mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread

Babbel Sackwatch Thread  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Babbel Out?

• Yes, sack Babbel.
    • No, keep Babbel.

#BabbelOut..........(with a sad heart I have to admit :sorry:).

#byebyebabs

Ive heard very little positive from the man. He trashed players last season for not being good enough. He went and recruited himself a little bundesliga outfit and has just been Di/caked 5 times on the trot.

Toodles. And take JT with you.

I went looking for the other Babbel thread and thankfully came across this one first...

I’m still Babbel in, if just because I don’t like the idea of changing coach mid-season in a league where it isn’t exactly easy to refresh players mid-season.

I was going to say more but I just realised I don’t really know what to say. I kind of don’t care all that much anymore.

11 minutes ago, Generator said:

I went looking for the other Babbel thread and thankfully came across this one first...

I’m still Babbel in, if just because I don’t like the idea of changing coach mid-season in a league where it isn’t exactly easy to refresh players mid-season.

I was going to say more but I just realised I don’t really know what to say. I kind of don’t care all that much anymore.

If they were to sack him, do it now.. Next week is when we sign/discuss players for next season. 

7 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

I thought it read the Babbel sackwack thread. 

I feel like Babbel has punched me in the nuts after every game.

Sadly I don't see him turning it round, this season, does anybody?

If club don't think he will turn it round, then no value in waiting, get on with it, and give new person a chance

4 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

I thought it read the Babbel sackwack thread. 

#JoelGriffithsIn

3 minutes ago, wanderersfanatic said:

If they were to sack him, do it now.. Next week is when we sign/discuss players for next season. 

If the board are considering a sacking there's only really two options to consider.

Do they wait until we have what is arguably an "easy" home game on January 1st against the Roar (and give Babbel two tough games to turn it around)?

Or look at these last 6 games (plus the close nature of our 3 wins) and think what good is waiting for what seems to be an inevitable loss against high flying Western United on Friday.

Doing it tomorrow morning gives the new coach 5 days to prepare for WU and two weeks to prepare for the opening of the transfer & next season signing window. So far the only player off contract I'd seriously want to re-sign immediately is Lopar. Sullivan probably deserves an extension as long as it's not too exorbitant and Duke I wouldn't want to lose. The rest have been terrible (Meier) or mediocre (Kamau, Jurman, Tass), or getting too old/hurt (Tarek, Pirmin, Majewski).

Pull the trigger tomorrow morning or wait until the new year. That's the options.

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I feel like Babbel has punched me in the nuts after every game.

....then trashes you in the presser for not wearing a protector.....:D

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Sadly I don't see him turning it round, this season, does anybody?

If club don't think he will turn it round, then no value in waiting, get on with it, and give new person a chance

Not at all, if we see glimpses, then yes but I see no positivity whatsoever. 

Wanted him to work out, but can't see it happening. 5 losses in a row now and he hasn't presented any form of solution that indicates we'll be improving soon

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Wanted him to work out, but can't see it happening. 5 losses in a row now and he hasn't presented any form of solution that indicates we'll be improving soon

Even from our first game, we've been outplayed and out-possessed, if it weren't for Lopar, we would still be winless. 

It's been over 1/3 of the season, we're regressing rather than improving. 

24 minutes ago, Generator said:

What’s the point of holding onto a coach who’s own players allegedly had to tell him to start getting involved in actually coaching the team.

People might not like the idea but Muscat has a considerable win ratio in this league. If not muscat, then find someone else fast. No point in keeping a bloke who’s biggest achievement in the league is managing to insult the establishment 3 times before he finally got fined.

19 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

What’s the point of holding onto a coach who’s own players allegedly had to tell him to start getting involved in actually coaching the team.

People might not like the idea but Muscat has a considerable win ratio in this league. If not muscat, then find someone else fast. No point in keeping a bloke who’s biggest achievement in the league is managing to insult the establishment 3 times before he finally got fined.

I think it's quite likely his greatest achievement is going to end up being preventing a Smurf invincible season. Hard to see them drawing most of their games let alone losing. Although if they keep going this way they'll be so far ahead they'll be able to rest their entire squad once or twice before the end of the season and could put out a youth team that loses.

