Jump to content

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Brisbane Roar 1/1/2020 7:30PM


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Beer said:

Would never advocate for censoring of comments, or anything for that matter. Anyone on this forum has their right to write whatever they like. 
 

But I’m sure as hell gonna make it known when I so strongly disagree with the views being expressed. Am I wrong to do so?

Sure mate, express yourself. As will I. 

Link to post

There is one more issue I will raise.

The officiating by Alex King.  when free kicks were not given the team didn't do what we tell our youngsters and that is play to the whistle and it was like they mentally subsided.

This is our 5th game under King and we have lost 4 out 5 with him this season. Plus he a dubious penalty to Melb Vic in the game we won. 

Time for the club to put in a complaint to Delovski. And the FFA put King up as the poster boy.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Beer said:

Actively encouraging others to gamble their own money on a whim is a pretty shady act, don’t try and act ignorant here. 
 

They even started a thread dedicated to posting different websites odds for f*ck sake. Get a grip. 

I thought I was the woke PC gone mad loon round here

Link to post
12 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

There is one more issue I will raise.

The officiating by Alex King.  when free kicks were not given the team didn't do what we tell our youngsters and that is play to the whistle and it was like they mentally subsided.

This is our 5th game under King and we have lost 4 out 5 with him this season. Plus he a dubious penalty to Melb Vic in the game we won. 

Time for the club to put in a complaint to Delovski. And the FFA put King up as the poster boy.

We’ve lost our games under every referee 

Link to post
8 hours ago, blameturner said:

Hey don't worry it's totally cool. You don't need to apologise! I've been called worse 😂

I'm personally pretty aware how loud the PA system, it's mostly from what I've been told, to do with the stadium design. We're told to project loudly as normal speaking tone doesn't translate the same, it's actually almost inaudible! But from memory it's something to do with the stadium design and number of speakers.

If it's any consolation, I regularly blow my own ears out through my own ear piece 😂

lol that does make sense, i do remember with the old PA system you just couldnt hear anything, most of my complaints are because i am old and grumpy :P the kids really do get into the countdown and things like that and how dare they have any fun :P

Link to post

Wow. Just wow.

Thought I'd wait a bit till I cooled down before coming on here.

My thoughts on the game can be summed up in a word, MEDIOCRE.

One gets a clearer picture of the game being at the stadium and it only reinforced what i already thought, there really is no game plan. 

The team moves the ball sooooo slow, and worse than that, no one runs off the ball or tries to lose their marker. Really sad to see at this level.

Babbel is way too passive and inactive. No wonder the team plays the way they do! 

Yes the ref was crap but we don't control that. We can however control the way we play. 

Babbel hasn't justified his being here.

Link to post
2 minutes ago, Neverbloom said:

lol that does make sense, i do remember with the old PA system you just couldnt hear anything, most of my complaints are because i am old and grumpy :P the kids really do get into the countdown and things like that and how dare they have any fun :P

Haha it's alright. I'm old and grumpy too. The real pub test is @102megan's opinion because I remember she very much despised the old announcer 😂 

Between you and me, I hated the ground announcers of old. And now I've become everything I hate 😂 cheers to being grumpy and cynical! (Although I've been specifically told I can't reflect that on camera 😂).

Link to post
8 minutes ago, blameturner said:

Haha it's alright. I'm old and grumpy too. The real pub test is @102megan's opinion because I remember she very much despised the old announcer 😂 

Between you and me, I hated the ground announcers of old. And now I've become everything I hate 😂 cheers to being grumpy and cynical! (Although I've been specifically told I can't reflect that on camera 😂).

I did love the oblique reference to VAR in the half running thingy where some guy runs his guts out for a jersey.  I laughed when you referred it to VAR.  Assume it was not so veiled reference to the lack of VAR and the non-penalty call?

Link to post
Just now, BoyFromTheWest said:

I did love the oblique reference to VAR in the half running thingy where some guy runs his guts out for a jersey.  I laughed when you referred it to VAR.  Assume it was not so veiled reference to the lack of VAR and the non-penalty call?

You bet 😂

Link to post
12 hours ago, WSWJACK said:

While we are at it, when Baccus and Schweigler back would you keep Ziegler in DM alongside PS or drop him back to defence? or to bench?

thought first half he was doing okay then the collective were not performing to their abilities second period, believe he is a better DM than centre half myself.

Yes and push swegs into a more CAM role, baccus is out for a month so he will probably fill that role, drop meier play both Duke and Muller in actual position. 

Wasn't impressed by last night and getting to the point where I don't want to go to home games just to be embarrassed and leaving pissed off. 

Link to post

I actually can understand you better than the previous announcer and listen for the not-so-oblique references in your comments.  I was watching Tats talk at half time and it must be hard because your voice on the PA is about 5 minutes (well a couple of seconds at least) behind the actual conversation you are having and the sound booms back at you like a very late echo.

 

Link to post
6 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

I actually can understand you better than the previous announcer and listen for the not-so-oblique references in your comments.  I was watching Tats talk at half time and it must be hard because your voice on the PA is about 5 minutes (well a couple of seconds at least) behind the actual conversation you are having and the sound booms back at you like a very late echo.

 

That's really good to hear thank you! 

You're right. It's about a 1-2 second delay. You actually get used to it. We have an ear piece that projects our mics into our ears in real time so we don't get drowned out by our own voice so the actual PA becomes background noise. Thankfully.

Link to post
2 hours ago, Generator said:

I don’t want to pour fuel on the fire, but here goes... Beer, what is the problem? Why can’t other fans enthusiastically support the coach, and then make that support clear on a forum managed a fan for other fans to share their views? Did you hate all individuals who supports anything with that level of enthusiasm, or is there something personal at play here that you just can’t let go for some unknown reason?

The others haven’t posted for quite some time. Just let the bloody thing go for FFS.

i will just say my final piece on this, i love seeing positivity on the forum its so rare and they is so much negativity(mostly coming from me :P ) but they pretty much abused anyone who disagreed with them, there was no disagreeing with them even if it was respectful disagreement because it just led to abuse, that is the issue for me, if they come on the forum again i got one blocked and the other is more easy to ignore so i wont be starting any fights with them but it was very poor, in all my time on this forum i have seen a lot of people disagree but its usually pretty respectful while they just forgot about respect.

 

they had one narrative and if you disagreed with it then you were open to ridicule or abuse which is not ideal but it was a while ago i am over it but i do not blame others for not being over it

Link to post
49 minutes ago, blameturner said:

Haha it's alright. I'm old and grumpy too. The real pub test is @102megan's opinion because I remember she very much despised the old announcer 😂 

Between you and me, I hated the ground announcers of old. And now I've become everything I hate 😂 cheers to being grumpy and cynical! (Although I've been specifically told I can't reflect that on camera 😂).

lol well as an announcer you do bring energy so you are not always old and grumpy :P

Link to post
9 hours ago, blameturner said:

Hey don't worry it's totally cool. You don't need to apologise! I've been called worse 😂

I'm personally pretty aware how loud the PA system, it's mostly from what I've been told, to do with the stadium design. We're told to project loudly as normal speaking tone doesn't translate the same, it's actually almost inaudible! But from memory it's something to do with the stadium design and number of speakers.

If it's any consolation, I regularly blow my own ears out through my own ear piece 😂

Hey Turner

So are you the sound guy these days - responsible for it all???

If so, that's exciting to know! :woah:

Some questions, if I may

1. What happened to our goal music last night ?:sorry:

2. Is there discussion about a Walkout Song, within the club - which we can sing to....rather than the unspecified noise we've had (altho I'd rather that than silence/ no noise - sorry Goat - you should bring ear plugs to games :xnod:).

3. If the answer is yes to Qu 2, what is the process involved in experimenting with/selecting something to enhance atmosphere.

PS Now isn't the time, I know. We need a competitive team before we need anything else.

I think things might get worse, atmosphere-wise, before they get better,  and the stadium atmosphere picks up, because we will hopefully have a team to get excited about some time in the future.

:):)

 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hey Turner

So are you the sound guy these days - responsible for it all???

If so, that's exciting to know! :woah:

Some questions, if I may

1. What happened to our goal music last night ?:sorry:

2. Is there discussion about a Walkout Song, within the club - which we can sing to....rather than the unspecified noise we've had (altho I'd rather that than silence/ no noise - sorry Goat - you should bring ear plugs to games :xnod:).

3. If the answer is yes to Qu 2, what is the process involved in experimenting with/selecting something to enhance atmosphere.

PS Now isn't the time, I know. We need a competitive team before we need anything else.

I think things might get worse, atmosphere-wise, before they get better,  and the stadium atmosphere picks up, because we will hopefully have a team to get excited about some time in the future.

:):)

 

hey if the music is good then i am happy with walk out music, maybe onefour............seriously though i loved when we played metallica wherever i may roam as the walkout song, even BLKKK SKKKN HEAD by Kayne west had a tonne of energy(just listen to the intro to that song its just pure energy) so i dont hate the music all the time :P but the kayne west song is not something anyone can really sing along to but still loved the energy it brought

 

 

Link to post
11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Hey Turner

So are you the sound guy these days - responsible for it all???

If so, that's exciting to know! :woah:

Some questions, if I may

1. What happened to our goal music last night ?:sorry:

2. Is there discussion about a Walkout Song, within the club - which we can sing to....rather than the unspecified noise we've had (altho I'd rather that than silence/ no noise - sorry Goat - you should bring ear plugs to games :xnod:).

