mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread

Babbel Sackwatch Thread  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Babbel Out?

• Yes, sack Babbel.
    • No, keep Babbel.

9 hours ago, sonar said:

My point of view is that Babbel was hired as the head honcho....he's getting the big bucks.........so he calls the shots....no one else. He can take advice or differing points of view ftom the coaching staff but in the end he is the ringmaster. Time for him to take total control of the circus. What he wants and says goes.  

I hate all this undermining bullshit. .. It's a path to nowhere in a hurry. I thought all this was behind us. 

COYW.....:wanderturtle:

If this is the case, then sack him now. He should of taken control from the very start and not let it get to this stage. He's obviously not the strong personality boss we need.

2 hours ago, Pup55 said:

I don't know how many more times I can say it, but we haven't looked good since we change the formation at the back end of pre-season and went to 4 at the back. For the entire off -eason / pre-season, we worked with 3 at the back and the wing-backs providing the width and that formation was working for us. DG and Kamau were providing that width and bombing forward, getting into attacking positions and creating chances. We were moving the ball quickly and attacking in numbers, Schwegler was screening the backline and Raddy starting to pull the strings in behind the strikers.

Kamau got injured, Raddy got injured, and we signed Meier and Muller who didn't really fit the formation that we were working towards and we changed it to try and accommodate them.

The end result, we have a team who doesn't know what they're supposed to be doing and a formation that is creating no chances.

Go back to Plan A.

Play a combo of Jurman / Ziegler / McGowan / Tass in the 3 centre back positions, with DG and Kamau on the flanks bombing forward.

Have Schwegler screen the back 3 and let Baccus or Sullivan do all the running next to him.

IT IS WHAT WORKED SO WELL IN PRE-SEASON.

Muller was signed to replace Raddy and he has started to find his feet in the last few games so give him the keys like we were going to give Raddy, and let him pull the stringers in behind Meier and Duke and work with the over-lapping wing backs.

Meier - Duke

Muller

Schwegler - Baccus
Danny G ----------------------------------- Kamau
Jurman --- Tass --- Ziegler

Lopar

And you know the other benefit of going back to what works? We've got the likes of Yeboah, Adam and Sullivan on the bench who can come on and influence a game with their pace.

JP out.
Pup in.

The problem with going back to plan A is most of our more recent big name signings don't really suit it. Muller is not a number 10. Jurman not very suited to 3 at the back. Meier can work but im afraid Meier AND Duke together would not. But if you are going to make it work we need to play 3 actual midfielders and not Muller. Muller should be up front playing off the shoulders of defenders. 

Otherwise my personal preference is to play the formation where we played our best football to date and with the 4-1-2-3. Ditch the attacking midfielder role. Schwegler works best on his own, Baccus works best higher up the field, Sullivan is the glue that binds. 

Play Muller out wide, Meier up top. Play Georgevski at his favoured Left back. Just play our players to get the most out of them! That has been my biggest gripe with Babbel, or the coaching staff, that with a new crop of players we are still squeezing square pegs into round holes.

So it's running about 50-50.Tbh I voted out but would not be upset if he stayed. The internal troubles if true are disturbing though and throws some light on what most here didn't know and possible reasons for the shyte on the pitch. I hope it gets sorted asap.

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

So it's running about 50-50.Tbh I voted out but would not be upset if he stayed. The internal troubles if true are disturbing though and throws some light on what most here didn't know and possible reasons for the shyte on the pitch. I hope it gets sorted asap.

Immediately after every loss i admittedly want him out. But i would just prefer he try actually make it work with the right changes before so. But we need to remember It's the a-league, change our form and our season lights back up again. It's just whether we let Babbel do it or take a risk.

If there is any truth in Jean-Paul deMarigny undermining Babbel that is bad enough but it sounds like he undermining the whole club philosophy with his treatment of Youth players.

John Tsatsimas as the CEO of WSW (business) needs to fix this quick or fall on his sword. 

As I have said frequently this club is no longer a (if it ever was) powerhouse club intent on winning trophies

We need new direction !!!

our history says we are mainly mid table or worse 4 times in top 6 and 4 times out if you include current season last 4 seasons 3 out 1 in top 6 last 3 seasons all out of top 6 including current season with no light at the end of the tunnel. Since July 2014 we have finished 2nd, 6th, 7th, 8th, and currently 7th ,we as a club have been in decline since Lederer and crew took over. 

There is no future for the club other than to be a mid table team with declining membership ,declining crowds and the slide down the table unless change in leadership happens. The smell is getting stronger , read the newspapers and those that criticise this post will only be burying their head in the sand

2012  Premiers

2013  2nd

2014  9th won AFC this year 

July 14 New owners JT to CEO

2015  2nd

2016  6th

2017 7th

2019 8th

2020 currently 7th 

3 hours ago, WHACKO said:

If this is the case, then sack him now. He should of taken control from the very start and not let it get to this stage. He's obviously not the strong personality boss we need.

This is what made managers like Clough and Fergie the greats they were isn't it. Can you imagine someone trying to undermine Cloughie at Forest...I love his quote when asked "Tell me Brian, what do you do if someone disagrees with you", "well, we sit down and talk it through, I say my bit and they say theirs and then we both come to the conclusion I was right", can't all be as great as ol big head but that is the kind of attitude you need as a manager. Babbel must be a bit of a soft cock to get undermined in the way that has been mentioned, what he says as gaffer should go, for players and staff. But then the training situation seems toxic also, again for Babbel to nip in the bud isn't it.

If any of the above is true, then JP out and MB and Haliti to lead us to the title.

Why someone like Adam has not been given any significant minutes for over a month (where we've lost all games) is astounding. Babbel praised the youth all last season and in preseason. Now they are all dropped for some reason. We need an explanation.

1 minute ago, Erebus said:

If any of the above is true, then JP out and MB and Haliti to lead us to the title.

Why someone like Adam has not been given any significant minutes for over a month (where we've lost all games) is astounding. Babbel praised the youth all last season and in preseason. Now they are all dropped for some reason. We need an explanation.

if it’s true the bit I don’t get is ultimately MB is the manager if he doesn’t agree with JP then he tells him to shut up and get back to put the training cones out and hold his clip board 

Clubs that sack managers every 12-18 months achieve little more than a sugar hit of temporary optimism every time they employ a new one. Stability from the top down is the number one trait of every champion side and that takes time to establish. Keep in mind that Arnie's second season at Sydney was a complete flop and they finished 7th... The rest is history.

I'd rather give MB another 12 months than sitting in yet another lifeless holding pattern of caretaker/new manager mode while we wait for time to pass so the unwanted players can be removed from the cap. Is that what people really want more of? Because that's what will happen.

Is Kevin Muscat even aware of this rumour about him being a replacement? As far as I have seen it's come from nothing more than a simple observation made by someone on this forum that he is currently unemployed...

For me the big questions needs to be asked around the strength and conditioning of the players. Imo we haven't looked anywhere near as fit and conditioned as we were while Adam Waterson was around and that makes a huge difference.

Its really a conspiracy!  JP managed to get his way into WSW with the longer term aim of getting Muscat the gig as Manager.  They schemed together when JP was at Vuck and they plotted and hatched the plan and JP will be thinking it is all in the bag.  JP or someone has loaded the bullets and Bossi fired the gun - it's all happening!

You know its true!

Whether this is true or not MB needs to step up and get rid of JP. If hes not up for that then he (MB) should go. I want MB to stay, but he needs to man up and say see youse later to JP, Thats whats needed rightly or wrongly.

If it goes on much longer it will properly destroy the season

Re the did JP get chosen by Babbel or not..... Pretty sure JT is on record in an interview saying words to the effect of "Marcus said he didn't have an assistant in mind so I said I have a good one for you!"
JT chose JP for MB it wasn't a decision by MB or PL. I know not of any conspiracy instigated by KM and JP in collaboration with JT at the expense of MB or if JT or JP are indeed down with OPP. 

11 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

JT and MB

MB and JP

JP and JT

**** me

this is confusing :unknw:

Especially when the decision is down to PL who is influenced by articles from DB from SMH and TS from DT and now FS have chimed in on JT and his WA of MB in favour of KM and JT to hoodwink PL and the RBB

31 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Especially when the decision is down to PL who is influenced by articles from DB from SMH and TS from DT and now FS have chimed in on JT and his WA of MB in favour of KM and JT to hoodwink PL and the RBB

:lol::lol:

:good:

2 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Re the did JP get chosen by Babbel or not..... Pretty sure JT is on record in an interview saying words to the effect of "Marcus said he didn't have an assistant in mind so I said I have a good one for you!"
JT chose JP for MB it wasn't a decision by MB or PL. I know not of any conspiracy instigated by KM and JP in collaboration with JT at the expense of MB or if JT or JP are indeed down with OPP. 

1 hour ago, pseudonym said:

JT and MB

MB and JP

JP and JT

**** me

this is confusing :unknw:

It's as simple as ABC

Jp runs the training sessions 🤔

Babbel changes everything come game day 🤦‍♂️

Fmd who's undermining who

BABBELOUT

JTOUT

LEDEREROUT 

the whole lot of them OUT 

Empty promises 

New stadium fixed everything 

17 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

It's as simple as ABC

And by ABC I mean. A story by Bossi (a smurf) being told a story by a source being Alexander Baumjohann former Wanderer now Smurf.

Therefore simple as AB see.

Edited by WHACKO

8 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

And by ABC I mean. A story by Bossi (a smurf) being told a story by a source being Alexander Baumjohann former Wanderer now Smurf.

Therefore simple AB see.

I  assume this is a joke....but I always struggle with comments here about media figures' biases for or against teams (specifically against WSW).

Plainly I know little, but Bossi can't just fabricate nonsense, and remain credible in football circles (although his credibility here on the forumsis permanently low).

Doesnt make sense to me.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

I  assume this is a joke....but I always struggle with comments here about media figures' biases for or against teams (specifically against WSW).

Plainly I know little, but Bossi can't just fabricate nonsense, and remain credible in football circles (although his credibility here on the forumsis permanently low).

Doesnt make sense to me.

Joke Wendy...   With some conspiracy theory thrown in.

5 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Doesnt make sense to me.

I don't know about that. News Ltd has been making crap up for decades and people still believe what they say.....:ninja:

:P :D

1 minute ago, WHACKO said:

Joke Wendy...   With some conspiracy theory thrown in.

Yes...that's what I assumed.

But I still don't get the "media is against us" line, so common here (not from you WHACKO).