Jump to content

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 1/1/2020 7:30PM


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

You could introduce temporary dismissals for A-league for elbows to the head.

He should of got a red. The point remains we were fouled and we were the most disadvantaged by the foul. 10 men and we concede. The oppostion player got a bit of yellow plastic waved at him and stays on the field. 10 v 11.

Link to post
6 minutes ago, sonar said:

He should of got a red. The point remains we were fouled and we were the most disadvantaged by the foul. 10 men and we concede. The oppostion player got a bit of yellow plastic waved at him and stays on the field. 10 v 11.

Alex King - Queenslander 

Link to post

Brisbane roar are a poor poor soccer team , WSW allowed them to look far better than what they are and WSW showed exactly the same form as every game this season, there was nothing new tonight.

The A-League as a high level competition is rooted , the referees are of the lowest quality and are incapable of making correct decisions  , except the imported Iranian I think he is. The management of the league have been a disgrace and we are in Competition where the cheating of the salary cap is obvious to everybody re Sydney FC and they will continue to dominate this league while they are allowed to continually cheat the system , and this issue is publicly spoken about , ask Robbie Fowler.  

I am out , apart from the normal poor performance , our 7 Seats in Bay 214 were taken over by people with buy the tickets at the gate, , screaming kids , kids kicking the seats continually.

the 3 seats behind us are part of the group and those 3 members did not come to the game tonight but a couple of family's with 3 kids turned up taking the seats including our groups and proceeded to create havoc.

There is no attendants on the entrance to bay 14 and have not had any at all games this season, so the people just come as they please and sit any where , , enough for me , 

Good Bye to a club destined to be a bottom feeder  for the future with current structure of the club.  WSW have had their glory and they are living in the past and looking at some of the juniors coming through  from the tin shed and I have not seen one that is going to set the world on fire , they are nothing better than journey man , and we have plenty of those on display in the A-league currently. 

what a sad decline this is 3 years in a row as bottom feeders 

RIP

 

   

Link to post
13 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

While we are at it, when Baccus and Schweigler back would you keep Ziegler in DM alongside PS or drop him back to defence? or to bench?

thought first half he was doing okay then the collective were not performing to their abilities second period, believe he is a better DM than centre half myself.

I think what is most concerning is what we do with Meier. He's not a Centre Forward for mine especially how we play. We have trouble getting the ball to him and he moves like a cruise liner.

I don't understand Babbel's positioning selection tonight of Muller being dropped further back we last we he had one of his best games playing up front, he's not a midfielder for mine. Also Adam on the wing when he played well last week as a striker. Why weaken more positions than you have to.

 

Link to post

First home match I've managed to get to, bumped into 2 german guys here on holidays who'd come to see our guys.

Mentioned Muller is the one to watch, Meier is a dissapointment and I can't make up my mind about Ziegler.

They knew who Schwegler was though.

As for this match, roar were woeful and we still found a way to lose, well done.

ESFC fans out in force mashing their keyboards too, the obsession is disturbing.

Link to post

'When Meir and Muller ran into each other it summed up our game and the season' 

Can you allow me a small edit 'When Meir ran into Muller it summed up our game and the season ' at least Muller is trying to raise his game and is scoring the same cannot be said of Meier, he might have been a football god in Germany but i cannot level a decent adjective for his performances thus far.

Link to post
1 minute ago, WSWJACK said:

'When Meir and Muller ran into each other it summed up our game and the season' 

Can you allow me a small edit 'When Meir ran into Muller it summed up our game and the season ' at least Muller is trying to raise his game and is scoring the same cannot be said of Meier, he might have been a football god in Germany but i cannot level a decent adjective for his performances thus far.

Pioesque

Link to post
7 minutes ago, Keithie said:

The A-League as a high level competition is rooted , the referees are of the lowest quality and are incapable of making correct decisions  , except the imported Iranian I think he is. The management of the league have been a disgrace and we are in Competition where the cheating of the salary cap is obvious to everybody re Sydney FC and they will continue to dominate this league while they are allowed to continually cheat the system , and this issue is publicly spoken about , ask Robbie Fowler.  

I am out , apart from the normal poor performance , our 7 Seats in Bay 214 were taken over by people with buy the tickets at the gate, , screaming kids , kids kicking the seats continually.

I have to agree, the referees are of such a low standard (apart from 1). It is obvious that certain teams are cheating the salary cap which makes the league unbalanced.

As a foundation member that followed the team interstate as well as overseas, I have to say I'm over it and as things stand I cannot see myself renewing my membership next year.

 

Link to post

On the team: 

There were parts that were ok, like the team-based attacks in the early part of the first half. Then there parts that weren’t so good, which are probably too numerous to list.

Every game is the same; not terrible, but not good. If only the team could pool the good from all their games and ditch the bad... Surely we’re owed a performance like that at some point, right?
 

On the refereeing and the A-League in general:

I’m pretty much over it. The inconsistencies from match to match and week to are doing my head in. I think I’ll stick primarily with the W-League for the foreseeable future; the standard of referring is a little better (well, they don’t blow the whistle as much, at least) plus they don’t have to worry about the VAR.

I’ll go to the derby at Kogarah Oval (I used my old man’s ESFC membership to get good, discounted seats in the shade, plus I want to see a good team play), but that’s probably it for me in terms of live games. I’ll otherwise stick with Kayo and, if I’m motivated, will continue to whinge here on the forum 🙂.

Link to post

Klopp and Guardiola could’ve both managed in partnership tonight and we still would’ve lost. The players need to pull their finger out because that was one of the most piss-poor efforts I’ve seen from a WSW side.

