Time To Go Babbel After 2-0 Loss To Nix

19 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

there is plenty of criticism that can be leveled at JT/Lederer & co but I don't think you can lay this season's failures at their feet. they coughed up big $ for a big name coach and multiple bundesliga players as well as a couple of fringe or former socceroos - what more could they realistically have done?

the failure is squarely on babbel and the players - in terms of reputation and on paper ability this is one of the best squads we have had - probably on a par with the alberto/andreu adelaide GF team.

Babbel has been an abject failure in molding these players into anything resembling a coherent, competent and organised team - he owns this and I suspect he is about to pay the price.

Upper managements job isn't just to release money to the coach. 

The owners and especially John Tsatsimas set the culture and direction of the whole club. Since they've been in charge, we've gotten progressively worse on the field almost across the board with the exception of this seasons women. Even off the field the club has not exactly been run well (letter to the fans just prior to the Arsenal match a couple of seasons ago). 

Now we can't do anything about the owners, but John Tsatsimas is employed like anyone else, time for a change at the top. 

4 minutes ago, matty said:

Upper managements job isn't just to release money to the coach. 

The owners and especially John Tsatsimas set the culture and direction of the whole club. Since they've been in charge, we've gotten progressively worse on the field almost across the board with the exception of this seasons women. Even off the field the club has not exactly been run well (letter to the fans just prior to the Arsenal match a couple of seasons ago). 

Now we can't do anything about the owners, but John Tsatsimas is employed like anyone else, time for a change at the top. 

So how do you account for the difference between Wander women and everything about them this season and the A League Team?

3 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

So how do you account for the difference between Wander women and everything about them this season and the A League Team?

Get your imports right and a coach which a plan. I’m looking forward to go out and watch the W League game tomorrow credit to them they are playing ace footy 

oh and the have signed a gem in kyra Cooney

Edited by StringerBellend
7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’ll probably calm down later but who deserves to be resigned?

We just can't keep turning over players ever year. We need some loyalty and whose to say we can get better than what we've got. Especially with the Australian players. If we keep turning over players eventually we won't be able to attract quality players.

Georgievski, Yeboah and Ziegler are contracted till 20/21 and McGowan till 21/22. Off those four at this stage the only one I would keep would be Georgievski. Unless we can do something with the others then these four will be with us for a start.

42 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

There is a thousand variables changing all the time. One depertment having moderate success (just a partial season so far) as a one off means little. For example, you could have a brilliant coach that has recruited well and managed to shield their team from poor management/culture. It could be the new recruits that got off on the right foot and haven't been dragged down (yet). Could be both and then anything else. 

Much more helpful to look at the constants when failure is concerned. 

We've come 6th, 7th, 8th and currently 9th. This is with three different coaches. John Tsatsimas has been in the driver's seat all along. 

The women have generally been last or thereabouts and the youth have dipped (although I do consider their results somewhat outside the club culture in general). 

Let me flip the question, why should Tsatsimas NOT be held responsible? He is the leader. If the Wanderers were any other business (just helps to think of it this way at times) all eyes would be on him. The owners, they may be terrible (?) but they can't be fired. The CEO of the whole thing is in the drivers seat as we run off the road and show no signs of slowing. He is overseasing various 'departments' with the goal (primarily) of outputting success on the field. He has abjectly failed at this. 

There could be thousands of reasons for the clubs failures but simply put, they are Tsatsimas' responsibility to deal with. He hasn't done so effectively, at all. 

Time to go. 

Dismal performance. Plagued by a weak midfield and no solution to a lack of 10. 

Babbel has no apparent solution or plan, players are poorly positioned on both sides of the ball and this is why they individually look so terrible. 

We should have been playing a simple  4-4-2 weeks ago with Sullivan at 10, Muller out wide and Meier and Duke up top. At least tighten up the middle of the park and put weapons were they belong. 

Their ain’t no shining lights coming from the kids , the only shining light is Sullivan , he showed some skill and fire and the team seemed to lift,for when he come on.

sadly it it is the outcome of building a tin shed and a couple of pitches And 11 million bucks later we are no where in the youth going great with the girls and a friggin disaster for the one that matters

Only watched the first 30 before going to cricket. Thank god.

Babbel is leading us to the bottom of the table. Surely there is an interim coach who could arrest the decline. Or just go with no coach at all, there seems to be little to gain by having Babbel there. Maybe an inanimate carbon rod would do the trick.

4 minutes ago, JackDoff said:

I’ll take over....I’ve taken Forest Green to the Championship in 2 seasons , won the FA Cup , against Arsenal, AND the Charity Shield against Man City!  :xnod:

HEY!  I couldn’t be any worse than Babbel!  :meep:

You genuinely couldn’t. Those first three wins were extremely lucky, with a lot of grit against SFC.

If we chucked you in for the 28 games, you could probably luck into 5-6 wins.