Babbel Sackwatch Thread

Babbel Sackwatch Thread  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Babbel Out?

• Yes, sack Babbel.
    • No, keep Babbel.

17 hours ago, Carns said:

It has been a while since you've been around these parts!

We can only hope your boys return to the good old Crook/Farina years! :P

its only a matter of time..... ebs and flows. 

enjoy it while its good and try to enjoy it when its not so much.

watching my 7 year old get a photo being cuddled by ninko at the (lets face it pretty **** match) you could not wipe the smile of his face

this to me means everything.........

otherwise what is the point?

bossi needs to sell ad space...... but where there is smoke there is fire.

Edited by hatty
33 minutes ago, hatty said:

its only a matter of time..... ebs and flows. 

enjoy it while its good and try to enjoy it when its not so much.

watching my 7 year old get a photo being cuddled by ninko at the (lets face it pretty **** match) you could not wipe the smile of his face

this to me means everything.........

otherwise what is the point?

bossi needs to sell ad space...... but where there is smoke there is fire.

Good to see you back around here..you should hang around and post more...bit of banter always good to have

That Bossi Article about De Marigny doesn't really make sense to me. My understanding Gombau was fired because of his lack of attention to youth and the academy. If JP was being overly aggressive as the article suggests he would have been fired long ago. For me its just unsatisfied players and key word is that they are "Former" Wanderers players we kicked everyone who was dead weight from last season and who didn't want to be here, Majok was the only one that left after the club actively tried to re-sign him so I don't take any quotes they say as truth and more as complaints because things weren't going well at the club and individually for these players. I take the article with a grain of salt.

On field the team does indeed look confused we have not been able to fashion a decent chance in attack hell if Meier was at the Smurfs he would have 9 goals already I would say the same for Yeboah and Duke probably have more goals as well. I mean that is the crux of the problem at the moment we haven't been able to do anything genuine in our attacks and are out of ideas how to open up defenses and fashion chances for our strikers. We are not getting the best in our current team and that for me is complaint that goes straight to all the coaching staff because they have everything they could want and are still failing to get the best out of our players.

9 hours ago, hatty said:

cheers smoggy.......

been too busy ranting and raving on political forums.

the clouds will lift....... i just hope not too much haha

Well...we've got one of those too - which needs more participants.

Very tame these days. 

Half-Bossi Alert

https://amp.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/a-league-s-worst-teams-to-play-off-for-spot-in-ffa-cup-20191219-p53lmd.html?__twitter_impression=true

Babbel back in FFA's bad books

Markus Babbel is, if nothing else, a man of his word. The under-siege Western Sydney Wanderers coach couldn't guarantee that he wouldn't swear in another press conference.

Now his latest dosage of unfiltered language has put him in the crosshairs of FFA's integrity panel for the third time in a month.\

Babbel swore multiple times in his media call on Wednesday morning as he launched a passionate attack on this newspaper's reports of internal unrest at the A-League club.

Sources from within FFA have confirmed to The Hairdryer that Babbel's tirade is being reviewed by the integrity panel for a possible breach of the national code of conduct, which he has fallen foul of twice recently. The German was fined $3000 last week for attacking the integrity of referees.

------

FFA are more interesting by investigating swearing in a press conference than they are about one of their board members trying to destroy Stajcic's career through a media whisper campaign.

12 hours ago, MeurantsLane said:

It's not a smurf lapdog journalist that has caused two seasons of mediocrity.

Once the players don't want to play for you anymore then it's all over. 

I don't work to please my boss. I do so to pay the rent. Why are footballers in a different category. It's not like they're playing Rugby League and have to actually tackle someone and get proper hurt. 

1 hour ago, mack said:

FFA are more interesting by investigating swearing in a press conference than they are about one of their board members trying to destroy Stajcic's career through a media whisper campaign.

David Gallop showed at Spotless last season and when a bunch of us moved from Active to 2 meters away he stood and copped everything we gave him for a good 5 minutes until I mentioned Stajcic and how the tenure of a national coach was a private FFA matter. He beat a hasty retreat then. Babbel should swear in German. I swear in Greek and it helps heaps. 

Edited by DamnedUnited

Interesting response from Duke as well!

