident last week and a bit 'deer in the headlights'?

Our front 4 were lethargic & were easily marshalled by the Roar defence

Kosta is a talent, he'll show his tekkers as he gets more opportunities. He's missed a lot of football in last 18 months & for the moment, he's best served being used as an impact player off the bench. 

He almost won us a penalty, which would have been the only way we were likely to score last week. 

Kosta entered the AL squad about the same time, maybe 6 months behind Keanu. He could have played 20+ games for us by now, had it not been for injuries. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Undefeated and we still haven’t put our foreign players together 3-0 to us tonight it’s going to happen they are shite 

also I’m out with family commitments so not in Geelong and not watching it in tv so given that it’s going to be 5-0 us

Edited by StringerBellend

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The longer the week goes on, the more likely it is that we may see all 5 visa players start tonight, or at least share the pitch together. 

When was the last time we started 5 foreigners? Zeiglers return when he reinjured?

Although Lorente was out of favour at that point. Might have been a whole season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Undefeated and we still haven’t put our foreign players together 3-0 to us tonight it’s going to happen they are shite 

also I’m out with family commitments so not in Geelong and not watching it in tv so given that it’s going to be 5-0 us

Who's gonna tell him?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FFA Cup QF vs City Sep 2018 we started Llorente, Ziggy, Roly, Bamujohann and Riera. 

We started 4 then bought on Llorente for Tarek against Adelaide in the A-League in Dec 2018.

AL Rd 10 vs City Jan 2019 we started Llorente, Ziggy, Roly, Bamujohann and Riera, so that appears to be the last time we started 5 foreigners. Ziggy played two more games before his injury, both had Llorente out of the squad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, mack said:

FFA Cup QF vs City Sep 2018 we started Llorente, Ziggy, Roly, Bamujohann and Riera. 

We started 4 then bought on Llorente for Tarek against Adelaide in the A-League in Dec 2018.

AL Rd 10 vs City Jan 2019 we started Llorente, Ziggy, Roly, Bamujohann and Riera, so that appears to be the last time we started 5 foreigners. Ziggy played two more games before his injury, both had Llorente out of the squad.

Do you know if all 5 played at any time when Foxe was in charge for 5 matches

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Do you know if all 5 played at any time when Foxe was in charge for 5 matches

3 of the 5 Foxe A-League games we started all 5 foreigners, the other 2 one of them came off the bench. Didn't check FFA Cup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, mack said:

3 of the 5 Foxe A-League games we started all 5 foreigners, the other 2 one of them came off the bench. Didn't check FFA Cup.

Pub discussion won, if only .....

No names, no pack drill!

(Btw andypk needs to lift his game)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Be positive you Mofos 

I'm trying to be and will be, but throwing a dart at a dart board with 20 different options would be just as likely to be as accurate as how we may perform tonight.

Anyway, I'm as excited and positive as I always am before a game. Let's just hope I don't resort to the passive aggression of throwing lounge pillows into orbit, or worse still, at the tv.

 

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...