mack

Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 27/12/2019 7:00PM

1 minute ago, Neverbloom said:

watching the replay right now. 87th minute and we are up by 2 goals, all we have to do is cruise to victory which will be nice for an easy win with no drama or late pens

Lol. As if that will happen.

Let me know how it pans out.

8 minutes ago, wswnick said:

And he got it for complaining about a late offside flag. So stupid. Wish we'd stop talking ourselves into yellows and future suspensions.

Meh he was gonna miss a game soon anyway, probably better it's Brissy at home rather than Wellington away.

Anyone seen a worse decision than that pen?

I only partly blame Beath. When you have referees all over the world making terrible calls, then you have a problem with the rules.

They have made major changes recently to two rules that were both pretty simple - offside and handball. And both of them have been ******* games up constantly since.

It baffles me how a multi-billion industry can't get some competent people reviewing rule changes. Actually, it's probably because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that it can't get good people - the ones in charge are too busy being corrupt and hiding corruption to worry about fixing the rules properly or hiring people that are better than them.

3 hours ago, mack said:

No postgame thread tonight. I'm in hospital for a busted wrist won't be able to do a report.

All good Mack, I've got you covered:

Here's the post game post:

WANDERERS WINLESS DROUGHT ENDS IN ADELAIDE

OH5siYL.png|

The Wanderers will look to continue win streak against Brisbane Roar on Wednesday 1st January 2019 at Bankwest Stadium, Parramatta. Kickoff scheduled at 7:30pm

There you go, Mack.
Done and dusted (hope your wrist is ok).

2 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

On a serious note, I'm so glad Adam finally got a run and scored on an A-league game. So happy about this. Let's hope he'll continue to be used in the starting XI.

the goal and the assist will give him plenty of confidence, he had a good match

6 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Anyone seen a worse decision than that pen?

I only partly blame Beath. When you have referees all over the world making terrible calls, then you have a problem with the rules.

They have made major changes recently to two rules that were both pretty simple - offside and handball. And both of them have been ******* games up constantly since.

It baffles me how a multi-billion industry can't get some competent people reviewing rule changes. Actually, it's probably because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that it can't get good people - the ones in charge are too busy being corrupt and hiding corruption to worry about fixing the rules properly or hiring people that are better than them.

Yep plenty.

You can't defend with your arms in front of your body & your eyes closed & expect to get away with it.

The petulant behaviour that followed the decision, shows how much trouble our club is actually in. 

We lack leadership

23 minutes ago, wswnick said:

And he got it for complaining about a late offside flag. So stupid. Wish we'd stop talking ourselves into yellows and future suspensions.

They must have missed a few as Pirmin has racked up at least 8 slices of cheese already

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Yep plenty.

You can't defend with your arms in front of your body & your eyes closed & expect to get away with it.

The petulant behaviour that followed the decision, shows how much trouble our club is actually in. 

We lack leadership

Rubbish.

He did everything he could to pull his arms into his side, in a very tight period of time that the ball was kicked into the box.

Edited by Wanderboy

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

Yep plenty.

We lack leadership

See how the footer of your post says that your posts are subject to interpretation?  Here's my interpretation of your post:

You're not a fan of Babbel and the current culture, and that is affecting your ability to objectively review that call.  He had his hands tucked in to his body and the ball hit his elbow. It was a SCHOCKING call. I have already had numerous neutrals talking about how bad the officiating is.

7 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

See how the footer of your post says that your posts are subject to interpretation?  Here's my interpretation of your post:

You're not a fan of Babbel and the current culture, and that is affecting your ability to objectively review that call.  He had his hands tucked in to his body and the ball hit his elbow. It was a SCHOCKING call. I have already had numerous neutrals talking about how bad the officiating is.

Ams made the call

Unfortunately, a player can only place his hands on his chest in a wall and not in general play last season. I am waiting for our annual review of the Laws of the Game in our Referees Branch (And I am no fan of the current crop of A-league referees) to find out exact ruling on this one. However, based on the current rulings we see in Europe it appears to be consistent with the new IFAB handball rule.

Georgievski is lucky not to have got 2 yellows in this game, one for leaving without permission and re-entering without permission.

You now often see players in the box with hands clasped behind their backs.

It once would have seemed excessive, but it's now just about the only way to avoid a handball call (as long as their elbows are tucked in against their sides). 

PS I think it was stupid too...like so many others we've seen lately, but ridiculous or not, that would surely be the only way to avoid it??

I'm not a fan of the leadership void that exists within our club atm. 

Professionalism isn't a buzz word, it's a state of mind.

The owners of our club need to act & post haste, otherwise the club will become a basket case.

Btw, plenty of neutral observers don't understand the handball rule as it currently stands. 

2 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Ams made the call

Indeed he did. And it was the wrong call. He should have deemed it as not a clear and obvious error, which we have seen made a thousand times before.

Beathe compounded the issue by overturning his original decision. It was a **** up by both of them.

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

The owners of our club need to act & post haste, otherwise the club will become a basket case.

If the club becomes a basket case, it's due to the owners, no one else.

The fish rots from the head, down.

Edited by Wanderboy

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Its already a basket case ,has been ever since we left parra , clowns running the club seem to think its ok finishing in the bottom half of ladder... dw next year lads , new stadium should fix that 

5 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

If the club becomes a basket case, it's due to the owners, no one else.

The fish rots from the head, down.

Thank u

i dont think anyone is interested(also off topic) but gombau's team is just starting a match in the ISL, will somewhat watch muted while watching youtube

EDIT: the match started with the words "lets football" .......ummm......ok

Just now, Wanderboy said:

Gombau in?

lol i do still think he did deserve another season, his own season with his signings and his pre season ect i feel every coach should be judged with their own team i am not saying he was right for us i am just saying in my opinion he didnt get enough of a chance.........that said we had some dark times under him :P

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Indeed he did. And it was the wrong call. He should have deemed it as not a clear and obvious error, which we have seen made a thousand times before.

Beathe compounded the issue by overturning his original decision. It was a **** up by both of them.

I actually can't remember, but have there been instances when the VAR obviously wants to overrule a ref's decision, calls the ref over, to view it and the ref says 'Nah'??

The owners have IMO displayed leniency over recent weeks.

Adopting a siege mentality isn't going to produce positive outcomes, when our squad members behave like juveniles, when a decision goes against them.

Duke was extremely lucky to stay on the pitch after he lashed out at Halloren in the 1st half, but I don't hear anyone complaining about that decision.

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

I actually can't remember, but have there been instances when the VAR obviously wants to overrule a ref's decision, calls the ref over, to view it and the ref says 'Nah'??

I can't remember either. Probably plenty of times against us.

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Adopting a siege mentality isn't going to produce positive outcomes, when our squad members behave like juveniles, when a decision goes against them.

Nothing wrong with the players goin off , players are over var too 

Just now, 1988banana said:

Nothing wrong with the players goin off , players are over var too 

It's the 3rd occasion in recent weeks that DG has lost the plot.

Where's his head at?

19 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Btw, plenty of neutral observers don't understand the handball rule as it currently stands. 

1. Beath explained that it was handball under the current rules because he had made himself "unnaturally bigger". LOL 

2. The current rules are STUPID. If anyone actually thinks that was handball they are either an Adelaide fan, a smurf, or a ref. Everyone else knows it was not handball in a gazillion years. And even not after that.

8 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Our leader has also expressed that siege mentality in press conference after press conference. They are all frustrated. I can understand why.

Are the Owners not frustrated as well with results and decisions going against us? Just like us fans as well?

It's a time to pull together, not tear us apart. Georgevski had every right to be angry tonight.

Anyway, we won. We should all be happy.

Can't wait for Wednesday night to smash the Fowler Brexit's.

Edited by Wanderboy

32 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Well to be honest, cool though the manager's physical and verbal outburst have been perceived to be by some sections of the fan base, those petulant outbursts don't really set a good example.

Yes ...we can identify with that raw passion / frustration / emotion... but it sets a tone that can lead to something like a player walking off the pitch.

What DG did in walking off was something that you might be tempted to cheer on....but honestly, you can't have that, imo.

PS I love him! His penguin waddle protest was great as he left the pitch at the very end of the game. Protest all you like, but it really can't be during a game, if you don't wish to penalise yourself or your team.