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/wanderers-squad-shocked-by-vendetta-against-coaches-claims-duke

Wanderers squad shocked by vendetta against coaches, claims Duke.

Wanderers squad shocked by vendetta against coaches, claims Duke

Western Sydney Wanderers skipper Mitch Duke claims “the vendetta” being played out against head coach Markus Babbel and his assistant Jean-Paul de Marigny has shocked the squad.

Updated Updated 8 hours ago
By Dave Lewis

Accusations from anonymous sources that De Marigny has been actively undermining Babbel and bullying youth team players, while the pair purportedly almost drove one unnamed ex-player into quitting football, have been dismissed as “bullshit stories” by the under-siege German.

It’s the worst possible preparation for Friday night’s visit of Western United to Bankwest Stadium, as crisis-riven Wanderers seek to end a five-game losing streak.

But Duke isn’t buying the “false rumours” - propagated in two damning Sydney Morning Herald articles - insisting instead that the relationship between de Marigny and Babbel is cordial and close and there is an unknown, internal or external, element seeking to destabilise the club.

“I’ve been quite shocked at the stuff I’ve read ... some of the statements and claims are a massive stretch (on reality),” he said.

“Whoever is behind it seems to have a vendetta out for JP and Babbel and is trying to ruin their relationship.

“But, as players, we’re in the inner sanctum and we see them every day.

“They are constantly together and have laughs together. “They get on like a house on fire and are actually good mates.

“There’s never been a sense of bad blood between them and they’re always on the same page.

“These stories are tough to take because they are false rumours. You start to wonder where it’s coming from.

“Is it anybody within the club or is it coming from ex-players who had their time and are sour towards the club?

“If any of what’s been said was actually going on, as players we’d be aware of it by now.

“The boys have laughed about things being said on the outside ... like JP supposedly undermining Babbel and taking over the running of everything.”

With Wanderland in meltdown and Babbel running out of excuses for poor performances, Duke said it was time for the players to alleviate some of the pressure on the coaching staff.

“We have to use this as motivation and to say ‘you know what, let’s go out and prove people wrong and show that we are a tight knit unit’,” he added.

“We’re a big club that’s had so much success early in its history and there’s always that element of expectation and pressure about the place.

“As professionals we have to except that and thrive on that and show we deserve to be there.

“It’s purely on us ... Babbel and JP can only prepare us for matches. We have to actually go out there and follow through with their instructions.

“Obviously there’s pressure on the coach as well after five losses in a row.

“Now’s the time for the big players to step up and show their worth.

“If you let what’s been said and written affect you then you will struggle as a professional because in football there’s always some sort of negativity around and things don’t always go the way you like.”

What an utter embarassment of a week. FMD.

MB Week planner....

Monday - Friday - select outfit for Saturday.

Saturday - lose football match. Attend press conference, blame refs/players/oz football as situation dictates. Swear a bit.

Rinse. Repeat.

This is leeds under cellino level bullshit and it needs to end now.

4 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

MB Week planner....

Saturday - lose football match. Attend press conference, blame refs/players/oz football as situation dictates. Swear a bit.

Rinse. Repeat.

Yeah not a good look is it? A bit amateurish. Feels like the last days of Rome. (Not that I was there!)

14 hours ago, wendybr said:

Well...we've got one of those too - which needs more participants.

Very tame these days. 

thanks wendy i shall check it out......

but i warn you that i can get quite animated at times

thats why my wife banned me from watching Q&A....... i am prone to shouting at my telly.

its even worse than my team losing a football match...... even against your lot because there are way worse things in life 

11 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

David Gallop showed at Spotless last season and when a bunch of us moved from Active to 2 meters away he stood and copped everything we gave him for a good 5 minutes until I mentioned Stajcic and how the tenure of a national coach was a private FFA matter. He beat a hasty retreat then. Babbel should swear in German. I swear in Greek and it helps heaps

You reminded me of one of my favourite tennis players, Ilie Nastase. He was volatile but intelligent, and supposedly could speak up to 7 languages. Unfortunately for him, he kept swearing on court in the language of the country he was playing in.

i don't think that Babbel is the answer but then who is?

muscat would enter a new realm of not a nice man 

in my humble opinion...... for what it is worth 

Edited by hatty

Seriously what is the point of sacking Babbel?  Is he any good, well technically he seems niaive, is he proactive, definitely not, but the reality is there is no relegation, there is no real better options currently, he has bought in 5/6 players from Germany/Swiss on short term contracts and if we think they are going to want to play more for a different manager then we are kidding ourselves.  Best option for us atm is to sit it out and hope that we get a few results cos in a table/league so tight, 3 wins and all of a sudden you are in the top 3. 

