mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread 2

Babble Sackwatch Vote 2  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should WSW Sack Babbel

• Yes, sack him.
    • No, do not sack him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/01/20 at 09:39 AM

Potential candidates to replace Babbel and my pros/cons on them:

Ernie Merrick
Pro: He wouldn't accept a caretaker's role but he would accept the job if its long term. He would have the resources to recruit players he wants I think we would see some stability and some style in our plays.
Cons: I don't think he will give youth players a chance and I am just not sure if he would consider coming to us.

Dean Heffernan 
Pros: He's done an amazing job with our W-League team, suffered his first loss against the Roar on Sunday but what he has instilled to our girls is amazing, bringing in high quality imports and able to integrate them into his system which looks very simple, if he were to coach our team, he would bring Michael Beauchamp across and would still prefer to have Labi there, all 3 players know what our culture is and know what it means to play for our team
Cons: the step up from W-League to A-League is massively different, Alen Stajcic, brilliant coach for women football but not doing too well with the Mariners and that's where the risk is for Heffernan. I don't know how he will be like under pressure but I think the job will be too big for him to fill 

Paul Okon
Pros: He plays a possession type football, like Popa and likes to keep the ball moving. He has a good eye for talent, he's very knowledgeable and will be very keen to play youth players
Cons: He was a dismal failure at CCM, won't last a season with us when things get hot, he's an NPL coach at best 

Kenny Lowe
Pros: He's a character and a good man-manager, like Ernie, he would have the luxury to recruit players he wants, signed some brilliant players at Perth. He would likely play some of our youth players.
Cons: He has struggled to get the best out of his players and his team have been inconsistent when he was manager at Perth, Popa has managed to fill those gaps for Perth and now Perth are one of the best teams in the A-League.

John Aloisi
Pros: After his stint with Heart, he took a break, learned to be a better coach, coaching Brisbane they became one of the best attacking teams in the league, he has somehow got the best out of Taggart and Maclaren. He is very likely to utilise our youth players.
Cons: He's short tempered, easily falls out with his coaching staff and club management. He doesn't deal well with pressure. He doesn't fit in well with our culture.

Harry Kewell
Pros: Coached overseas, did ok for Notts county despite some circumstances, he's a Westie boy, would have a good understanding of the Westie culture, Very likely to play youth players, has a huge hatred/dislike for Robbie Slater
Cons: Has no respect for the A-League, probably will not get the respect of the players, unlikely to last a season as coach.

Any other ones that worthy of a mention?

Edited by SBW

4 hours ago, SBW said:

Kenny Lowe
Pros: He's a character and a good man-manager, like Ernie, he would have the luxury to recruit players he wants, signed some brilliant players at Perth. He would likely play some of our youth players.
Cons: He has struggled to get the best out of his players and his team have been inconsistent when he was manager at Perth, Popa has managed to fill those gaps for Perth and now Perth are one of the best teams in the A-League.

King Kenny :clapping:

Miss him being around the comp.

Edited by Smoggy

Scraping the bottom of the barrel with some of the names on that list but could we be any worse off than we are now?

I doubt it.

This season has been a ******* disaster with arguably our best squad ever. Heads need to roll.

6 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

I'd rather dress up a scarecrow in a wsw tracksuit and put them in charge than have kewell as our manager.

**** him.

34903773413_1609717c3b_b.jpg

I'm for playing dead / paralysis and comatose dreaming of two Derby wins to make it okay. Unpopular as my position is, it will become majority view if the other mob now starts suggesting (after deep thought) that Harry Kewell could be the answer. And that, it couldn't get worse. Ooo Em Gee

13 minutes ago, marron said:

34903773413_1609717c3b_b.jpg

Well he has the right hat, stick him on the touch line this weekend, couldn't do any worse than Babbel.

lol things have got that bad we are joking about replacing Babbel with a ******* scarecrow :D

Seriously though..I reckon the scarecrow has a plan at least...and we wouldn't have any bird issues, which would be useful for Melbourne away games...the more I think about it the more sense it seems to make!

Edited by Smoggy

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

lol things have got that bad we are joking about replacing Babbel with a ******* scarecrow!

Best of all, we haven't lost our sense of humour. :good:

Just now, wendybr said:

Best of all, we haven't lost our sense of humour. :good:

I do wonder if the club looks at these threads. I like the thought of Babbel dipping in and out looking at this stuff :D

1 minute ago, Smoggy said:

I do wonder if the club looks at these threads. I like the thought of Babbel dipping in and out looking at this stuff :D

Ewwww...no!

Poor buggers if ever they did! :wacko:

15 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

A few got mentioned on the fox pod the other day (though as options for Newcastle). 
Kewell was one. 

Others 
Brad Maloney
Mark Crittenden 
John Anastasiadis
Arthur Papas

Maloney - Seems comfortable in Malaysia, unlikely would want to come
Crittenden - Unlikely wants to coach A-League
Anastasiadis - poached by Ange to become his assistant at Yokohama
Papas - Unlikely wants to coach in the A-League

20 minutes ago, SBW said:

Why wouldn’t Crritenden want to coach a league level? 

there are only 9 professional coach gigs in Australia I’d assume an NPL coach would jump at it

42 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Marco Kurz may be available by end of the day...

Nup - we've tried German (and Spanish) - time to go local. I wonder if Yoshi is old enough for his football manager's ticket.....

10 minutes ago, Potkorok said:

Nup - we've tried German (and Spanish) - time to go local. I wonder if Yoshi is old enough for his football manager's ticket.....

He'd rather coach Mel City........Cahill as his assistant......:crazy:

Victory sack kurz and we're still holding on to our joke of a manager, f!_!kn joke of a club we have become

17 hours ago, SBW said:

Ernie Merrick
Pro: He wouldn't accept a caretaker's role but he would accept the job if its long term. He would have the resources to recruit players he wants I think we would see some stability and some style in our plays.
Cons: I don't think he will give youth players a chance and I am just not sure if he would consider coming to us.

Dean Heffernan 
Pros: He's done an amazing job with our W-League team, suffered his first loss against the Roar on Sunday but what he has instilled to our girls is amazing, bringing in high quality imports and able to integrate them into his system which looks very simple, if he were to coach our team, he would bring Michael Beauchamp across and would still prefer to have Labi there, all 3 players know what our culture is and know what it means to play for our team
Cons: the step up from W-League to A-League is massively different, Alen Stajcic, brilliant coach for women football but not doing too well with the Mariners and that's where the risk is for Heffernan. I don't know how he will be like under pressure but I think the job will be too big for him to fill 

Paul Okon
Pros: He plays a possession type football, like Popa and likes to keep the ball moving. He has a good eye for talent, he's very knowledgeable and will be very keen to play youth players
Cons: He was a dismal failure at CCM, won't last a season with us when things get hot, he's an NPL coach at best 

Kenny Lowe

John Aloisi
Pros: After his stint with Heart, he took a break, learned to be a better coach, coaching Brisbane they became one of the best attacking teams in the league, he has somehow got the best out of Taggart and Maclaren. He is very likely to utilise our youth players.
Cons: He's short tempered, easily falls out with his coaching staff and club management. He doesn't deal well with pressure. He doesn't fit in well with our culture.

Harry Kewell
Pros: Coached overseas, did ok for Notts county despite some circumstances, he's a Westie boy, would have a good understanding of the Westie culture, Very likely to play youth players, has a huge hatred/dislike for Robbie Slater
Cons: Has no respect for the A-League, probably will not get the respect of the players, unlikely to last a season as coach.

Any other ones that worthy of a mention?

Add Wilkshere I honestly think he is worth a shout. I think its still early for Dean Heffernan give it another season with the girls may be able to make the step up. 

The more managers others sack the better we are for sticking with Babbel because we're just that kinda of a club and I love being that kinda of a club. 

2 hours ago, SBW said:

Papas has been elevated to a higher role under Ange at Yokohama... so unlikely. 

8 minutes ago, thefairy said:

Dear Babbel,

It's time for you to **** off. And take that lame hat with you.

Dear Ange,

It's time for you to come back home to OZ.

giphy.gif

Ange is busy.

What's Mr Wenger doing these days?

56 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

The more managers others sack the better we are for sticking with Babbel because we're just that kinda of a club and I love being that kinda of a club. 

A club that accepts failure and mediocrity in equal measure. That is on the back foot rather than being proactively on the front foot?

I like loyalty also and my other club Boro are like that..renowned for sticking by a manager. Woodgate was hopeless until late Nov and fans were calling for his head, now he is not doing so bad. But Steve Gibson (Boro chairman) can also be ruthless when needed. 

Lets see what directions MV and WSW take from here.

Edited by Smoggy

Victory are set to look at a local coach, so may take away a potential future coach for us

5 hours ago, wswtragic said:

Ange is busy.

What's Mr Wenger doing these days?

Head of Global Football at FIFA. Sounds nice and cushy.