Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 19/01/2020 6:30PM

He sounds like a big weight has been lifted off his shoulder with Meier gone. 

Possible that maybe he kelp on trying to convince everyone that he had made the right call getting Meier. Now he doesn't have to worry about it. 

I guess this is like when you hire someone at work and works out to be a did. It usually takes a while to accept the mistake and stop trying to save face.

1 hour ago, tardotz said:

He sounds like a big weight has been lifted off his shoulder with Meier gone. 

Possible that maybe he kelp on trying to convince everyone that he had made the right call getting Meier. Now he doesn't have to worry about it. 

I guess this is like when you hire someone at work and works out to be a did. It usually takes a while to accept the mistake and stop trying to save face.

To me sounds a bit like this but more that he brought Meier in (2nd, 3rd...choice) and really likes the guy, knows his quality and professionalism and was as disappointed for Meier as for himself that it didn't work out.

Wendy, I agree that this is a different sounding Babbel from previous weeks.  I thought his defence and protection of Meier's interests and personal issues was very commendable.  I don't hear him being accusative but keeps speaking in positive ways about the players - they can do it.  Seems that he needs a couple of bits to change and go right; needs the team to play together and for everyone to get on the same page for 90+ minutes.  We will see. 

But he did sound relieved - relieved that he has the striker he originally wanted and relieved that Alex has been treated with respect and a good solution was found for everyone.  He also sounded as if he is under no illusions that he is under pressure for the results and it is on his head.  He understands the fans displeasure etc, so we will see...

3 minutes ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

To me sounds a bit like this but more that he brought Meier in (2nd, 3rd...choice) and really likes the guy, knows his quality and professionalism and was as disappointed for Meier as for himself that it didn't work out.

Wendy, I agree that this is a different sounding Babbel from previous weeks.  I thought his defence and protection of Meier's interests and personal issues was very commendable.  I don't hear him being accusative but keeps speaking in positive ways about the players - they can do it.  Seems that he needs a couple of bits to change and go right; needs the team to play together and for everyone to get on the same page for 90+ minutes.  We will see. 

But he did sound relieved - relieved that he has the striker he originally wanted and relieved that Alex has been treated with respect and a good solution was found for everyone.  He also sounded as if he is under no illusions that he is under pressure for the results and it is on his head.  He understands the fans displeasure etc, so we will see...

Thank  you very much for that summary, and for your impressions!  :good:

I don't dislike Babbel as a person, and I haven't voted for him #out.

I just find him very frustrating to listen to when he seems not be self reflective, and when he tends to be, as you said, "accusatory".

It's good that he has struck the right note here!

:):)

LOL if Sydney United can do it we can do it in 2 weeks time. 

3 hrs · 

We have defeated A-league side Sydney FC 2-1 in a behind the closed doors friendly match today.

Goal Scorers; Matthew Bilic & Devante Clut.

Sydney FC lineup - Heward-Belle, Flottmann, Grant, King, Wilkinson, Brattan, Caceres, Ninkovic, Retre, Barbarouses, Le Fondre

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST

Not sure if anyone has picked up on this but Babbel mentioned Cox can apparently play at 10. Not sure if that means Müller to the wing but if we got back to the 5 atb no wingers then apart from the wingbacks.

This is the our best possible lineup in my opinion.

5-3-2 formation

Cox             Duke

Müller                                  

Schwegler               Baccus

Georgevski                                                Kamau

Jurman  Ziegler  Mcgowan

Lopar

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic