mack

Babbel Sackwatch Thread 2

Babble Sackwatch Vote 2  

66 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should WSW Sack Babbel

• Yes, sack him.
    • No, do not sack him.

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/01/20 at 09:39 AM

I went to school with Brad Maloney, based on that alone I highly recommend him.

:xnod:

But seriously, I want nothing more than seeing Westies find their way home.

Craig Moore grew up in a housing commission house and made it with nothing more than a dream, you won't find anyone who understands Western Sydney kids better than him. We need him at WSW.

If Babbel can find away to get a regular goal scorer for WSW I will forgive and forget the past 馃檮

1 minute ago, Keithie said:

If Babbel can find away to get a regular goal scorer for WSW I will forgive and forget the past 馃檮

Let鈥檚 assume he fixes that problem, our overall play and structure is shocking, but goals change games so who knows聽

Cut your losses used to be my default advice to couples now I'm advocating last man standing and heroic lost cause blindness. Let's squeeze this lemon dry as bitter a rhine it may be聽to some. Let's show them we're not the lemon they think we are. popa we're coming. Sparta.聽

Edited by DamnedUnited

20 minutes ago, Keithie said:

regular goal scorer wont change the fact we can't keep a clean sheet and usually concede 2 or more, going to be hard pressed scoring 3 every game.

1 hour ago, Keithie said:

If聽Babbel played Duke as a striker instead of a immobile steaming pile of dogshiit we might actually have a regular goal scorer.

I know Duke has not been prolific in the aleague but he should be leading the line.

1 hour ago, Matto97 said:

regular goal scorer wont change the fact we can't keep a clean sheet and usually concede 2 or more, going to be hard pressed scoring 3 every game.

This. Our defence is getting torn apart repeatedly and regularly.

With a coach whose FIFA rating was like 93 even at the age of 33 or so, he hasn't been able to impart his unquestionable class and skill to our defenders...

I'd like to see us do a Western Utd and throw cash at Talay for next season and he can bring Davila along too thanks.
That #10 spot is the biggest gaping whole in the squad.

Melbourne Victory's actions this week show why they are the club they are and why, at least in the short term we will struggle to get to their level.

MV not playing to their usual high standards even though they are still in top 6 contention, sack the coach, release under performing foreigners, make a grab for any top available talent (Rojas, Troisi).

WSW hovering near the bottom, playing crap football, recruits have flopped, a coach bereft of ideas - let's see out the season, subject our fans who pay to attend to a couple more months of football hell, but hey, we have a shiny new stadium!

12 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I went to school with Brad Maloney, based on that alone I highly recommend him.

:xnod:

But seriously, I want nothing more than seeing Westies find their way home.

Craig Moore grew up in a housing commission house and made it with nothing more than a dream, you won't find anyone who understands Western Sydney kids better than him. We need him at WSW.

Jarryd hayne had a dream too

59 minutes ago, 1988banana said:

Jarryd hayne had a dream too

He had several.....mainly wet......

1 hour ago, Zakman said:

Melbourne Victory's actions this week show why they are the club they are and why, at least in the short term we will struggle to get to their level.

MV had an assistant coach that had been at the club many years under Muscat & stepped up once JP departed. Experienced manager ready to step into the void.

To be honest, even if the rumours about JP are half true even partially true, then do we want JP taking over? Even then I haven鈥檛 been impressed with his impact since arrival anyway &聽Haliti is too green.

I wouldn鈥檛 mind Dean Heffernan once the W-league season has finished

14 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

Cut your losses used to be my default advice to couples now I'm advocating last man standing and heroic lost cause blindness. Let's squeeze this lemon dry as bitter a rhine it may be聽to some. Let's show them we're not the lemon they think we are. popa we're coming. Sparta.聽

You're getting more and more like an Ancient Greek oracle.

But I need a translation for this one!聽:lol:

Plus I can't tell if you're being ironic or not these days.....altho I think not??

:pardon:

On 15/01/2020 at 9:28 PM, Dugongs said:

If聽Babbel played Duke as a striker, instead of playing an immobile steaming pile of dogshiit, we might actually have a regular goal scorer.

I know Duke has not been prolific in the aleague but he should be leading the line.

Great to see you posting, my friend!聽:):)

At first I found your post ambiguous...so I modified it. Hope you don't mind.聽:D

EDIT OOOPS! I thought I was adressing TheDu gong, who I know. Apologies.

3 hours ago, Zakman said:

MV not playing to their usual high standards even though they are still in top 6 contention, sack the coach, release under performing foreigners, make a grab for any top available talent (Rojas, Troisi).

WSW hovering near the bottom, playing crap football, recruits have flopped, a coach bereft of ideas - let's see out the season, subject our fans who pay to attend to a couple more months of football hell, but hey, we have a shiny new stadium!

Spot on.

I believe we will never be the club they are and obviously聽aspire to be whilst we have the current board / management and I cant see any silverware anywhere with the current crowd. Maybe the club will issue us another letter to try and placate聽 , gee look forward to that.

The new owners should have strengthened the team immediately after聽 the Champions League win to ensure continuing future success. But instead went all tightarse and the downward slide to mediocre also rans became inevitable.聽聽

The best time to strengthen a team is when you are successful not when you've turned to crap.聽

4 hours ago, Zakman said:

Melbourne Victory's actions this week show why they are the club they are聽

So why did they sign Kurtz in the first place?聽

12 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

They were hoping for mass sales of Victory bucket hats in Germany聽in response to WSW and Babbels peaky blinders....:hi:

33 minutes ago, MartinTyler said:

Must admit that i didn't really see Kurtz as a Victory fit聽from the get go.聽 i guess聽the obvious thing here though is that the Vics did something about it and quickly.

Interesting times in the A league, we now have 2 teams with no manager and a third (us) with a lame duck manager.

17 minutes ago, leslie said:

Must admit that i didn't really see Kurtz as a Victory fit聽from the get go.聽 i guess聽the obvious thing here though is that the Vics did something about it and quickly.

Interesting times in the A league, we now have 2 teams with no manager and a third (us) with a lame duck manager.

That was my point. The difference between the two clubs is that, yes they may have made a mistake but when it was apparent that it was not working, they took steps to rectify it and salvage what they can from the second half of the season.

The nature of the A league is that you can finish 6th and still win the comp.聽If 聽steps are taken now such as changing the coaching staff and sign new players, who knows what can happen. As it stands now we have a clueless coach, a toothless attack and a defence that leaks like a sieve. Surely it must be obvious to the powers that be聽at WSW the disparity between us and the top 5 or 6 teams - FFS fix it!

That's the ticket. Sack the striker who isn't scoring the goals we need rather than the best dressed and inked gaf in town. Yay. Babbel got his wish. There is a聽second division. It's called the trip back home. Babbel in.聽

I guess Babbel is safe for now. Club really has given him their full support.

6 hours ago, DamnedUnited said:

That's the ticket. Sack the striker who isn't scoring the goals we need rather than the best dressed and inked gaf in town. Yay. Babbel got his wish. There is a聽second division. It's called the trip back home. Babbel in.聽

Babbel was given an ultimatum & he chose self preservation.聽

That won't stop him from being cast adrift as soon as the club find a suitable replacement.聽

We apparently missed an opportunity to secure Muscat, as we're a bunch of procrastinators

#AussieGuusIn聽聽

ICYMI聽

The supporters have spoken. Babbel & JP have a 16% approval rating#itstimetosaygoodbye
Ok, let's gauge the reaction of#WSWALeague_Season_Long_Emoji_WSW.pngsupporters. Are you?
Babbel & JP In
16.2%
Babbel & JP Out
55.5%
Don't care I hate Mondays
28.3%
173 votes 路Final results
2:16 PM路 Jan 13, 2020Twitter Web App

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

ICYMI聽

The supporters have spoken. Babbel & JP have a 16% approval rating#itstimetosaygoodbye
Ok, let's gauge the reaction of#WSWALeague_Season_Long_Emoji_WSW.pngsupporters. Are you?
Babbel & JP In
16.2%
Babbel & JP Out
55.5%
Don't care I hate Mondays
28.3%
173 votes 路Final results
2:16 PM路 Jan 13, 2020Twitter Web App

The tribe has spoken #SvenIn

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

That won't stop him from being cast adrift as soon as the club find a suitable replacement.聽

We apparently missed an opportunity to secure Muscat, as we're a bunch of procrastinators

Double thumbs up for both points :good:

Muscat won things at MV but I have never been impressed by him tactically. He is a first rate manager in setting up a team in a certain style & formation, then getting the best out of the players he brings in. Maybe after 5 years abroad he could come back a new & improved manager?

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

Babbel was given an ultimatum & he chose self preservation.聽

Wonder if the club feel sorry for Babbel that he wasn鈥檛 given his first choice striker. Meier was 10th choice, perhaps why we have brought in someone else.

The fact we have brought in a League 1 striker seriously worries me, not just because he isn鈥檛 a top striker with pedigree but his goal record is nothing flash either.聽

Cox鈥檚 goal record isn鈥檛 too dissimilar to ALF鈥檚 prior to him joining Sydney and look how that鈥檚 turned out.聽

If we knew he was gonna come here and score a hatful every week then he wouldn鈥檛 be coming here.

24 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Double thumbs up for both points :good:

Muscat won things at MV but I have never been impressed by him tactically. He is a first rate manager in setting up a team in a certain style & formation, then getting the best out of the players he brings in. Maybe after 5 years abroad he could come back a new & improved manager?

Wonder if the club feel sorry for Babbel that he wasn鈥檛 given his first choice striker. Meier was 10th choice, perhaps why we have brought in someone else.

The fact we have brought in a League 1 striker seriously worries me, not just because he isn鈥檛 a top striker with pedigree but his goal record is nothing flash either.聽

Did anyone ever notice that there was always a camera on halfway on the opposite side line for all Muscat led A-league games.聽It was there in case of sideline incidents.

One thing that concerns me is that we went from former Bundesliga Golden Boot to lower league journeyman

TBH feels like Cox was available and we just went 鈥渟tuff it let鈥檚 sign him鈥

Right now, I honestly would鈥檝e rather had Meier stay and tell everyone to cross the ball rather than do this stupid Sotirio-like run down the wing, cut in, and then lose the ball

I鈥檓 not sure Cox is the solution. Only good thing I can see from his FIFA profile is that he has a high attacking workrate which should mean he鈥檒l be more dynamic. And he鈥檚 fast too.

6 hours ago, Unlimited said:

One thing that concerns me is that we went from former Bundesliga Golden Boot to lower league journeyman

TBH feels like Cox was available and we just went 鈥渟tuff it let鈥檚 sign him鈥

Right now, I honestly would鈥檝e rather had Meier stay and tell everyone to cross the ball rather than do this stupid Sotirio-like run down the wing, cut in, and then lose the ball

I鈥檓 not sure Cox is the solution. Only good thing I can see from his FIFA profile is that he has a high attacking workrate which should mean he鈥檒l be more dynamic. And he鈥檚 fast too.

Actually we went from Cox (unreleased by his club in pre-season) to Meier (via who knows who else) back to Cox who has now been released.聽 Babbel said he was the target pre-season abut the club wouldn't let him go. He's now available, wanted to come then and eager now.聽 I don't think this is knee-jerk reaction.聽 Also said he can play 9 or 10 but wants to score.聽 I guess we will see.聽 He's certainly more mobile and a very different style to Meier, so there will be a difference...