mack

Adelaide United vs Western Sydney Wanderers 27/12/2019 7:00PM

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

It's the 3rd occasion in recent weeks that DG has lost the plot.

Where's his head at?

Yeah when I saw Ziggy and Schwiggy ripping the refs about offside, I have to admit it worried me. They seem to be complaining more and more. I prefer the Popa way - we will control what we can control.

I don't like to see our players losing their heads, but I'm all for a walkoff over VAR. It'll happen somewhere soon if they don't fix it. You have players all over the world calling it out in post-game interviews, and online. It's only a matter of time before a game is abandoned either because the players walk off or the crowd storm on.

On 26/12/2019 at 8:08 PM, Carns said:

onTtdYV.gif

We shared the feeling...but if this went on everywhere...well....

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Clear pen, every day of the week.

Fortunately for us, Blackwood is shite & we escaped unscathed 

Image may contain: 2 people

LOL

How can you seriosuly look at that and say it is a clear pen? I'm astounded. His body isn't "unnaturally bigger", and it glances off his elbow.

You might have good intel on the inner workings of the team, but if you think that is a clear pen I am never trusting another thing you say that requires any interpretation.

Oh, you also weren't sure about Lopar, so there you go.

10 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Haha!

Clear penalty my arse.

Look at his arms. He did everything to avoid it. And how is that an un-natural position? He did everything to get his arms out of the way. and he hasn't created an un-natural silhouette. 

Edited by Wanderboy

If that's a penalty, teams are just gonna start kicking the ball at defenders as soon as they get into the box. It's nonsense.

I haven't heard one person except Taurus say it's a pen. And Taurus clearly doesn't like the current regime.

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

If that's a penalty, teams are just gonna start kicking the ball at defenders as soon as they get into the box. It's nonsense.

I haven't heard one person except Taurus say it's a pen. And Taurus clearly doesn't like the current regime.

I'm not sure what Taurus expects DG to do other than what he did?

Vanish into thin air?

43 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I'm not sure what Taurus expects DG to do other than what he did?

Vanish into thin air?

I expect DG to keep his eye on the ball & not turn his head away from a padded sphere, that is unlikely to hurt him.

If he were playing in the WLeague, attempting to protect his breasts would be allowable. 

1 hour ago, btron3000 said:

You know what happens when you ass-u-me.

I have no problem with the gaffer, other than I think he's too lenient on some players, hence why we have discipline problems.

Both penalties came about because we decided to defend from within our box, rather than deal with the situations prior to that. 

The officials eventually adjudged it to be a pen, so I'm content that I understand the rules as they obviously do. 

I try not to allow my bias to cloud my judgement.

And yes, I still have my concerns about Lopar's positioning & the habit he has of not using his hands when attempting a save.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Well to be honest, cool though the manager's physical and verbal outburst have been perceived to be by some sections of the fan base, those petulant outbursts don't really set a good example.

Yes ...we can identify with that raw passion / frustration / emotion... but it sets a tone that can lead to something like a player walking off the pitch.

What DG did in walking off was something that you might be tempted to cheer on....but honestly, you can't have that, imo.

PS I love him! His penguin waddle protest was great as he left the pitch at the very end of the game. Protest all you like, but it really can't be during a game, if you don't wish to penalise yourself or your team.

Spoken like a school teacher!

5 hours ago, Taurus said:

It's the 3rd occasion in recent weeks that DG has lost the plot.

Where's his head at?

DG  was the most pumped up for sure after the 2nd and 3rd goal...really trying to get the small band of travelling fans to get up and make noise..he was well and truly invested in this game lol

At 3-1 i knew it wasnt over, we let Adelaide create far too many chances for that. In the ground it was felt the first was a penna and would be given on review.

The second is where it blew up. Not a penna in my eyes and when given well yeah...the nice feeling of the evening vanished instantly..thanks for the beer shower whoever that was :rolleyes:. Police encircled the away bay and we got loads from the Adelaide fans. Such relief when he missed, celebrated like a goal for us.

On the tram on way back lots of discussions about the game. They Should have won...had enough chances...we were shyte...blah blah blah...but one or two did think the second penna was 'soft'.

Off to jump in some water down the Fleurieu peninsula coast today, wont be back for the new years game...have a good NYE all :)

Edited by Smoggy

5 hours ago, Taurus said:

The owners have IMO displayed leniency over recent weeks.

Adopting a siege mentality isn't going to produce positive outcomes, when our squad members behave like juveniles, when a decision goes against them.

Duke was extremely lucky to stay on the pitch after he lashed out at Halloren in the 1st half, but I don't hear anyone complaining about that decision.

That's not true.

Go back through this thread and you'll find lots commenting that Duke was lucky and that was another decision Beath got wrong.

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

I expect DG to keep his eye on the ball & not turn his head away from a padded sphere, that is unlikely to hurt him.

If he were playing in the WLeague, attempting to protect his breasts would be allowable. 

If he doesn't tuck his arms in like that and they are by his side, the ball hits him on the arm.

He literally did everything he could to block the cross whilst not making himself "un-naturally" bigger so he couldn't be done for hand ball.

Yet he got done for handball.

4 hours ago, Taurus said:

Have you actually played the game? As a former central defender when someone belts the ball at you hard from close range the first reaction is to protect your face ( plus bollocks if you have time / in the wall) and turn it to the side..that is a natural reaction. 

His arms were tuckedun and was not bigger in that way than he should have been.

