AFC Champions League 2020

Carns

5 minutes ago, mack said:

Lol at Grant. The idiot stops the ball from rolling out for a Sydney corner, then puts in a woeful cross that lets Yokohama start a counter-attack that ends with a tap-in 2 yards out from goal.

Are you potting the supposed best Australian right-back?:rofl:

43 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Sorry Wendy.

Any other A-league team playing tonight, I would agree with you. I WOULD SUPPORT THEM TO THE HILT.

When it is ESFC, it's a LOL from me.

It's even funnier because of all the big talk before the game from the East side of this city.

:rofl:

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Nope...I get no joy from seeing any Aussie team being humiliated.

This is horrible.

Sorry Wendy have to disagree there (you're not doing wsw properly)

Esfc must never ever do well outside of oz - in any competition that is not skewed for them to win it.....

23 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Plus it just  gives the Eurosnobs more reason to scorn the A League.

Nope...I get no joy from seeing any Aussie team being humiliated.

This is horrible.

Its funny cause I both agree and disagree with this. It looks really bad for the league seeing the A-League Champions get demolished. It shows our league just doesn't really compare if our champions can't even be competitive. BUT I do absolutely love seeing Sydney get absolutely destroyed and see them whinging about stuff like the bloody salary cap :cheeky:. Their fans especially p*** me off so I love seeing them cry about it.

8 minutes ago, alexd said:

Sorry Wendy have to disagree there (you're not doing wsw properly)

Esfc must never ever do well outside of oz - in any competition that is not skewed for them to win it.....

+ plus I'm happy for AP. Brisbane used to play similar to YM but without so much technical skill.

Edited by alexd
3 minutes ago, Burgerman said:

I'm a bit disappointed they only scored 4,what's the worst a league losing acl margin? I think I remember we lost 4-1 once. 

We lost 6-1 to Urawa (I was there). Surely there would be other 5 goal or worse deficits? I'm thinking maybe CCM?

Edit: As mack said above...

The best A leugue team 10pts ahead in the middle of the season playing against the Champs from J league still in pre season.

They rested their best players after 60 minutes put their foot of the pedal and could have scored another 4.

As Bozza said they are on another planet.

10 minutes ago, Carns said:

We lost 6-1 to Urawa (I was there). Surely there would be other 5 goal or worse deficits? I'm thinking maybe CCM?

Edit: As mack said above...

I remember that game (I was there as well).

That year we didn't even make the top 6, we were bad all season and we all knew we would lose (still enjoyed the away experience). 

Sydney expected to win.....this must really hurt.

Just now, tardotz said:

I remember that game (I was there as well).

That year we didn't even make the top 6, we were bad all season and we all knew we would lose (still enjoyed the away experience). 

Sydney expected to win.....this must really hurt.

One of the best games I've ever attended. Singing "We can't hear Urawa sing" to thousands in the home end and their song after the final whistle were pretty special.

5 minutes ago, Carns said:

One of the best games I've ever attended. Singing "We can't hear Urawa sing" to thousands in the home end and their song after the final whistle were pretty special.

I would have to agree ......best experience at any football ground I've ever been to.

10 minutes ago, tardotz said:

I would have to agree ......best experience at any football ground I've ever been to.

A couple of mid week acl games at old parra was special with everyone singing and going off till the end of the game, but nothing beats watching the final at parra that morning. 

Hopefully when we get our shiz together i might have to go to Japan as i do remember you lucky ones who did the tours and was jealous. 

The Smurfs are as delusional as ever. They sit atop a league in crisis, the quality of which falls year on year along with the interest and yet in their minds they are on another level. I guess they are by A league standards..but what does that really say at the moment.

A good dose of reality is what they needed badly. A few more doses wont hurt them.

Edited by Smoggy
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

I’d love to say that I’m disappointed for Australian football.. 

But I’m not that good a person, it’s ace shame it wasn’t more goals 

I'd say that a lot of people feel the same and I don't think it's about being malicious. Personally, I feel that football in this country needs to be dismantled and rebuilt from grassroots up to the national team. 

We need a Iacocca type figure to rebuild it and frankly I don't think there's one available. 

The a league had the opportunity to springboard from our ACL victory, but they squandered the opportunity because they where blinded by their loyalty to favoured clubs. 

Ok perspective Yokohama F Marinos and Fc Tokyo are the two best J-league sides by some margin and our two current best A-league  sides went up against them. Smurf Fc choke as they always do at ACL because they think they can go up against a far superior team, Yokohama F Marinos is currently one of the better teams in Asia and Smurfs go all gun hoe of course your gonna get hammered it was training for Yokohama it was hilarious.

But saying the league is crap is incorrect and can't compete is the easy way out. Popa won the blady thing with Golec and Mullen on the team and he proved again with Perth against Fc Tokyo that if you set your team right you can get a result. Ok they were unlucky from that wander goal but they were competitive another day they come away with a point from country just about every A-league club struggles against and that is Japan.

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ok perspective Yokohama F Marinos and Fc Tokyo are the two best J-league sides by some margin and our two current best A-league  sides went up against them. Smurf Fc choke as they always do at ACL because they think they can go up against a far superior team, Yokohama F Marinos is currently one of the better teams in Asia and Smurfs go all gun hoe of course your gonna get hammered it was training for Yokohama it was hilarious.

But saying the league is crap is incorrect and can't compete is the easy way out. Popa won the blady thing with Golec and Mullen on the team and he proved again with Perth against Fc Tokyo that if you set your team right you can get a result. Ok they were unlucky from that wander goal but they were competitive another day they come away with a point from country just about every A-league club struggles against and that is Japan.

I also agree with this to an extent. When teams are buying players such as Hulk, Oscar, Giovinco who are top, top players its going to be pretty hard to beat teams with such individual brilliance as well as other technically brilliant players. You also have to consider these J-League teams are in bloody pre-season and they are doing that to our Australian champions.

I think that the clubs can be competitive but certainly won't ever get anywhere near latter rounds of the knockout stages.