1 minute ago, mack said:

I think it's quite likely his greatest achievement is going to end up being preventing a Smurf invincible season. Hard to see them drawing most of their games let alone losing. Although if they keep going this way they'll be so far ahead they'll be able to rest their entire squad once or twice before the end of the season and could put out a youth team that loses.

Popa was at helm when we ended Smurfs invincible season. 

A-League Stats

Gombau: 22 played - 32% win rate, 23% draw rate, 45% loss rate. GD -10. (note he was better at Adelaide and significantly better in the second season before his fallout with management saw him leave).

Babbel: 36 played - 33% win rate, 11% draw rate. 55% loss rate.

Babbel S1 ratio per 9 games - 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses.

Babbel S2 ratio after 9 games - 3 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses.

There's been almost no improvement.

Just now, wanderersfanatic said:

Popa was at helm when we ended Smurfs invincible season. 

WSW is the only team so far to beat them this season. I'm not trying to be nasty when I say that Popa walked out on the club and with it his time with us is over and is now consigned to history. His recruitment in the last year was terrible....Borda,Jumpei,Pinatares, Cejudo....all failures the club had to get rid of.etc Time to move forward. Whether Babel is the person to do it...? Results say no.

27 minutes ago, sonar said:

WSW is the only team so far to beat them this season.

Yeah that's what I meant, that SFC are going to get damn close to winning every game but we killed an unbeaten season already.

Last year I thought it was clear, players weren’t good enough not sure that’s the case this season. We are a shadow of the side who were resilient and beat the smurfs. There is little impetus in terms of attacking threat and looking increasingly likely babbel tenure is almost at an end.

i would give him one last game at home and suspect the owners and JT will as well. Perform Friday or your gone I think will be the message. Time for a Braveheart speech 

3 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

i would give him one last game at home and suspect the owners and JT will as well. Perform Friday or your gone I think will be the message. 

I think this is what will happen. Loose and he's gone.

2 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

I think this is what will happen. Loose and he's gone.

I think that’s what will happen but it shouldn’t. We are 10 games in to his second season, what is one more game going to tell us that we don’t know.

I really wanted it to work, but it isn’t, get KM on a contract until the end of the season 

I’m not a big KM fan but he’s the best chance we have of a short term turn around 

club can’t do a 3rd season out of the the finals 

Edited by StringerBellend

I'm still on the fence with this one, I am sure Lederer is talking to potential suitors behind the scenes but hasn't got his man which is probably why Babbel hasn't been sacked yet.

I am not sure if Muscat wants another job in the A-League, he pretty much achieved everything possible, seen what Ange has achieved overseas, he would want to take the next step in his coaching career away from Australia.

But if Babbel does get the sack, does that mean JP will take over?

10 hours ago, mack said:

A-League Stats

Gombau: 22 played - 32% win rate, 23% draw rate, 45% loss rate. GD -10. (note he was better at Adelaide and significantly better in the second season before his fallout with management saw him leave).

Babbel: 36 played - 33% win rate, 11% draw rate. 55% loss rate.

Babbel S1 ratio per 9 games - 2 wins, 2 draws, 5 losses.

Babbel S2 ratio after 9 games - 3 wins, 1 draw, 5 losses.

There's been almost no improvement.

Three seasons of this ****

I hate to say it but he's gotta go. 

The proof is in the pudding. Players are going downhill, players are frustrated, the team won't click. Winning the next game doesn't make him a good coach that should stay, It'll just prolong the agony. 

Its clear, he's not good enough, at least not at this club, in this setup or with this staff. Whatever the problem is, realistically speaking, he's going to be the fall guy, so time to let him go. 

😕

Get rid of Babbel now.

Some of the players just look like they don't give a stuff, and I don't see that improving with Babbel running the show.

Let's go back to a local coach who is tough as nails, who can command the team, and really give them a kick up the arse when needed.

Popa was good at this, someone like a Mark Rudan type comes to mind.

JPdM can be interim until we get someone else, maybe Kevin Muscat, but the replacement has got to be a hard taskmaster this time!

The coach has got a get up yell at the team once and a while, instead of sitting on his arse during games. At least do it for us so it looks like you give a stuff...

Edited by hoops