Our central defence is woeful. McGowan is too slow and Jurman is frequently walking or being generally lazy - meanwhile Ziegler was more interested in whinging to the ref every chance he got. He’s not even that good anyway, people declared him the second coming and he’s been no better than any other local centre half around the league. The 3 of them were like statues when Brisbane attacked with any pace up the middle. For three tall blokes, I reckon they would’ve been lucky to even contest, let alone win, 30-40% of the aerial encounters and balls into the box. Most of the time they’d wait to see what sort of nod on a Brisbane player would get before reacting. Little intensity going into tackles and 50/50’s, diving in rather than holding the attacker and going to ground when they got caught out. To cap it all off, we once again conceded due to ball watching on the far post.

I keep banging on about it but our strength and conditioning appears very underdone to me. We came out of the gates strong and within 20 mins looked like we could barely keep up an intensity which, lets be honest, was nothing special. Compare that to Sydney who kicked up a gear when going a man down last weekend. We’re not even in the same ballpark in regards to conditioning (or performance). Big questions need to be asked about this imo. 

I’ve come away disappointed from many WSW games but it’s rare I come away annoyed and feeling like I’ve been taken the piss out of for attending. That was pathetic. For me, tonight’s display is second only to the abysmal display in that 5-0 derby massacre. 

Georgevski and perhaps Duke were the only ones out there who looked like they gave a ****. The rest of them looked like they would rather be anywhere else. All this talk about Babel is disguising some very ordinary individual efforts over the past month. The players let their manager down tonight big time. Embarrassing.

Link to post
28 minutes ago, Beer said:

I’ll stop when the offenders return and apologise for their actions. 
 

Forgive, but never forget.

I can agree with some of what you're saying here, the comments about us winning the league were coming thick and fast from some corners, but it's not looking too crash hot now. 

Pre-season was the key for me, we didn't show anything to warrant these wild predictions. 

We'll miss finals this season, another big clean out is coming, next season will be a write-off due to the rebuild so maybe the season after that we're in with a shot.

Link to post

no more north european based footballers, euro leagues are winter and generally cold played on soft pitches, being mentioned a few times on this forum.

look at the temperatures of the last couple of games a young fit footballer would need to be in good condition to last an Australian season on hard pitches, let alone a 30 something from north euro leagues.

have to go back to basics somewhat, bring on the youngsters local and inject quality from hot countries only, obviously targeting and identifying that special talent is in itself a skilled discipline, might be rehashing older posts here but it sounds sensible as I'm typing it out.

change is a coming sadly, it has to or WSW will be left standing still or worse.

Link to post
5 hours ago, Neverbloom said:

last time i went it was much louder than before, i get it you have a loud PA system and an announcer who can scream loudly and often..........but this isnt a metal concert so please stop and if you are going to get someone to scream into the mic at least put on some awesome technical death metal or something :P

I don't think I'd be any good at technical death metal I'm sorry 🙁

Link to post
3 minutes ago, blameturner said:

I don't think I'd be any good at technical death metal I'm sorry 🙁

lol i am sorry i forgot it was you, i mean you do your job well but at least in my experience the PA system is still a bit too loud :P maybe i just dont remember how loud the old PA was though

Link to post
Just now, Neverbloom said:

lol i am sorry i forgot it was you, i mean you do your job well but at least in my experience the PA system is still a bit too loud :P maybe i just dont remember how loud the old PA was though

Hey don't worry it's totally cool. You don't need to apologise! I've been called worse 😂

I'm personally pretty aware how loud the PA system, it's mostly from what I've been told, to do with the stadium design. We're told to project loudly as normal speaking tone doesn't translate the same, it's actually almost inaudible! But from memory it's something to do with the stadium design and number of speakers.

If it's any consolation, I regularly blow my own ears out through my own ear piece 😂

Link to post

The quality of some of the football yesterday was woeful. Roar are ordinary and we are even worse. Topped off again by amateurish refereeing.   Poor all round  frustrating  to watch, not a good advertisment for the A  League. 

Some pretty dissalusioned fans right now ...me included. Been said already best stadium to watch  football and on recent performances  arguably one of the worst teams. Will be interesting to see crowd numbers in next few games.  Fan loyalty and being part of the WSW family is all well and good .  This only goes so far,,people like winners  and we haven't been winners for seasons now.  Discontent on forums like this and sure heard a fair bit at the game yesterday. It's good to vent and share frustrations dissapointment etc but eventually people will walk away perhaps for good.  Attendances drop memberships drop it's inevitable. Another team just round the corner too next season just adds another dimension.

We pay good money to watch WSW. We expect to be entertained, not sure entertainment us the word I would use to describe what we get served up ATM.

 

Link to post
2 minutes ago, jockman said:

The quality of some of the football yesterday was woeful. Roar are ordinary and we are even worse. Topped off again by amateurish refereeing.   Poor all round  frustrating  to watch, not a good advertisment for the A  League. 

Some pretty dissalusioned fans right now ...me included. Been said already best stadium to watch  football and on recent performances  arguably one of the worst teams. Will be interesting to see crowd numbers in next few games.  Fan loyalty and being part of the WSW family is all well and good .  This only goes so far,,people like winners  and we haven't been winners for seasons now.  Discontent on forums like this and sure heard a fair bit at the game yesterday. It's good to vent and share frustrations dissapointment etc but eventually people will walk away perhaps for good.  Attendances drop memberships drop it's inevitable. Another team just round the corner too next season just adds another dimension.

We pay good money to watch WSW. We expect to be entertained, not sure entertainment us the word I would use to describe what we get served up ATM.

 

entertainment, no

football support is about pain 

Edited by StringerBellend
Link to post

We played well for first 10 then did some impersonation of gombau ball aimless passing between CBs

They go forward and score 

sick of us blaming the refereeing, it’s not a conspiracy they are just crap 

second half was dreadful 

at least #nogrozosnoparty got a run, way too late but got a run 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...