mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread 2

Babble Sackwatch Vote 2  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should WSW Sack Babbel

• Yes, sack him.
    • No, do not sack him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/01/20 at 09:39 AM

Unfortunately I think time is up for Babbel.

i’ve seen lots of calls for JT and Lederer to go too. Can I please understand why a bit more? Is there something we don’t know going on behind behind the scenes? What is the club culture like?

reason I ask is that I remember When Lyle was CEO he had that ability to tell Lowy to go get farked in regard to when making big decisions. Is Lederer another Lowy (I.e. control freak)? And Does JT have full power to make decisions or is Lederer interfering too much?

Edited by Jowel

As they say the fish rots from the head 

2 minutes ago, Jowel said:

Unfortunately I think time is up for Babbel.

i’ve seen lots of calls for JT and Lederer to go too. Can I please understand why a bit more? Is there something we don’t know going on behind behind the scenes? What is the club culture like?

reason I ask is that I remember When Lyle was CEO he had that ability to tell Lowy to go get farked in regard to when making big decisions. Is Lederer another Lowy (I.e. control freak)? And Does JT have full power to make decisions or is Lederer interfering too much?

We have shown patches of outstanding play and moments of mediocrity. Unfortunately it's the latter that is occuring with too much regularity. For me it's on the manager(s). It's the managers job to prepare the team to play and it's on the pitch where you see whether he is up to the job. Babbel isn't.

24 minutes ago, Jowel said:

When Lyle was CEO he had that ability to tell Lowy to go get farked in regard to when making big decisions

Once the FFA appointed him, Lowy would be required to stay out of the daily management to avoid conflicts of interest. I'm fairly sure the only major involvement of the FFA after they put us together was approving the cost of Ono as a marquee. Gorman would also have put in his contract that he was in charge (along with his nice bonus after Lederer bought WSW off his mate Lowy).

I think he is done, given himself too much to do.

Only question is if before or after the derby.

Should get sacked now, this allows for the replacement coach to sign the players he wants since the window to sign players next season has opened. 

Enough is enough.....time to go.

I am expecting a statement from the club nn Monday if not I wonder if a fan protest is possible.

I would be happy to go to the w-league game and then leave.

10 minutes ago, tardotz said:

I am expecting a statement from the club nn Monday if not I wonder if a fan protest is possible.

That's a good idea, a bigger crowd for the women than the men would be awesome 

Still on the fence...

But if we were to sack him, we would need a caretaker coach to steady the ship til the end of the season so that gives the management time to look for a new coach.

8 hours ago, tardotz said:

I think fans are already protesting

Vote with their feet and attendances below 10k. That should ring alarm bells in the club.

Dont expect any statement from the club. I suspect they are very reluctant to act and are not there yet.

If we win the next game they will use that to limp  on for another month stating after the win 'how good it feels' and ' back on right track', only to be  rubbish again the next game.

Its feels like we are stuck  this awful limbo and the season is drifting away and the club are clinging on to the hope it improves.

They have had their heads stuck in the sand for 4 seasons, or just praying that a new stadium will fix everything. Nothing is changing and slowly the life and soul is being sucked out of the club.

Expect nothing tomorrow.

Edited by Smoggy

Despite the disappointing performance, we are still only 1 win away from jumping to 5th or possibly 6th, depending on results

If we lose to Perth next week and start losing distance with the top 6 then that’s when they’ll pull the trigger

Regardless, if we don’t make the semis this season, Babbel will be let go

As some have already said, who’s waiting in the wings to take charge? Plus a lot of this is on the players, not just the manager/coach or the leadership group at the club, so I’m not convinced that the removal of Babbel at this point would achieve anything.

I’m on the ‘wait till the end of the season’ train. Even if some signings are made between now and then, there’ll still be plenty of scope for a new manager of the men’s team (if one is needed) to re-train the team and make some new signings from the limited pool of players available. Our team has been rubbish before, and to be frank we are definitely in the same camp as the Sea Bogans and Jets (good for a time, otherwise bad) than teams like Adelaide (let alone the Victory and ESFC), so what’s one more season down at the bottom of the table? Who knows, we might finally get that wooden spoon!

As for the players, I’m with Bozza - play the youth alongside those senior players who are committed on the pitch (except for Yeboah, who puts in a shift but has definitely lost any skill he may have once had). In particular they need to get rid of Ziegler, who’s a bigger whinger than me/Dawson, and play someone who might actually learn from their mistakes and grow as a player. I’m not too fussed about Meier; I can almost see what he can bring if properly deployed, but clearly it’s been a tougher ask for him to get up to speed in the Australian summer than he and Babbel expected.

Im over it , we've been in the bottom half of the ladder ever since we left parra , now back at parra and nothing has changed , im sick of losing , im sick of this club being a joke , fmd esfc are almost 20pts away from us in a 11 team comp fmd that's embarrassing, man saying we're only 2 pts from top 6 and we could still play NRL/finals at the end of the season, then get knocked out 1st game , woweee what a achievement 🤦‍♂️ thats what the clowns JT and Lederer see as a good season 🙃🔫 

3 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Despite the disappointing performance, we are still only 1 win away from jumping to 5th or possibly 6th, depending on results

If we lose to Perth next week and start losing distance with the top 6 then that’s when they’ll pull the trigger

Regardless, if we don’t make the semis this season, Babbel will be let go

Waiting till we're out of reach would be the worst time to let him go. We need a plan put in effect now while finals are still possible.

Personally I couldn't care less about 'finals'. Sounds like a singing group getting excited about 'regionals' or something. 

I want to be first, the best. We should be feared by every club, they should almost give up the three points just knowing they need to face us. Instead, that's what ESFC are. Personally I have no interest in making up the numbers, if the ambitions this club has spouted mean anything, then there needs to be a clean out from the top. 

Edited by matty

I just want what popa use to deliver a team that plays that heart out, leaves in on the pitch and if it’s not good enough it’s not good enough 

it’s interesting because babbel was this type of player for whatever reason he can’t get the players to do that outside a few like duke, georgevski, Sullivan and schwegler 

Ssckwatch Thread Two. Epic. Like Marvel. I'm still for let the season play out in the face of overwhelming evidence of deteriorating. Insanity is etc etc. I'm for once with Generator on this one. JT called me last year after I once again complained about something and I said don't worry next season with the new ground we'll be the hottest ticket in the country. He didn't share my enthusiasm and it perplexed me. Guess he anticipated something I didn't. Let's claw back a draw with Perth and win at Kogarah then all will be forgiven. 

The only reason Babbel is in charge is because there is no one else at the moment. I know what the altenative is and unless were going for a manager in NPL the choices are quiet slim

4 hours ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

so the forum made A-league memes

Thanks to 'Jack Gibson'.

How sad would you have to be to make fake accounts.

Luckily I found out who Jack Gibson is, they tripped up using a term that old fake account uses - but did it under their real name.

i really do think that it is a good time to put in a local manager who will be at the head of a long term project to bring through the academy players that we have at the club. Instead of chopping and changing year to year - put someone in - preferably a young manager rather than a re-tread like merrick - and tell the fans it is a 3 year project to rebuild and repair the mess created by annual (and often even twice a year) squad cleanouts over the past few years rather than mislead fans and claim we are aiming for top two when it is obvious we are nowhere near. keep the senior players who actually give a stuff (duke, georgievski, sullivan) & extend their deals for the 3 years.

I know he is inexperienced but someone like Luke Wilkshire is worth considering. Doing a great job at the wolves, ex-socceroo with contacts pretty far and wide to recruit players and someone who understood the game as a player and got the absolute most out of his ability (the sort of player that usually makes the best coach).

We need a long term vision here rather than a splashy quick fix appointment to try to win the press conference - no matter who we bring in, the issues at the club aren't going to be fixed overnight.

Edited by lloydy136

What are we talking about youth players coming into the team , Wilmering gone for awhile, Grozos no good = NPL player , Tas Mourdakutis  had his chances and cant hold the CB position maybe next year, Baccus already there, Mo Adam on Saturdays performance Majok would be better poor ball control could not hold the ball up without losing it very disappointing. Sullivan not sure if we class him as youth player but he has a bright future play him at the 10 position now !!!!. Tate Russell last 2 games not a shot on last years performances , needs to improve I thought he was quicker than he is maybe next year. 

the rest are miles behind , the youth team has been flogged this season , they are miles behind.    

Tell me who else has shown anything in A League

Still not sure what warrants the hype for Grozos. He has had more than enough chances now and hasn’t added anything of note in my opinion. We know from past experience that dominating the youth league doesn’t translate into being able to perform with the men