mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread

Babbel Sackwatch Thread  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Babbel Out?

• Yes, sack Babbel.
    • No, keep Babbel.

16 hours ago, scarcev said:

Who is the alternative?  replace him with whom?  Babbell has brought in Lopar, Muller, Schwiegler as well as a few duds, do you think they will play any better under a different manager?  If Babbel is shafted we will have another rebuild and waste another season and a half.

I agree. At this stage anyway. I think we need to stick with him, unless we have a clear and guaranteed better replacement lined up

The rebirth of Dino in his 1st coaching gig! Can't be any worse. And at least we know he'll run all day. Oh, hang on, wait.....

Given the fact he won doesn’t the clock reset itself now he’s entitled to another 5 games at least 😁

I want him to stay now because I reckon one more call like Friday night he will unleash violence 

id like to see a market on whether Beath cops a 

- cantona flying kick

- Zidane heatbutt 

- some WWF move 

Will be surprised if he's not gone by the next match... Honestly, this is likely the best time to do it with the Jan window opening and still with a chance to make the top 6. Just not sure who we'd look at getting and if it can happen quickly enough. I'd opt for someone local if possible that actually understands the league.

I’m back on #babbelout after last night (yes I’m fickle) nothing about last night suggests he can turn it round. beaten at home by bottom team, 2nd half was an omnishambles 

Let’s face it he won’t make the finals, and therefore not be here next year, so might as well get it over and done with, otherwise we waste another 6 months 

#crittendenin 

3 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’m back on #babbelout after last night (yes I’m fickle) nothing about last night suggests he can turn it round. beaten at home by bottom team, 2nd half was an omnishambles 

Let’s face it he won’t make the finals, and therefore not be here next year, so might as well get it over and done with, otherwise we waste another 6 months 

#crittendenin 

I watched the first half last night, and the whole team is truly static. Balls are passed to stationary players rather than to space, and the pace at which passes are taken mean that on 90% of occasions the marker is on top of the receiver before the ball gets there. In contrast, or defensive pressure on opponents is non-existent - it seems like their receivers have yards of space and heaps of time.

Coaching has a lot to do with it - there's no plan and no confidence.

I was a fanboy at the start, but I'm team Babbel out now. Staunch the bleeding.

2 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

I watched the first half last night, and the whole team is truly static. Balls are passed to stationary players rather than to space, and the pace at which passes are taken mean that on 90% of occasions the marker is on top of the receiver before the ball gets there. In contrast, or defensive pressure on opponents is non-existent - it seems like their receivers have yards of space and heaps of time.

I was saying exactly this to my sisters while the game was on.

(PS: I feel a bit sad for our supporters on the forum who don't want to be part of it anymore but I can understand why.)

24 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

15 minutes ago, sonar said:

I was saying exactly this to my sisters while the game was on.

(PS: I feel a bit sad for our supporters on the forum who don't want to be part of it anymore but I can understand why.)

It's even worse than that. One incident last night, we are attacking, near the penalty area, our player with the ball moving diagonally left, 2 players available to play in behind, the pass is made and both of the potential receivers run back towards our goal! I said one incident but it's just one example.

If Babbel is to go I would like to see someone new to the A League given a chance, someone who's had success at NPL level for example.

People like Arthur Pappas, Ben Cahn and Damien Zane instead of the same old faces being recycled.

1 hour ago, papersun said:

If Babbel is to go I would like to see someone new to the A League given a chance, someone who's had success at NPL level for example.

People like Arthur Pappas, Ben Cahn and Damien Zane instead of the same old faces being recycled.

Arthur Pappas would be my long shot replacement

32 minutes ago, Frankos187 said:

Arthur Pappas would be my long shot replacement

With Pappas you get tactical nous.  

Might as well give Babbel the rest of the season, his recruitment was quality just has to get the team playing right but the club has had this issue for a while now before Babbel. What was disappointing is Roar did the same thing they did a few months ago and it worked again Babbel didn't learn from it.

If at the start of the season we said that our 2020 squad will have 4 experienced Bundesliga players, one a former Bundesliga top goal scorer, Best GK in the league, a mix of Socceroos and ex Socceroos and one of the best talent factories in the league, you would assume we would be challenging for honours.

while Babbel may have recruited some of these players, we have a shown signs of very minimal progress. 

He’s time is up. 

There's 'wild speculation' linking us with a move at Graham Arnold, if he's interested in returning to club management, per a Daily Telegraph article.

Smithies alert:

WANDERERS coach Markus Babbel looked shell-shocked after his side’s loss to Brisbane, and a sense of being stuck in a holding pattern is now gripping the club.

Owner Paul Lederer is in the US, but even when he returns there are no obvious candidates on the ground in Australia to make an immediate impact should Babbel be relieved of his duties.

With Kevin Muscat about to sign a contract with Belgian side Sint-Truiden, even wild speculation about trying to tempt Socceroos coach Graham Arnold back into club management is on hold with Arnold overseas preparing for the Olyroos Tokyo qualifiers this month.

Though the club is believed to have rejected an offer for Keanu Baccus from AGF Arrhaus, the fact that an official from the Danish side was spotted at training in recent days to watch Baccus has further unsettled the players.

The one bright spot for the Wanderers is the performance of the W-League team, top of the ladder and unbeaten all season.

The impact of their four US imports has made a splash back in the US, noted by the Washington Post, and now Dean Heffernan’s side has been asked to take on China this weekend in a friendly.

Lest anyone accuse the Wanderers of helping one of the Matildas’ opponents at next month’s Olympic qualifiers, we hear the (tongue in cheek) intention is more to try to leave a dent in the China squad’s confidence.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mack said:

wild speculation about trying to tempt Socceroos coach Graham Arnold back into club management

:arniesalt:

Can you imagine? Lederer might as well sell the club, the fans would never forgive him.

Edited by btron3000

Posted (edited)

Bring in Arnie and nailed on GF win within 2 years. I would move on from hating Arnie very quickly.

Not that he would come or that we would go after him.

Edited by Smoggy

Shut up. :)

He didn't have to do much. The drumming rhythms were pretty simple.

In saying that, he was no Keith Moon or Carl Palmer. 

On 24/12/2019 at 8:40 AM, hughsey said:

At the end of the day you can’t argue with Kevvy’s record as Vuck manager. It’s impressive. As is quickly becoming Steve Corrica’s too.

For me though, both these guys have me on the fence about their raw managerial ability.

Would they be where they were/are had it not been for Ange and Arnie laying foundations before them? 

Gotta wonder then if Hayden Foxe may have been able to develop similarly if given the chance.

13 minutes ago, mack said:

Arnie coming to WSW would unleash the greatest banter era in Australian sporting history.

i almost want it to happen just to annoy sydney fc fans but then we would have to have the most grumpy bastard as our coach........and that would suck

plus no more penis tifo's

20 hours ago, mack said:

wild speculation about trying to tempt Socceroos coach Graham Arnold back into club management

Fake news. Designed to do nothing but kick us whilst we are down, and anger what remains of our supporters.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

Shut up. :)

He didn't have to do much. The drumming rhythms were pretty simple.

In saying that, he was no Keith Moon or Carl Palmer. 

Was good in Thomas the Tank Engine though