Based on this rule then players should just belt the ball hard at a defender from close range, hope it clips a bit of arm and hey presto penna it is.

Ridiculous. The old rule was hand to ball action...new rule  - smash the ******* ball hard as poss in to defender from close range lol ffs..

Edited by Smoggy

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Spoken like a school teacher!

Haha...touche!

As I typed it, I'll admit I thought the same!

But if you saw ill discipline happening in a classroom, you'd roll your eyes.

Throw out standards of reasonable discipline in any sphere of life, includibg in a footvall team, and you have sloppiness and potentially chaos, which isn't the best way to operate anything, I don't think.

:pardon:

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Spoken like even more of a school teacher 

Meh!

Despite all our political joustings, I hadn't realised you are an anarchist at heart! :D:D

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Meh!

Despite all our political joustings, I didn't realise you are an anarchist at heart! :D:D

He supports Everton and Southend...that is all you need to know about his delicate mental state.

Gotta go...coffee and breakfast buffet awaits! :woah:

Its been raining in Adelaide this morning !:shok:

Edited by Smoggy

6 hours ago, Taurus said:

I'd have to agree. DG should have kept his hands down as well as facing the ball then there would be no penalty.

I was having a general refereeing assessment at my lowly level on a women's game. As it happened there had been a regulation in our association (which unbeknown to me removed that season) that women were allowed to cover their breasts in general play. Apparently, the FFA had put an edict out that this practice was to stop and it happened that a player did this in the box in the first half. So my assessor on the day duly told me  that players were not allowed to place their over their chests or lower parts for men EXCEPT in a wall, and if the hands came off in a wall, it is handball. 

Remember the furore when Genreau put his hand up to protect his face which the ball hit and a penalty awarded to the opposition.

I think our March referee branch meeting will have 15 minutes dedicated to the handball rule 

12 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

He supports Everton and Southend...that is all you need to know about his delicate mental state.

Gotta go...coffee and breakfast buffet awaits! :woah:

Its been raining in Adelaide this morning !:shok:

Did you bring Boro to Adelaide?

Time to go on a tear with 2 Boro wins :crazy:

Anyone think we looked defensively stronger with McGowan/Jurman partnership than Jurman/Ziegler?. That rubbish tackle by Ziegler when attacker was clearly covered by Jurman should be looked at. Without that stupidity none of that last 5 minutes madness happens. For mine Ziegler is terrible at man marking, I’d have McGowan in

4 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I'd have to agree. DG should have kept his hands down as well as facing the ball then there would be no penalty.

I was having a general refereeing assessment at my lowly level on a women's game. As it happened there had been a regulation in our association (which unbeknown to me removed that season) that women were allowed to cover their breasts in general play. Apparently, the FFA had put an edict out that this practice was to stop and it happened that a player did this in the box in the first half. So my assessor on the day duly told me  that players were not allowed to place their over their chests or lower parts for men EXCEPT in a wall, and if the hands came off in a wall, it is handball. 

Remember the furore when Genreau put his hand up to protect his face which the ball hit and a penalty awarded to the opposition.

I think our March referee branch meeting will have 15 minutes dedicated to the handball rule 

Deliberate hand to ball every time..i seen nothing wrong with DG,s body position for a close range shot.

For those that think DG should keep his face forward to the ball when he knows it is going to be belted at him.

I am more than happy to test this theory with those that think this by going to a local park and using my size 12's to belt the ball at you from close range lol

10 out of 10 will look away and 5 out of 10 will try and punch the ball away :D

Edited by Smoggy

Duke , yellow card for tripping no different than pushing someone in the back intentionally while running at full pace, the push can cause some bad damage at that speed ,   :) 

First penalty was a fair one, Ziegler did not need to charge in as Jurman appeared to have control of the situation.

For me , no penalty , did not play at the ball was protecting himself and crossed the arms to do as the rules say regarding silhouette as he was partially sideways , his movement of spinning was not an attempt to touch the ball,

The interpretation of the rules is now very clouded , but it seems some will use the interpretation to suit there bias as with Beath not once not twice not 3 times has his interpretation cost us either penalties or offsides , remember the technical offside , for F@$# sake  

Those with passion for their club will interpret  the rule another way  and this is the big issue , the rule needs to be simpler. I don't think a true WSW supporter would come on here and interpret it Beath's way :)  

In my view the rule for a penalty should be if the tackle of hand ball stops a direct goal scoring opportunity such as stopping the ball on shot on goal fouling a player when direct on goal etc: 

in my view the Toure and DG  penalties could have been called in resurrecting an old rule as an indirect free kick from the spot of infringement. 

8 hours ago, btron3000 said:

Anyone seen a worse decision than that pen?

I only partly blame Beath. When you have referees all over the world making terrible calls, then you have a problem with the rules.

They have made major changes recently to two rules that were both pretty simple - offside and handball. And both of them have been ******* games up constantly since.

It baffles me how a multi-billion industry can't get some competent people reviewing rule changes. Actually, it's probably because it's a multi-billion dollar industry that it can't get good people - the ones in charge are too busy being corrupt and hiding corruption to worry about fixing the rules properly or hiring people that are better than them.

Sure have, same ref too, and this season. WSW v M City!

7 hours ago, Taurus said:

Did he get a Yellow card for it? 

43 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

ONLY 15 minutes??

12 minutes ago, DomJ said:

Did he get a Yellow card for it? 

No. His yellow was for leaving the field without the referees permission