3. If the answer is yes to Qu 2, what is the process involved in experimenting with/selecting something to enhance atmosphere.

PS Now isn't the time, I know. We need a competitive team before we need anything else.

I think things might get worse, atmosphere-wise, before they get better,  and the stadium atmosphere picks up, because we will hopefully have a team to get excited about some time in the future.

:):)

 

Haha yep! It's Tatiyana and myself! Andy P may join us from time to time.

What happened to the Goal Music? Was none played? 

2. That unspecific noise is just before walkout. It's just after a "pump-up" segment we have which some people get into, and drone shots of the crowd. I think the design is to indicate and show the crowd getting amped just prior to walkout. I know previously the walkout itself has no music so the RBB can do it's thing, one was done this week because numbers were low.

I can relay some requests if you want :) just reach out anytime!

Link to post

with muscat looking like he has an o/s gig lined up I can't see any point in sacking babbel now. there is no obvious local replacement (that I can see/think of) so it would be another foreign appointment who would spend the rest of the season confused by the league (scheduling, reffing, cap, visa system, heat etc) and it would be a waste of time and money for very little benefit as I reckon most of the players will be gone before the start of next year anyway.

Link to post
3 hours ago, SBW said:

Secondly, what is it with us taking the lead and somehow just lose it from there?

I believe it's probably something to do with a phenomenon called psychological collective collapse but happy to be corrected.

At a high performance levels scoring first or taking a lead floods the body with dopamine, but dopamine doesn't just make us happy, it also generates lots of emotion. In sport, emotion is a performance killer believe it or not, because emotions distract performance and it becomes just as important to calm down as it is to ramp up. 

When you combine emotion with past experiences of failure after scoring first you end up with a defensive cocktail of fear, that then makes you ridged and apprehensive, hence you get scored against.

Link to post

we are an emotional wreck as a team. teams tend to take on the persona of their manager over time. we lose and MB goes to the press conference and swears, blames others and carries on and our team follows suit on the field. this is why we give up leads, give away poor, soft goals and don't handle adversity at all. it has happened week after week.

compare that to popa's determined stoicism which was reflected on the field with resilience to stay mentally tough and solid even when negative stuff was happening which allowed us to win games we probably shouldn't have - under MB it is the opposite.

Link to post
Quote

Haha yep! It's Tatiyana and myself! Andy P may join us from time to time.

What happened to the Goal Music? Was none played? 

2. That unspecific noise is just before walkout. It's just after a "pump-up" segment we have which some people get into, and drone shots of the crowd. I think the design is to indicate and show the crowd getting amped just prior to walkout. I know previously the walkout itself has no music so the RBB can do it's thing, one was done this week because numbers were low.

I can relay some requests if you want :) just reach out anytime!

Music to my ears! :good:

No goal celebration that I heard last night..and Song 2 has been perfect this season. 

The "pump up" stuff is good! Not to everyone's liking, no doubt, but I certainly think we need "pumping up" - for sure.

It always makes me laugh to see (on the big screen) the enthusiasm some people - and not just kids - put into it!

RBB doesnt carry past half way at this stadium, and barely did so at the old stadium either, which members of the RBB wouldn't realise, altho it's been discussed here heaps over the years.

Plus the lag means that a walkout can only be delivered stadium wide, in unison, over the PA.

As audio people, you'd  be well aware of that.

It will be a difficult challenge to find something familiar, singable, and accepted by the majority.

But now might be worth trying some things, to decide upon for next season?

I liked "the noise" after the indigenous smoking ceremony and performance on didgeridoo..and sort of thought it was related to that,  at the start of the season.

I can see what it's meant to do (build atmosphere) and as I said, to me it's better than the team walking out to a vacuum of sound/silence.

You may be aware of the Thread where this has been discussed for years?

I'll go find it - and the dicussion could continue over there.

Thanks - and it's great we have direct access to you guys!

:):)

Link to post
18 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I believe it's probably something to do with a phenomenon called psychological collective collapse but happy to be corrected.

At a high performance levels scoring first or taking a lead floods the body with dopamine, but dopamine doesn't just make us happy, it also generates lots of emotion. In sport, emotion is a performance killer believe it or not, because emotions distract performance and it becomes just as important to calm down as it is to ramp up. 

When you combine emotion with past experiences of failure after scoring first you end up with a defensive cocktail of fear, that then makes you ridged and apprehensive, hence you get scored against.

Basically we are just shy@te   ???

Link to post
19 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

I believe it's probably something to do with a phenomenon called psychological collective collapse but happy to be corrected.

At a high performance levels scoring first or taking a lead floods the body with dopamine, but dopamine doesn't just make us happy, it also generates lots of emotion. 

Pretty sure we've all suffered this, or something like it, since the ACL final.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...