Wanderers Crumble To 5 Straight Losses

Ugh that was a real chore to sit through and a strong feeling of inevitability about it.

Can't blame owners - they paid big money for MB and then sunk some  serious $ to get the bundesliga players he wanted. (Several of whom looked like they didn't want to be there last night).

Its time for MB to go. Get muscat here now, get rid of the fancy dan's who don't want to be here and  let KM bring in a player or two, keep JP around to help transition.

I reckon KM is pretty under rated as a manager because it is clouded by what a ****wit he was as a player.

In summary....

#babbelout

#muscatin

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I just want him out so i dont see any more idiots in the stupid Babbel hats...

:lol: 

They (the hats, the outfits) were always a bit of a problem for me. :pardon:

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

:lol: 

They (the hats, the outfits) were always a bit of a problem for me. :pardon:

What the manager wears is just a secondary distraction to how the team performs on the pitch............couldn't care less if he was naked as long as we were winning games.   :ninja:

i wonder if a few members of the forum who have not visited for a while have become smurf's or macarthur fc fans

i still dont know what we should do about this, i do not like the idea of getting rid of any coach mid season but i dont know our plan, so far we have looked better than the opposition in 1 or maybe 2 matches every other team outclasses us and we have needed Lopar to avoid a few 6-0 losses

We have truly become a whiny lot. We are not travelling well but until we start losing multiple games at home then MB should stay. For goodness sake we have had one loss at home which was to City and a draw to Brisbane in our most recent games at home. IT IS TOUGH TO WIN GAMES IN THE A-league, especially on the road. Thats also when decisions are going your way. We haven't had a good rub of the green and lots of referee mistakes have gone against us and cost us points. Just calm down, we will go ok, but we need to get out of this funk and the referees also need to start doing their jobs. Until then Marcus should stay.

We are so bad its quite a shock. The  pedigree of the players. A new stadium. All the goodwill. A manager who was going to instill 'mentality' (whatever that means) and an owner who has bought him high value imports. The first game. Back at Parra. The march. New beginnings. 

First game we were lucky against the worse side in the HAL (and who are still bottom). We then won 2 more games. One even more fortunate. The worse game ever followed against Brisbane and then lost every match since.

How could it he this bad? We never look like scoring.  It's like there is a curse because it doesn't make sense that we aren't even competitive when you look at the outlay. 

It's bizarre.

Edited by beatsurrender
7 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

We have truly become a whiny lot. We are not travelling well but until we start losing multiple games at home then MB should stay. For goodness sake we have had one loss at home which was to City and a draw to Brisbane in our most recent games at home. IT IS TOUGH TO WIN GAMES IN THE A-league, especially on the road. Thats also when decisions are going your way. We haven't had a good rub of the green and lots of referee mistakes have gone against us and cost us points. Just calm down, we will go ok, but we need to get out of this funk and the referees also need to start doing their jobs. Until then Marcus should stay.

It’s been 2 seasons, this isn’t a little bad run of games 

9 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

We are so bad its quite a shock. The  pedigree of the players. A new stadium. All the goodwill. A manager who was going to instill 'mentality' (whatever that means) and an owner who has bought him high value imports. The first game. Back at Parra. The march. New beginnings. 

First game we were lucky against the worse side in the HAL (and who are still bottom). We then won 2 more games. One even more fortunate. The worse game ever followed against Brisbane and then lost every match since.

How could it he this bad? We never look like scoring.  It's like there is a curse because it doesn't make sense that we aren't even competitive when you look at the outlay. 

It's bizarre.

Did anything happen that coincided with our downward slide in  performances? Staff change, or even a new recruit?

I'm on the fence with the #babbelout supporters tbh. On one hand firing someone based on expectation is a very slippery slope, but on the other the blame game conspiracy thing is weak and not the mindset of a champion.

18 minutes ago, Jukes01 said:

yes we have had some terrible luck with referee's but we have had some good luck too(that penalty against CCM should have not been a pen and we still dont know if that sydney fc shot went over the line plus without lopar we would have lost that by 6 goals, we rode our luck early on and now we have shitty luck so in my opinion it has balanced itself out somewhat, we currently look so directioness and we cant blame all the referee mistakes for our losses, i do think people are going too far in saying we should get rid of him now but lets not pretend like we are going well, this was meant to be our season where we actually go alright, in most matches we have been out classed and that is a worry, i also do think we have not been playing as badly as some people made out but we still been outclassed in the majority of the matches if we won, drew or lost

17 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

How could it he this bad?

Our positioning, formations and interplay is so predictable it's alarming for this level. When you add to that our ball speed and weighting is nonexistent and inconsistent and we keep hail mary low percentage passing through midfield it's like watching U12s.

I think the players don't want to play the same tedious lines and plays as they know its not working. This is where the shed is being lost, and your seeing experienced players like Primin getting frustrated.

Well that was painful to watch from start to finish.

We didn't create any chances at all, we were very static when we are in attacking positions, Perth didn't defend deep, but they were more organised in defence and they were one step ahead of us.

The first goal, no one in defence picked up their player, they all fell asleep and allowed Fornaroli with his acrobatic assist for their first goal, don't blame Suman for this one, he was let down by his defence.

The second goal, honestly what was Meier doing? he provided an assist for Grant to smash that in.

If Babbel still has a job, he needs to go back to basics and find out why we were successful in the first 3 rounds, start Tass, Adam and Sullivan against Tarneit FC, those 3 show more positivity than some of the other players in the squad.

