Western Sydney Wanderers vs Melbourne City 22/11/2019 7:30PM

Very interested to see the line-up we send out in this one. Looking at the ins / outs, we are basically full strength even if some of the boys are slightly underdone.

I wouldn't be surprised if we go back to the 3-5-2 formation that worked in pre season before we lost Rado and added Meier.

Duke - Meier

Muller

Pirim - Baccus

DG -------------------------------------- Kamau
Jurman - Ziegler - McGowan

Lopar

Bench

- Yeboah / Adam as attacking options.
- Sullivan / Grozos in midfield.
- Wilmering / Tass at the back.

Expecting an improved showing tomorrow and wouldn't be surprised to see us win.

Heartle$$ ins/outs/unavailable

Ins: 1.Tom GLOVER (returns from international duty), 10.Florin BERENGUER (returns from injury), 21.Ramy NAJJARINE (returns from international duty), 39.Idrus ABDULAHI (promoted)

Outs: 36.Kerrin STOKES (omitted), 46.Joe Gauci (omitted)

Unavailable: 34.Connor METCALFE (hamstring), 40.Richard WINDBICHLER (hamstring)

I originally had the following unavailable: Jurman, Kamau, Sullivan (due to injuries), Baccus, Grozos and Massodoukoutas (due to international duties) so I predicted a 4-1-4-1 lineup on Monday. However, seeing that the in's and out's are announced, I've changed my prediction (and it's good to see the squad almost at full strength).

I feel that Babbel will go with a 5-3-2 formation just to make sure MacLaren doesn't get any opportunity to score at all. the less ball he has the better it'll be for the boys. 

I didn't see Jurman in the training video posted in the video today so I'll predict he ain't ready for this week (hopefully next week).

SO, Here's my predicted line up:

7gikkH4.png

Prediction: Wanderers 1-0
(that's if Beath the d*ckhead doesn't go whistle blowing crazy...)

From memory these have been pretty lively games with plenty of goals scored.

Noone is in good form and Jmac is scoring whenever his feet touch pitch.

The big difference from our last game game against them in the cup is mcGowan has hit form. And hopefully Kamau is back so DG can shift over to the left.

Still of the opinion Meier will struggle against the big unit Delbridge, who’s faster, fitter, in form and just as tall. And Brillante is getting back to his old self slowly, so you can count on him being pinned to either Meier or Muller depending on where Muller plays.

We’re going to need to score at least 2 to win I think

Need to step up tonight. It’s early days but I feel we need to put on a solid 90 minute performance, play them off the park and get the 3 points. Doubts starting to appear about our creativity and attacking threats. The squad has been together long enough now. Time to show it. No excuses 

On 20/11/2019 at 5:37 PM, Upthehill said:

He’s never had a great touch, he’s just dangerous when you move the ball fast. We have been completely devoid of that element since rd2. Even against Leeds, when we attacked it was rapid.

Having no #10 in the team is going to hurt him.

True but I have been saying this over the last games Yeboah is the clear target because we know what he can do at his best but Meier and Duke have also been quiet ineffective in attack due to our poor possession and lack of a number 10. 

Now I know alot of people here will say otherwise because hey 4 goals from Duke and all the hard work off the ball. Yes that's true he has 4 goals on times we have actually been able to get up the park and he tracks back and tries to make something happen. But the ineffectiveness of Meier, Yeboah and LIMITED effectiveness of Duke in attack stems from our midfield unable to push forward due to the lack of a number 10 that Babbel likes to play.

So I don't put all the blame on performance on Yeboah some of it stems from the team performance on the ball. 

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

True but I have been saying this over the last games Yeboah is the clear target because we know what he can do at his best but Meier and Duke have also been quiet ineffective in attack due to our poor possession and lack of a number 10. 

Now I know alot of people here will say otherwise because hey 4 goals from Duke and all the hard work off the ball. Yes that's true he has 4 goals on times we have actually been able to get up the park and he tracks back and tries to make something happen. But the ineffectiveness of Meier, Yeboah and LIMITED effectiveness of Duke in attack stems from our midfield unable to push forward due to the lack of a number 10 that Babbel likes to play.

So I don't put all the blame on performance on Yeboah some of it stems from the team performance on the ball. 

Agree on all points there.

Until Meier gets opportunities handed to him, he's going to continue to be ineffectual. Duke is at least helping to create opportunities.

Yeboah on the other hand hasn't shown to be effective anywhere on the park really. Compare that to Adam, he retains every ball that comes to him, wins most 50/50 balls, and wriggles through tackles. Adam seems to struggle a bit with the final pass and isn't really making the right runs. But he has the tool kit and will learn.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic