Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 27/12/2019 7:00PM

4 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

That’s a little concerning....

only a little? i am disappointed in myself usually i am more concerning than that :P

2 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

We should buy him one of those products with the "Old Guys Rule" slogan on it.

lol he may be old but he had more energy than most of the young players out there :P

3 minutes ago, tardotz said:

TBH when Terek was coming in I thought no not him....he is not going to have the speed and energy to keep up.....So glad I was wrong, he completely changed the game and also a great assist.

You weren’t wrong. Did you see him in that foot race against Mileusnic? You were just wrong in a different way. Which is the best way to be wrong

7 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Can anyone tell me what the Duke potential red card incident early on was, the one they asked Mueller about in the post game interview? Approx time too.

sorry i cant tell you the time because i forget but he got tackled and then lashed out by tripping the guy who tackled him(forget who tackled him tbh) behind play

Man if that was a movie it couldn't have been anymore exciting.  How funny is it to watch the game until the end and come on here and read everyone's comments?  Somehow though in my third eye or something I could see we were always going to win this.  Honestly, I think we are not far off being a really good team.

2 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Man if that was a movie it couldn't have been anymore exciting.  How funny is it to watch the game until the end and come on here and read everyone's comments?  Somehow though in my third eye or something I could see we were always going to win this.  Honestly, I think we are not far off being a really good team.

We have the players just not the right tactics.

Chris Beath... He likes the centre of attention doesn't he? By far the worse ref in the A-League and having Kurt Ams in VAR was just as worse.

Beath did no favours for both teams and I'll admit, Duke should have been sent off and him getting off without a red card let alone a yellow was very fortunate for us.

I don't want to complain about the first pen because it was a pen but I have to because that pen was no different to Yeboah being fouled in the box against the Jets yet Ams gets in Beaths Ear and tells him to check it, the second one, I don't understand how you can call that a pen when Georgevski was close to the player and his arm was closer to his body but then again, it's Ams and breath, 2 of the worse of the worst.

What I find hard to believe that Beath is considered (according to FFA and AFC) as our current best Australian ref. Surely there are better Australian refs than Beath? Faghani doesn't count.

23 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Can anyone tell me what the Duke potential red card incident early on was, the one they asked Mueller about in the post game interview? Approx time too.

I think it was around 15m. I have to say i disagree with most that Duke deserved a red.

IMHO it was a little flick out, barley made contact. It's like he changed his mind halfway through the motion. I agree it could have been a yellow but it was more of a trip than a strike.

2 minutes ago, Jimspade said:

I think it was around 15m. I have to say i disagree with most that Duke deserved a red.

IMHO it was a little flick out, barley made contact. It's like he changed his mind halfway through the motion. I agree it could have been a yellow but it was more of a trip than a strike.

Yea I think that saved him that he missed with his studs. If he got contact it was potential red card. 

It could have gone either way for duke.

However, Halloran should have been given a yellow for unsporting behaviour for his push on Duke which precipitated the action

1 hour ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

What an absolute joke - how that is a pen???!!!  I cannot believe that Beath even looked at it.  

Beathe looked at it because Ams couldn't make a definitive decision in the VAR box.

It was clear that it shouldn't have been a pen and the ref originally made the correct call.

Ams looked at it, and Beathe had no choice but to look at it again upon Ams advice.

My problem is two-fold.

1. Ams should have supported the original decision. Therefore, Beathe doesn't need to go to the micro-screen.

2. How on earth could Beathe overturn his original decision? What exactly is Georgievski supposed to do, or more importantly, how much more evasive action is he meant to take, in about 5/100ths of a second?

I watched Beathe's explanation on Fox afterwards and it didn't wash with me. There really needs to be some common sense prevailing in some of these decicisions.

If he hadn't given the pen, there would be far less controversy because the average football purist knows that in fact, it wasn't.

Thank **** Blackwood is rubbish. Sanity prevailed.

We won. Bring on Wednesday night!

luck has shone on us, its been a while. That last 10 mins we knew it would be a nervous and we had that thought of a possible loss or draw lingering in our minds. The lack of consitency from the refs is loosing fans from the game, VAR has just prolonged matches and has not helped it at all. Muller is improving every match, we need to focus on having him up front rather that his statue German team mate

15 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

2. How on earth could Beathe overturn his original decision?

I've always been under the impression, that to overturn the on field call, it had to be blatantly wrong... LIke much more obvious than it would normally need to be.

Have i just been wrong about this the entire time?

19 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Beathe looked at it because Ams couldn't make a definitive decision in the VAR box.

It was clear that it shouldn't have been a pen and the ref originally made the correct call.

Ams looked at it, and Beathe had no choice but to look at it again upon Ams advice.

My problem is two-fold.

1. Ams should have supported the original decision. Therefore, Beathe doesn't need to go to the micro-screen.

2. How on earth could Beathe overturn his original decision? What exactly is Georgievski supposed to do, or more importantly, how much more evasive action is he meant to take, in about 5/100ths of a second?

I watched Beathe's explanation on Fox afterwards and it didn't wash with me. There really needs to be some common sense prevailing in some of these decicisions.

If he hadn't given the pen, there would be far less controversy because the average football purist knows that in fact, it wasn't.

Wednesday without Schwegler. 5 yellows.

I've always been under the impression, that to overturn the on field call, it had to be blatantly wrong... LIke much more obvious than it would normally need to be.

Have i just been wrong about this the entire time?

And that's the issue.

Kurt Ams should have turned it away for not being a "clear and obvious error".

This is where the system fails. All the refs are mates, and the VAR ref is consistently reluctant to stand on his mates toes. In saying that, Beathe should have stood by his original decision. I was dumbfounded when he changed his mind.

19 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

My problem is two-fold.

Beef burger made the right call straight away , even did a quick demo lol arms tucked in across his chest even pointed to his elbow , fmd the bloke is a joke

4 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Beef burger made the right call straight away , even did a quick demo lol arms tucked in across his chest even pointed to his elbow , fmd the bloke is a joke

Yeh IKR, he even demonstrated why it wasn't a penalty, right before awarding a penalty :(. God i'd love to stick bamboo spikes under his fingernails. While verbally abusing his puppy and mounting his wife

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic