AFC Champions League 2020

Carns

Ange is coming to town with Yokohama F Marinos. Hope he smacks the Smurfs :P

Very curious how Aussie teams go, as we've been shite for years. Tony Sage will want to give it a real go. Both Glory and Victory have been average at home.

34 minutes ago, Carns said:

Ange is coming to town with Yokohama F Marinos. Hope he smacks the Smurfs :P

Very curious how Aussie teams go, as we've been shite for years. Tony Sage will want to give it a real go. Both Glory and Victory have been average at home.

I can see us continuing to be quite poor in Asia. We can't keep up in terms of player development and recruitment. Players like Oscar, Hulk Giovinco etc are far superior to all players in the A-League.

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I can see us continuing to be quite poor in Asia. We can't keep up in terms of player development and recruitment. Players like Oscar, Hulk Giovinco etc are far superior to all players in the A-League.

Agree, but it's always a good benchmark to where we really are at in Asia. Always enjoy watching us come up against the conference's best teams.

And I think we could generally perform a bit better if we play sensibly against the better teams. Not necessarily just parking the bus, but not expecting to play as you always can in the A-league and expect the same result.

• 2 weeks later...

A positive for us from the draw - the bogan derby game originally scheduled for 6pm on Sunday 19 April up in Gosford will now kick-off at the travel friendly time of 5pm on Saturday 18 April. I haven’t checked out why this change had to happen, but let’s not question the A-League when a sensible outcome is reached even if it’s in a roundabout way!

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/hyundai-a-league-westfield-w-league-fixture-changes-announced

• 1 month later...

So with the Coronavirus issue, Chinese teams cannot enter Australia.

So in the first group game both the Smurfs and the Violet Crumbles can't play their first opponents at home.

Emergency meeting called by the AFC to try and resolve the situation.

And the FFA is sending that Knight in Shining Armour Greg O'Rourke to save the day. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Victory should have been able to extend their lead a few times, but good result. I was unable to watch this through My football app but looks like our friends in Thailand were able to have the game on youtube live

My stream was in arabic......lol.......better than listening to Fox.....lol

Perth did alright but wow what a goal and came from nowhere as well. Also big thanks to Japanese and Korean friends for the commentary, I didn't understand anything from Fc Seoul-Victory game except when some bloke called Park Chu-Young was on the ball and commentators went nuts. Apparently he played for some club named Arsenal in England  :P.

Side note I did not like the Fc Seoul new jersey looks terrible from when we played them.

8 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Perth did alright but wow what a goal and came from nowhere as well. Also big thanks to Japanese and Korean friends for the commentary, I didn't understand anything from Fc Seoul-Victory game except when some bloke called Park Chu-Young was on the ball and commentators went nuts. Apparently he played for some club named Arsenal in England  :P.

Side note I did not like the Fc Seoul new jersey looks terrible from when we played them.

Perth did ok but never really looked like scoring 

I miss us being in ACL

Edited by StringerBellend
5 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Perth did ok but never really looked like scoring 

I miss us being in ACL

I agree I remember looking forward to Asian champions league over any game here because it provides a point of difference and different insight. I long for the day we play against Guangzhou again