Access Issues

mack

On 19/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, mack said:

I've been doing some checking and it seems fairly certain it's an issue with Optus' DNS server timing out/blocking us (Amaysim uses Optus' network). And maybe with other DNS servers on other ISP's, although those may have been because I was using out of date server addresses.

Is anyone on Telstra or another ISP like TPG having the issue?

I'll see what I can do with Optus/Amaysim but I'm not a customer so it might not go anywhere or take time to resolve.

I would suggest users with the issue contact their providers tech support on their own to say something like "Hi, a website I use regularly, www.westsydneyfootball.com isn't working, I've been told there is a block on the DNS server that needs to be removed, can you escalate this issue to get the block removed."

^^^ This from Mack last Thurs.

On 19/12/2019 at 9:46 PM, mack said:

I would suggest users with the issue contact their providers tech support on their own to say something like "Hi, a website I use regularly, www.westsydneyfootball.com isn't working, I've been told there is a block on the DNS server that needs to be removed, can you escalate this issue to get the block removed."

Is this still the message Mack - or do you know anything more?

I'll contact Amaysim this afternoon.

OK you OPTUS users - can you please raise the issue with them??

I had a live chat with AMAYSIM - who were helpful, but it achieved nothing. There's nothing wrong with my account, or access to the internet, which I already knew.

He said there was no block from Amaysim or OPTUS. He was a bit confused, as I am, and more or less said it wasn't an issue at their end.  :unknw: :unknw:

I said I'd let Mack know, and maybe contact OPTUS myself - but as a non-customer, I won't matter as much as OPTUS users, I don't imagine.

For me, it's been out all day - longest period ever. :(

• 3 weeks later...