Newcastle Jets vs Western Sydney Wanderers 30/11/2019 7:30PM

The first half performance was bad. The second half was much better but unless you score it counts for nothing. The penalty could have changed the game but Aims was never going to give it......he hardly looked at the screen.

We can blame the ref,var, heat, luck, injuries, Jet"lag" etc.......it's time we stop the excuses....we are not good enough and we need to improve.

10 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Unfotunately we aren't good enough this season. No creativity.  No finisher at this level. Unles Meier is still not match fit then his best is behind him. Top six is what we can best expect.  Mentality my arse

Terrible refereeing again .But no excuse... with a decent finisher we would have had the game wrapped up mid second  half..jets were there for the taking.  Slipping down the table....

9 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

bozza said we deserved a point out of that, cant agree with him on that tbh

We were better in the first ten minutes then got dominated in the rest of the first half. We dominated them for most of the second half and they got us in the last ten minutes. Plus we should have had two penalties.

I can see where he’s coming from.

3 minutes ago, Davo said:

We were better in the first ten minutes then got dominated in the rest of the first half. We dominated them for most of the second half and they got us in the last ten minutes. Plus we should have had two penalties.

I can see where he’s coming from.

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I usually agree with Bozza's point of view, but I agree with you.

i agree with both of you a bit, but at the end of the day of we dont have Lopar we are 3-0 down in the first half

Babbel didnt swear

1 minute ago, mack said:

lol refs just tried to cover himself by saying it was only "incidental" contact on Yeboah and that the defender touched the ball. It's like they don't realise we've seen 10 different replays from Fox showing absolutely no contact on the ball.

TBH the VAR should've shown two angles - the front one which shows that the defender did not get a touch on the ball before Yeboah fell over and then the back angle which shows Yeboah fell because the defender hit Yeboah's trailing leg

Non-penalty call aside

We had our chances to beat them and they're was a lot of poor finishing from our attackers, especially from Duke.

Next week I'd start Sullivan over Muller and Elrich over Wilmering

Go back to a 4141, Muller left cutting in, Duke on the right, Meier up front, play Schwegler in behind Sullivan & Baccus in the middle. Just go back to basics, pick our best players in their best positions and go from there. Unless Grozos suddenly develops into Marco Reus or De Bruyne there's no point playing with any single attacking midfielder.

10 minutes ago, Generator said:

Carrying on the conversation about rock pools (because we’re all over the football by now)... The pool down at Merewether beach is fantastic. What I’d give to be able to go for a swim there every morning.

My thoughts are already turning to buffet breakfast tomorrow..

I think i might have seen Ed...but was not totally sure ...

5 minutes ago, mack said:

Go back to a 4141, Muller left cutting in, Duke on the right, Meier up front, play Schwegler in behind Sullivan & Baccus in the middle. Just go back to basics, pick our best players in their best positions and go from there. Unless Grozos suddenly develops into Marco Reus or De Bruyne there's no point playing with any single attacking midfielder.

Nope, let’s persist with this odd formation where all of our attackers play out of position.

Lets hope we make the finals this year, aye

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic