Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread 2

Babble Sackwatch Vote 2  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should WSW Sack Babbel

    • Yes, sack him.
      51
    • No, do not sack him.
      13

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/01/20 at 09:39 AM

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Was start of second season at SOP, he did the first **** season at SOP, with the borda, Pinatares, Jumpy axis of shite admittedly he pulled it back a little with bringing Antonis in and scraping into the 6

then the club gave him money which he lashed on Reira, Cejudo, and a midfielder I can’t remember 

........ahhhhh the happy memories.......Sotitrio coming on as a sub and getting a red......Jumpei choking it in the shootout.......I miss those days.....lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Carns said:

No, I do not believe there is a genuine football brain making the decisions. Have any of the suits ever played the game at a decent level? Do they really have an eye to spot talent?

Yep. This is what we are missing at the moment. Someone on this forum mentioned we should have a director of football. That's the right direction I think. 

I don't think JT has a clue and it seems no one else does either - I mean Babbel should, but tactically, he has not shown he knows what he's doing,nor the ability to adapt to changes during the game. That is shocking considering we are supposed to be aiming for minimum top six

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sonar said:

........ahhhhh the happy memories.......Sotitrio coming on as a sub and getting a red......Jumpei choking it in the shootout.......I miss those days.....lol

We were actually a badly taken pen away from playing sydney in a semi final that I actually fancied us winning 

Sotiro’s two yellow cards both needless on the had way was just about the stupidest thing I have seen from any of our players, well until Vedran last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Yep. This is what we are missing at the moment. Someone on this forum mentioned we should have a director of football. That's the right direction I think. 

I don't think JT has a clue and it seems no one else does either - I mean Babbel should, but tactically, he has not shown he knows what he's doing,nor the ability to adapt to changes during the game. That is shocking considering we are supposed to be aiming for minimum top six

What we need is a Director of Football Skills...........our players don't seem to possess many......Yeboah's dribbling effort against the Nux was comical......and that's being kind.

How many games have we watched and lamented the lack of basic football skills..........like how to pass accurately......:ninja:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sonar said:

What we need is a Director of Football Skills...........our players don't seem to possess many......Yeboah's dribbling effort against the Nux was comical......and that's being kind.

How many games have we watched and lamented the lack of basic football skills..........like how to pass accurately......:ninja:

Don’t t be so harsh our Centre Backs completed 16 passes in a row against roar, didn’t move forward one inch but 16 passes.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Don’t t be so harsh our Centre Backs completed 16 passes in a row against roar, didn’t move forward one inch but 16 passes.

Did you notice that they didn't do it in the last game.......it would have cost them a small fortune 😊

Edited by tardotz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

This is true. But to be fair Popa did **** us over I believe leaving as he did right at the start of the first SoP season for a shitty Turkish side. He split just at the very time we needed stability, its been a disaster ever since...and the club haven't managed to move on.

I think Santa had a good little holiday away from WSW, I don’t think he realised the damage Popa did when he left. Sounds like he has distanced himself away but his comments are spot on, even from afar 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

I think Santa had a good little holiday away from WSW, I don’t think he realised the damage Popa did when he left. Sounds like he has distanced himself away but his comments are spot on, even from afar 

Santa was there when Popa left and lived through Gombau, surely he knows better than most what it was like from the inside. Admittedly it got worse from there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pops knew what was needed to succeed in the A league and the type of players who could bring success, we’ve mostly all seen the vid where it’s claimed he aimed for Asian Champions from the start and I believe it.

I honestly think the club from there on in aimed at somewhat marketable players over what could win us matches because they know no different. I would trade 5 Pio’s (signed under Popas watch I know) or Meier’s for any tried and true A league players. Give me Matt Simon if you have to he’d do no worse and probably play with twice as much heart.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Bones said:

Pops knew what was needed to succeed in the A league and the type of players who could bring success, we’ve mostly all seen the vid where it’s claimed he aimed for Asian Champions from the start and I believe it.

I honestly think the club from there on in aimed at somewhat marketable players over what could win us matches because they know no different. I would trade 5 Pio’s (signed under Popas watch I know) or Meier’s for any tried and true A league players. Give me Matt Simon if you have to he’d do no worse and probably play with twice as much heart.

the main issue with matt simon is his personality makes me want to punch him in the face :P but give us someone who play's with his passion, better than most players who dont give a **** about the badge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The relative merits of Popovic v Gombau v Babbel are just side issues tbh.

(Since the GF loss in S4 we have been nowhere near a top 4 side. The following 4 seasons of dire football encompasses all 3 managers.)

Put the blame where it belongs. We've been sold a dud. The situation on the pitch and how we are playing now sits solely with the current managers AND the players.

No excuses......they all own what is being produced.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

doesn’t seem to matter right now Club don’t look like doing anything 

Not surprised. Nothing will happen and even odds on Babbel will be here until the seasons end...unless we get a 5 or 6 zip derby trashing.

I have no confidence in the club sorting out over the winter also.

Bleak times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I have no confidence in the club sorting out over the winter also.

Huh??

Please explain?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wendybr said:

Huh??

Please explain?

No confidence that when Babbel goes (probably at seasons end) that they the owners / decision makers have the ability to take the club forward with purpose.

I think we will just stumble from one disaster to the next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh OK.

I wondered whether you thought Babbel would still be with us  in the off-season, which would seem impossible. 

Makes sense, sadly, what you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hughsey said:

A professional athlete needs to have a strong degree of intrinsic motivation and commitment to succeed. Who says Babbel hasn’t been dealing with this from his end anyway? There’s been several changes to our starting line up this season that aren’t injury or international duty related.

Even then, it doesn’t explain the fact that players like Yeboah have completely lost their first touch or ability to dribble a football at any considerable pace. That’s not Babbel’s role to be teaching and practicing fundamental ball skills to professional footballers. 

Us having this debate alone is further excusing the players’ responsibility in this current situation imo. Correct me if I’m wrong but I interpret your comments as basically, ah well players may be lazy but still it should be Babbel who is ultimately responsible. I don’t agree with that. 

Hughsey, in ANY organisation, the leader /manager /team leader /boss is responsible for the performance of those they lead. Anyone working in a poor work environment loses motivation, even moreso with athletes that are on short term contracts. While, yes, the players are responsible for their performances, they are just mercenaries. If the commander has allowed a demotivating atmosphere, the players will not perform to their best, it's not new. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, EmMac said:

Yep. This is what we are missing at the moment. Someone on this forum mentioned we should have a director of football. That's the right direction I think. 

I don't think JT has a clue and it seems no one else does either - I mean Babbel should, but tactically, he has not shown he knows what he's doing,nor the ability to adapt to changes during the game. That is shocking considering we are supposed to be aiming for minimum top six

Isn't ian crook doing this position, i don't think the structure in place is the problem it's our main team beings **** with two inexperienced managers and i would consider getting merrick at the club as caretaker for rest of the season while searching again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

doesn't look like we are doing anything about this mess. can only guess that....

a) lederer doesn't want to pay out MB contract

and/or

b) we have no idea who to replace him with and fear a player revolt if JP is in charge for the rest of the year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

No confidence that when Babbel goes (probably at seasons end) that they the owners / decision makers have the ability to take the club forward with purpose.

I think this is the key:

It’s easy for the club to “part ways” at the end of the season as he has an option for a third year but technically his contract ends in April. In saying that, if he can’t turn things around in the next month & things start falling apart behind the scenes then that decision needs to be brought forward. What is falling apart? Players first half performance against Wellington is pretty close,

Perhaps an ideal time maybe at the end of the W-league season, then bring Heff in as interim? As Santa says, it can be even more of a disaster if we bring in the wrong interim manager

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The if he can’t turn it around in the next 3 games point was 3 games ago, and he hasn’t 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

doesn't look like we are doing anything about this mess. can only guess that....

a) lederer doesn't want to pay out MB contract

and/or

b) we have no idea who to replace him with and fear a player revolt if JP is in charge for the rest of the year

We are in a holding pattern until seasons end i suspect. Which includes a and b above.

Club hoping something miraculous changes.

Edited by Smoggy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

We are in a holding pattern until seasons end i suspect. Which includes a and b above.

Club hoping something miraculous changes.

**** that is depressing. if we get 14 more games like that first half against wello we may as well just let macarthur set up a membership sign up tent out the front of parra stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JP can fk off too. Came in with so much fanfare and I've seen nothing for 2 years to warrant it. 

Just play the NYL team every week with their coaching staff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we're debating whether being 8th in an 11 team comp justifies sacking our manager Barcelona have just sacked their manager.

They're currently top of La Liga.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Davo said:

While we're debating whether being 8th in an 11 team comp justifies sacking our manager Barcelona have just sacked their manager.

They're currently top of La Liga.

As him to send his CV in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Smoggy said:

“They’re trying but things aren’t gelling and don’t look like gelling,” added Santalab, who wound up his 20-year professional career once more under Popovic at Perth Glory last season

Thats what it looks like, we look like a team that has been put together at the very last minute

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Keithie said:

Not an Australian citizen Taurus :) 

Since day 1.

Born in Parramatta hospital, so I'm #2150 represent 

The creator of a poll can only ask questions, not cast a vote which may determine the outcome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see what you did there @Mack

Edited 20 hours ago by mack
one day he will learn to embed twitter, but it is not this day

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...