Muller, Yeboah, Kamau and Ziegler can go back to the bench

59 minutes ago, sonar said:

What the manager wears is just a secondary distraction to how the team performs on the pitch............couldn't care less if he was naked as long as we were winning games.   :ninja:

Of course...but why does a manager need to have any focus besides his team's performance when he's on the sideline.

Get into a pair of tracky daks...or whatever is comfortable for the conditions on the sidelines of an A league match.

Save your deerstalker hats (or whatever they are) and linen suits for photo opps on Instagram. :rolleyes:

Is my age showing? :lol:

That was a rhetorical question...so no need for an answer.

Altho I dont mind 'OK Boomer' at all. :lol::lol::lol:

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Of course...but why does a manager need to have any focus besides his team's performance when he's on the sideline.

Get into a pair of tracky daks...or whatever is comfortable for the conditions on the sidelines of an A league match.

Save your deerstalker hats (or whatever they are) and linen suits for photo opps on Instagram. :rolleyes:

Is my age showing? :lol:

That was a rhetorical question...so no need for an answer.

Altho I dont mind 'OK Boomer' at all. :lol::lol::lol:

I want my manager stylish as **** 

PS I dont own tracky daks, and haven't  done so for decades.

Not a fan...but for the sporting field, they make sense.

Even suits on the sidelines seem silly to me, esp in Summer heat...but I guess they look professional ..in an odd sort of way for a football game. -_-

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I want my manager stylish as **** 

Okayyyyyyyy.

As opposed to inspiring a team to play brilliantly?

If the manager has to spend time preening himself to run a cometitive game of football.... well....:unsure::unsure:

17 minutes ago, SBW said:

Well that was painful to watch from start to finish.

We didn't create any chances at all, we were very static when we are in attacking positions, Perth didn't defend deep, but they were more organised in defence and they were one step ahead of us.

The first goal, no one in defence picked up their player, they all fell asleep and allowed Fornaroli with his acrobatic assist for their first goal, don't blame Suman for this one, he was let down by his defence.

The second goal, honestly what was Meier doing? he provided an assist for Grant to smash that in.

If Babbel still has a job, he needs to go back to basics and find out why we were successful in the first 3 rounds, start Tass, Adam and Sullivan against Tarneit FC, those 3 show more positivity than some of the other players in the squad.

Muller, Yeboah, Kamau and Ziegler can go back to the bench

We’ve played one good game (victory away) may be sydney game if you count hanging on for 85 minutes as a good game 

I’m not sure there is a successful formula other than Lopar heroics to go back too

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Okayyyyyyyy.

As opposed to inspiring a team to play brilliantly?

If the manager has to spend time preening himself to run a cometitive game of football.... well....:unsure::unsure:

I don’t think the two are really that related..

I don’t think Babbels hat is the issue

I just watched the press conference, he’s gone, let’s just get it over with and do it now while there is still enough points on offer to turn it round and a chance of tweaking in jan transfer window

I can’t go past Muscat for the gig at least in short term

- knows the league so will got ground running

- is pragmatic (not a philosophy gombau ball type)

- would fire up players 

His **** fashion sense I’ll live with 

If we haven’t got anyone lined up give it to Heffernan until we do 

Edited by StringerBellend

BABBEL OUT!!!!! fmd what a joke this club has become over the last 4 seasons , an not just babbel out , JT and the whole board out , blokes clearly have no clue how to run a club , 5 losses in a row and the board seem to think thats ok , its still good its still good , bring in K.M the guy understands the league and has a game plan unlike old mate babbel , he may have been a descent player , but he's a sh...it manager 

1 hour ago, Jukes01 said:

If we don't sack him  until the refs improve we might as well give him a lifetime extension.

it could be season over by january which would be very disappointing with all the talks of this season being the one where we get back on track. Don't think ditching coach mid season would do any favours but Lederer does sucumb to pressure and a few more losses could be all it takes for Babbel to be fired

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

I know a bloke who has the west in his blood born and bred  , was one of the great Australian players of his era and successfully played overseas at a high level has coached Australian representative sides 

He would bring passion to the west again 

Give him a go for the rest of the season

Paul Okon 

#okonin 

I think he’d do ok 

39 minutes ago, tranquilo said:

it could be season over by january which would be very disappointing with all the talks of this season being the one where we get back on track. Don't think ditching coach mid season would do any favours but Lederer does sucumb to pressure and a few more losses could be all it takes for Babbel to be fired

Your first statement is why he’ll be gone. It can’t be season over by Jan for the club. If Lederer and JT are true to their word then they have to try something, can’t just meander Along

16 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I don't think the 'owners are sinking money in' argument is valid, they're in it to make money. It's an investment for them, it's a love for Western Sydney for the rest of us.

We're just the idiots who keep renewing our memberships because Lederer stood on a stage in Parramatta and said this is our season -then spent the next 20 minutes banging on about how the club is building a McDonalds and 7/11, hotel and retail precinct.

Just sign players champ, save the boardroom comments.

Mark Crittenden is the only coach I want to see.

Sorry but there is no way a football person like Lederer is in it for the money.  He knows better than that.  He is in it to provide something for western Sydney.  There is no way the owners will recoup what they have put in so far let alone what they will have to keep putting in.

The owners don't sign players, management does and that is where we have our ongoing problems.  Why do they sign so many duds?  Why don't they sign good locals instead of players that really should be coming off the bench at best?  Do we need a TD that has a team constantly scouting players on the ground and building contacts overseas so that when a coach comes in there is a dossier on all the players that might be available that meet A-League standards or marquee standards that fit our club in character and skills for the coach to choose from or add to?