Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 30/11/2019 7:30PM

Jurman was in a instagram video with Duke in their training gear at Newcastle so I would assume he is right to play this weekend but might be safe to play him from the bench for this one.. The recent training videos didn't show Meier so I predicting he may sit this one out?

Got this gut feeling we could see our famous 4-2-3-1 line up for this one: Just put alot of pressure on their back 4.

m5eYyO4.png

Subs: Jurman, Massdoukoutas, Elrich, Sullivan, Russell, Adam, Suman

I'd be very surprised if they use Ridenton, Burns and Arroyo after coming back from international duty. 

Their key focus coming into this game is to keep possession much as possible throughout the game, It's what the team has lacking in (40% possession against City and 48% against Western United). they'll need at least 55-60%. If Kamau and Yeobah perform like they did last week and then Duke just add that magic touch in the front 3, the Jets back 4 are going to be in a rough night.

This is also the game that Babbel shouldn't be afraid to use 3 interchanges. There's 7 on the bench, use 3 of them for christ sake.

Anyway...can they do it on a hot summer's night in Newcastle...I think they can! 2 or more goals

On 28/11/2019 at 1:36 PM, SBW said:

Well if there is a worse ref than Beath, it's definitely Kurt Ams

At least Alex King won't do a KGJ and make **** calls

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I work with Kurt Ams, although I havent seen him since because he's in another department...I just thought he was plain old Kurt...I'm so very observant

55 minutes ago, Horus said:

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I work with Kurt Ams, although I havent seen him since because he's in another department...I just thought he was plain old Kurt...I'm so very observant

Next time he ref's one of our games make sure you sling he some money for a favourable result. I'm sure it goes on.

An extract from the book Sh*t towns of Australia.

Newcastle 

Founded as a dumping ground for Britain’s most dangerous convicts, Newcastle’s notoriety as a godforsaken sh*thole still lingers two centuries later. Named after Newcastle in England, New South Wales’ second-largest settlement has done its best to replicate its namesake’s reputation as a depressing post-industrial hellscape famous for its aggressive locals, impenetrable local dialect and crap football team. The city’s inmates pretentiously refer to themselves as “Novocastrians”, despite the fact that none of them can spell it.

Newcastle’s main industries are filling the atmosphere with toxic smog, pillaging the earth and complaining about people from Sydney. “The Steel City” is so fond of its working-class image that even its footy team wears hi-vis. The only things that emit more smoke than the stacks are the droves of deros lining the CBD accosting passers-by for a durry.

Despite its blue-collar reputation, Newcastle is propped up by a plethora of public service jobs, making it less of a “bogan Pittsburgh” and more of a “sooty Canberra”. Other Novocastrations include surfers (stoners), musos (junkies) and footy jocks (’roiders), all decked out in ‘Newcastle sports coats’ (jizz-stained flannelette shirts).

Newcastle is exceptionally proud of its NRL team the Knights, despite the fact that they haven’t made the finals since 2013 (or roughly six prime ministers ago). In addition to their impressive collection of wooden spoons, the club is most famous for almost going bust after being bought by a bogan billionaire, while their best player is mostly known for doing enough pingers to kill a whole wisdom of wombats.

Until recently Newcastle’s biggest attraction was a massive penis-shaped tower, which the council demolished out of sheer embarrassment in 2018. The city now has nothing to promote other than the rusted carcass of a port with a decrepit CBD welded on, rows of abandoned shops and the country’s biggest KFC. Hunter Street Mall and Marketown are popular bashing hot spots, while Fort Scratchley and Strzelecki Lookout are where most Novoc*mstains are conceived.

Town slogan: NSW’s Number Two!

Also known as: The Steel City, Newy, Poocastle, Spewcastle, Screwcastle,

NukedA***hole.

Most famous people: Silverchair, a sh*tty Nirvana cover band from the nineties.

5 minutes ago, matty said:

I thought so too at first (assume you're talking about Baccus?) but on seeing the replay, he slid through the back of Aroyo, could have easily done some real damage too. 

Oddly enough I had The opposite reaction, at first I thought it was a card then after the replay I thought the opposite, there just didn't seem to be much contact

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic