Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 1/1/2020 7:30PM

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

We played well for first 10 then did some impersonation of gombau ball aimless passing between CBs

They go forward and score 

sick of us blaming the refereeing, it’s not a conspiracy they are just crap 

second half was dreadful 

at least #nogrozosnoparty got a run, way too late but got a run 

Completely agree.

I said the same thing 2 weeks ago when we complained about shitty VAR calls. The reason people are imagining a conspiracy is because we don’t punish teams like Brisbane by putting away half our chances, so when a DG handball or a 10 man goal occurs suddenly we think the refs are ******* with us.

I want a coach who doesn’t need every officiating call to go his way before he can claim the 3 points

23 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

entertainment, no

football support is about pain 

Indeed it is....you take the brief moments of joy ( full time at Adelaide last week when me and the lad were jumping all over) and hang on to them. I have put too much in to supporting WSW now to ever walk away i guess.

I did wonder if yesterdays game would be dreadful based on the previous roar home draw, which was also a shocker.

I havd had it with the refs / VAR. When the second penna was awarded last week i lost it a bit, i got tapped on the shoulder from behind and told to calm down lol I dont think i was close to getting kicked out of Coopers but who knows....i had just had enough and let rip...frustration with the ref and our inability to see a game out. I could see the end to that game coming and could see yesterdays game being shyte a mile off.

I am angry more than disillusioned, we ade such a poor side.

Meanwhile Boro have won 4 in a row over xmas and new year! 

Edited by Smoggy
38 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Completely agree.

I said the same thing 2 weeks ago when we complained about shitty VAR calls. The reason people are imagining a conspiracy is because we don’t punish teams like Brisbane by putting away half our chances, so when a DG handball or a 10 man goal occurs suddenly we think the refs are ******* with us.

I want a coach who doesn’t need every officiating call to go his way before he can claim the 3 points

We also invite trouble by pissing around with ball in our own half, if we actually started attacking maybe some of the dodgy pen calls would go our way

Edited by StringerBellend
7 hours ago, Frankos187 said:

Payout Meier (He’s marquee, so doesn’t affect cap), Move Duke to ST, Muller to the wing, bring in a new winger.

#Babbelout

7 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Meier follows in the tradition of our top import strikers. Dino and Pio.  Big target men with less moves than Michelangelo's David.

Alvaro Negredo is now available.

13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Need someone to keep good descriptive updates as flying blind tonight...no tv coverage where i am.

13 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

The ball is round, the players have numbers on their backs, there are 2 upright white posts with a white crossbar at each end of the field, .......

13 hours ago, Smoggy said:

You are predictable Ed :D

At least I tried! And I'm sure my words were descriptive such that you could see what I described in your mind's eye!

But in fairness to myself and everyone else, there were few if any words to adequately describe what followed to the standard you requested.

On the handball:

That is a definite penalty.

My understanding of the rule is that the arms must not make the player silhouette  "unnaturally bigger". Last I checked, our arms swung forward not backward about 150 degrees like Aldred did. The way his arm was, I could've sworn I was watching Olympic rhythmic gymnastics.

And then Bozza at half time saying "Well, it wasn't going into the goal anyway". So any other handball on the pitch is OK then because "the ball isn't going into the goal"?

Many of the players appear to have bought into this conspiracy theory of us being unfairly targeted (DG, PZ, PS, etc.) and once a player finds a external justification or something to blame rather than accept their own performance then you're in trouble. The reason is because grit (mentality for some) is the combination of passion + perseverance, and once you take away the reason to persevere (because it's outside of your control) you end up with apathy/acceptance.

The biggest f up that Babbel has done is give his players an excuse - that he's backed to protect his own job.

10 hours ago, WHACKO said:

I think what is most concerning is what we do with Meier.... he moves like a cruise liner.

I dont mean to be unkind, but thats a great analogy.

As I watched him last night, I was thinking a draught horse. It's painful watching him walk, let alone run.

As for in the air, I saw him jump for a ball and miss virtually every time. :(

It's horrible  to say it, but I feel sorry for our players. :(:(

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

“Offenders”

How dare they post positive about WSW on a WSW forum 

Actively encouraging others to gamble their own money on a whim is a pretty shady act, don’t try and act ignorant here. 

They even started a thread dedicated to posting different websites odds for f*ck sake. Get a grip. 

1 minute ago, Beer said:

Actively encouraging others to gamble their own money on a whim is a pretty shady act, don’t try and act ignorant here. 

They even started a thread dedicated to posting different websites odds for f*ck sake. Get a grip. 

We all have this thing within us called....."free will". It's like candidates in an election........you can choose to believe what they say..........or not believe........ the same with those promoting you to gamble.

The final decision is up to the individual. 

Firstly, Schwegler's handball against the nix was not a penalty and neither was this one but as with A-League officials there is no consistency so if they are going to call Schwegler's handball as a pen then they should have call this one as a pen as well.

Secondly, what is it with us taking the lead and somehow just lose it from there? We were dominant for 10minutes and some how the Roar found their mojo and back into the game. Babbel keeps talking about mentality but 1 or 2 players have shown it. The rest seem to just go through the motion and didn't look like they want to be there last night.

As for the tactics last night, that 5-3-2 formation looked very risky by playing only 1 midfielder, Sullivan couldn't do everything on his own, Roar pretty much knew going through the middle was going to be a walk in the park, Holloway and Inman probably had their easiest game of the season against us.

The players don't look arsed anymore, some of the players look like they have given up on the season, I am not sure if bringing any new players would help to improve our squad.

12 minutes ago, sonar said:

We all have this thing within us called....."free will". It's like candidates in an election........you can choose to believe what they say..........or not believe........ the same with those promoting you to gamble.

I knew we should have signed Nietzsche when he was available

:P

10 minutes ago, sonar said:

Beside the point. 

If I came up to you on the street and told you to take these “fantastic drugs” you might say no thanks the first time. 

But if I kept following you, encouraging, even imploring you to take those drugs, you’d get to the point where you’d be telling me in pretty colourful ways to f*ck off. 

What about if you had your kids around, or maybe your friend who’s a recovering drug addict? You might even get a bit defensive on their behalf. 

Long story short, I’m not a fan of some people actively encouraging, imploring, others to spend their hard earned money on magic **** beans - ie - a total load of German sh*t.

Just now, SBW said:

Firstly, Schwegler's handball against the nix was not a penalty and neither was this one but as with A-League officials there is no consistency so if they are going to call Schwegler's handball as a pen then they should have call this one as a pen as well.

Secondly, what is it with us taking the lead and somehow just lose it from there? We were dominant for 10minutes and some how the Roar found their mojo and back into the game. Babbel keeps talking about mentality but 1 or 2 players have shown it. The rest seem to just go through the motion and didn't look like they want to be there last night.

As for the tactics last night, that 5-3-2 formation looked very risky by playing only 1 midfielder, Sullivan couldn't do everything on his own, Roar pretty much knew going through the middle was going to be a walk in the park, Holloway and Inman probably had their easiest game of the season against us.

The players don't look arsed anymore, some of the players look like they have given up on the season, I am not sure if bringing any new players would help to improve our squad.

I thought we played a 4-3-3 last night with Ziegler as a DM. Grozos played better last night for his cameo

Perhaps, Ziegler should partner Schwegler in DM. Sullivan to AM, Muller to RM and Yeboah to ST

12 minutes ago, Generator said:

I don’t want to pour fuel on the fire, but here goes... Beer, what is the problem? Why can’t other fans enthusiastically support the coach, and then make that support clear on a forum managed a fan for other fans to share their views? Did you hate all individuals who supports anything with that level of enthusiasm, or is there something personal at play here that you just can’t let go for some unknown reason?

The others haven’t posted for quite some time. Just let the bloody thing go for FFS.

Generator, 

My problem, which I would’ve thought was pretty clear by now, is that I don’t appreciate people telling others how to spend their money. Particularly when those people are telling them to spend it by way of gambling. Chance. Luck. 

If you must know (and I suppose I’ve spouted enough crap by now that I must at least give some context), I’ve personally witnessed a very close friend have their family torn apart due to addictions involving gambling. Without going into too much detail, my friend became a very different person, and while I’ve been working very hard with him, I feel we haven’t been the same since. 

Now, whilst I completely understand that this is an open public forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinion; I am firmly of the belief that encouraging dangerous acts on such an open public forum, where there could be all sorts of different people with problems involving addictions etc, is a big no no. 

I don’t hate anyone involved. I just think it’s quite cowardly for those people involved to behave in such a manner, and then vanish. And I will continue to act in this manner until they come back, man up, own their actions and apologise. 

2 hours ago, 102megan said:

Once again, the highlight was off the field - bumping into/ catching up with several of you forumites last night! 

I have no positive comments about the game itself. 

Except maybe Grozos’s “almost goal” - but “almost goals” don’t win us games...

The almost goal was cute, but as you said, fairly useless.

Grozos disappointed me again last night. A few very standard passes in small spaces and he put all of them to Roar players feet.

I know some here rate him but I haven’t seen much from him yet. The upside is he should get lots of game time second half of the season if Baccus gets sold. Baccus had a few average games early but played into form. If Grozos is as good as people say then he clearly needs 10-12 games to get it happening

Re Beer's post above.

It's good to clear the air here, I think. It's good to have a perspective on your anger and bitterness, Beer.

Are you really sure that the encouragement to gamble on the team's success (which I actually don't remember) came from those you keep referring to?

Rather than that some throwaway line might have been some sort of rhetorical device to express excitement and enthusiasm for the team (as in "you can bet your house on it")?

I do certainly remember the enthusiasm and confidence. But I honestly honestly cannot in my wildest dreams imagine the most enthusiastic of the former forumites advocating gambling on the team.

He's a counsellor (as we know from his many posts in the Mental Health Thread) and would see the harms done by gambling.

21 minutes ago, Beer said:

Generator, 

My problem, which I would’ve thought was pretty clear by now, is that I don’t appreciate people telling others how to spend their money. Particularly when those people are telling them to spend it by way of gambling. Chance. Luck. 

If you must know (and I suppose I’ve spouted enough crap by now that I must at least give some context), I’ve personally witnessed a very close friend have their family torn apart due to addictions involving gambling. Without going into too much detail, my friend became a very different person, and while I’ve been working very hard with him, I feel we haven’t been the same since. 

Now, whilst I completely understand that this is an open public forum, and everyone is entitled to their opinion; I am firmly of the belief that encouraging dangerous acts on such an open public forum, where there could be all sorts of different people with problems involving addictions etc, is a big no no. 

I don’t hate anyone involved. I just think it’s quite cowardly for those people involved to behave in such a manner, and then vanish. And I will continue to act in this manner until they come back, man up, own their actions and apologise. 

Beer, I appreciate your honesty and I agree with you over the harms gambling can do. I do recall some discussion of a few forumites over the odds at the beginning of the season for WSW to win. I do not however recall any “imploring” and people with gambling issues are not usually influenced by such discussions when there is much bigger encouragement to gamble inbuilt in sports advertising. 

The person you speak of was, extremely enthusiastic about the team at the beginning of the season and we perhaps were all excited by their confidence but I do hope you are not advocating for us censoring our comments, our confidence and our content to such an extent as to stop certain topics from being expressed??

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Re Beer's post above.

It's good to clear the air here, I think. It's good to have a perspective on your anger and bitterness, Beer.

Are you really sure that the encouragement to gamble on the team's success (which I actually don't remember) came from those you keep referring to?

Rather than that some throwaway line might have been some sort of rhetorical device to express excitement and enthusiasm for the team (as in "you can bet your house on it")?

I do certainly remember the enthusiasm and confidence. But I honestly honestly cannot in my wildest dreams imagine the most enthusiastic of the former forumites advocating gambling on the team.

He's a counsellor, and would see the harms done by gambling.

This Beer gambling thing is just a smother , there appears to be some obsession with FCB and Manfred. Anyway onto other more important things.

The rumblings about  " Babbels Rabble " are getting louder and louder. Is it time for another letter from Mr. Lederer about our glorious future and and the Boards real estate investment the presumptuously named " Centre of Excellence."  I really dont give a tuppenny stuff about 9 football pitches. and other embellishments.

Sydney United , Marconi and Sydney Olympic  produced Socceroos by the dozen without this grand real estate investment.

The only future in football is the next 90 minutes and the only measure of success is silverware , something our hated easterly neighbors have learnt , but we cant see the forest for the trees, Will we ever win anything with the current Board / management - I doubt it. 

9 minutes ago, Beer said:

I’ll let you do your own research and come to your own conclusions Wendy. 

I’m not here to put false ideas in anyone’s heads. 

Where, mate?

There is a gambling thread I think?

Or just scattered in amongst other early threads?

7 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Beer, I appreciate your honesty and I agree with you over the harms gambling can do. I do recall some discussion of a few forumites over the odds at the beginning of the season for WSW to win. I do not however recall any “imploring” and people with gambling issues are not usually influenced by such discussions when there is much bigger encouragement to gamble inbuilt in sports advertising. 

The person you speak of was, extremely enthusiastic about the team at the beginning of the season and we perhaps were all excited by their confidence but I do hope you are not advocating for us censoring our comments, our confidence and our content to such an extent as to stop certain topics from being expressed??

Would never advocate for censoring of comments, or anything for that matter. Anyone on this forum has their right to write whatever they like. 

But I’m sure as hell gonna make it known when I so strongly disagree with the views being expressed. Am I wrong to do so?

Send Meier out to train on field 11 for the rest of the season, we are better off with him not on the field, how can they say he is still gaining fitness, it's not November, its bloody January.

On the VAR and the calls, if i read one more time that we had a 50/50 go our way back in round 3 so we should just suck it up, im going to unplug the internet.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

Where, mate?

There is a gambling thread I think?

Or just scattered in amongst other early threads?

There are threads, there are post histories you can check. im not here to do your homework for you, miss. 😉

And that is all I will have to say on the matter for now.