1 hour ago, hatty said:

thanks wendy i shall check it out......

but i warn you that i can get quite animated at times

thats why my wife banned me from watching Q&A....... i am prone to shouting at my telly.

its even worse than my team losing a football match...... even against your lot because there are way worse things in life 

Haha...animated is good!

We've had "animated" and "robust"...very robust discussions in the past.

But not for a few years now. 

:D:D

Bossi doesn't seem to be backing down from his claims

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/babbel-looks-to-football-god-meier-to-answer-his-prayers-20191219-p53ljh.html

Markus Babbel is searching for a miracle to pull Western Sydney Wanderers out of their nosedive and has finally turned to the man nicknamed 'The Football God' to supply it.

The Wanderers have lost five games in succession, dropping from first to seventh in just six weeks, amid internal divisions between players and coaches reported in the Herald this week.

Multiple club sources told the Herald a rift had developed at the club over Babbel's style of management and allegations he is being undermined by his assistant, Jean-Paul de Marigny.

Babbel and de Marigny spent the days leading up to Friday night's match against Western United at Bankwest Stadium on the defensive. Babbel described the allegations in the Herald as "dog ****", and said de Marigny was a loyal ally while demanding anonymous sources be revealed.

Babbel is under pressure to save the Wanderers' season – and potentially his own job at the club. After largely ignoring him for the better part of a month, Babbel is now hoping marquee striker Alex Meier is the man to turn things around.

The German striker, known as "Der Fussballgot"  in his homeland, is set to start his first match in four weeks against Western United. Throughout the worst of the Wanderers' woes, Meier's role has been reduced to cameos off the bench having been deemed out of form, fitness and favour.

Babbel is now set to pin his hopes on Meier when he needs him the most, deploying him as the central figure in a three-pronged attack on Friday night. The team sheet won't be confirmed until close to kick-off but Meier is to make his long awaited return. The Wanderers used Meier as their centre-forward in training this week, deploying captain Mitchell Duke in a supporting role on the left with Kwame Yeboah on the right.

Babbel has tinkered with his line-up several times throughout the season and, on Wednesday, boasted of not having a consistent tactical set-up and suggesting his formation "depends on the opposite side." However, he is set to stick with a similar formation to the one used in last week's match against Perth Glory, which the Wanderers lost 2-0.

Western Sydney are set to play a 4-2-3-1 system against Western United, led by Meier as their attacking focal point with Duke and Yeboah in the wide roles, Bruce Kamau missing out due to injury.

German playmaker Nikolai Muller will likely start behind his compatriot as a central attacking midfielder with Keanu Baccus and Pirmin Schwegler set to be the two holding midfielders as usual.

Babbel has been preparing to tweak the Wanderers' defence, in particular a significant reshuffle of their fullbacks prompted by a season-ending injury for teenaged left back Daniel Wilmering, who suffered a ruptured ACL at training on Wednesday.

Youngster Tate Russell is set to make his first appearance of the season by starting at right back in place of Tarek Elrich, while Daniel Georgievski is set to move to left back. Matt Jurman is likely to be partnered by Patrick Ziegler in the heart of defence after playing their first match together in last week's defeat away to Perth Glory.

Goalkeeper Daniel Lopar is expected to return after being sidelined with illness in Perth, where he was replaced by Nick Suman.

7 hours ago, lloydy136 said:

MB Week planner....

Rinse. Repeat.

:clapping:Go Lloydy!

Love the "Mon -Fri Select outfit".

Glad that annoys someone else too!

:lol::lol:

21 minutes ago, SBW said:

Tbh, I don't give a f*** what Bossi writes. The bottom line is what happens on the pitch is the main game here, because that is where the judgement of his position as manager is determined.

A fine player and a decent person and man manager he may well be but if the team is failing to produce then it is on his head and no one elses.

Edited by sonar
  • mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic