Jump to content

Simon Cox


mack

Recommended Posts

Imagine being such a shambles of a club that players spend a season here and decide being a professional footballer isn’t for them anymore.

Link to post

Personally, I thought he would give it one more crack of playing football in some League Two, National League club or even some Irish club. 

I wish him all the best in his coaching role.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Davo said:

Imagine being such a shambles of a club that players spend a season here and decide being a professional footballer isn’t for them anymore.

imagine a club that signs a player who realises hes past playing, then replace him with another player who realises that he's past playing

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Coxy did a bit of a Q&A a few hours ago on instagram while he was up and trying to get his daughter to sleep, some of his answers to some questions were interesting so I thought I'll share it:

Q: What's coming next football wise? playing or coaching?

A: Open to all options, I want to give back to the next generation of footballers and want to help them on their way to earning a career. But, I'm also open for another season. The phone is always on.

Q: Apart from Duke, who was the best WSW player?

A: I wouldn't of said Duke was the best player. Best player was Dorran or Schwegler.

(I feel Duke might of sent him that question as a joke)

Q: What advice would you give a UK-based player considering a move to an A-League club?

A: 100% Go and experience it. I absolutely loved my time in the A-League.

Q: Would you ever come back to Southend in some capacity?

A: I would, yes. I put my CV to be a first time coach but they wantt someone with more experience 

Q: What team you support?

A: Liverpool FC

Q: Any parts of Australia you missing?

A: The beaches and weather.

Q: Where does the A-League stand compare to other leagues?

A: I always get asked this. The heat is the biggest factor to consider so I'd say top end League 1 and bottom end Championship. 

Q: Would you ever come back to the Wanderers to coach? 

A: I would one day

Q: Thoughts on Matty Derbyshire?

A: A very consistent goal scorer

Q: As fans, we hear alot about the new WSW training facilities, how do they stack up against those in Europe?

A: It would be right up there as one of the best in the Championship for sure.

Q: What are your thoughts on the RBB?

A: When they're allowed to be in the stadium, they create the beat atmosphere I've seen at club level.

 Q: Did you enjoy playing under Carl Robinson and what position does the team need to strengthen?

A: A lot of good players so they need to replace as soon as possible. Strikers/Midfielders/Defenders all needed.

(Interesting that he avoided answering about Carl Robinson)

Q: What are the club owners and JT like to deal with at WSW?

A: I got on very well with JT and Lederer. They were very helpful in my decisions to stay and leave when I did.

Q: Be honest, what is the biggest issue why WSW didn't perform last season? 

A: Inconsistency across alot of things. Players Form/Team Selection etc.

Q: Is Tomer Hemed the right signing for Western Sydney? 

A: Could be a good signing if he gets the service.

Q: One thing you would change about A-League?

A: The people who run it.

Link to post
18 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Coxy did a bit of a Q&A a few hours ago on instagram while he was up and trying to get his daughter to sleep, some of his answers to some questions were interesting so I thought I'll share it:

Q: What's coming next football wise? playing or coaching?

A: Open to all options, I want to give back to the next generation of footballers and want to help them on their way to earning a career. But, I'm also open for another season. The phone is always on.

Q: Apart from Duke, who was the best WSW player?

A: I wouldn't of said Duke was the best player. Best player was Dorran or Schwegler.

(I feel Duke might of sent him that question as a joke)

Q: What advice would you give a UK-based player considering a move to an A-League club?

A: 100% Go and experience it. I absolutely loved my time in the A-League.

Q: Would you ever come back to Southend in some capacity?

A: I would, yes. I put my CV to be a first time coach but they wantt someone with more experience 

Q: What team you support?

A: Liverpool FC

Q: Any parts of Australia you missing?

A: The beaches and weather.

Q: Where does the A-League stand compare to other leagues?

A: I always get asked this. The heat is the biggest factor to consider so I'd say top end League 1 and bottom end Championship. 

Q: Would you ever come back to the Wanderers to coach? 

A: I would one day

Q: Thoughts on Matty Derbyshire?

A: A very consistent goal scorer

Q: As fans, we hear alot about the new WSW training facilities, how do they stack up against those in Europe?

A: It would be right up there as one of the best in the Championship for sure.

Q: What are your thoughts on the RBB?

A: When they're allowed to be in the stadium, they create the beat atmosphere I've seen at club level.

 Q: Did you enjoy playing under Carl Robinson and what position does the team need to strengthen?

A: A lot of good players so they need to replace as soon as possible. Strikers/Midfielders/Defenders all needed.

(Interesting that he avoided answering about Carl Robinson)

Q: What are the club owners and JT like to deal with at WSW?

A: I got on very well with JT and Lederer. They were very helpful in my decisions to stay and leave when I did.

Q: Be honest, what is the biggest issue why WSW didn't perform last season? 

A: Inconsistency across alot of things. Players Form/Team Selection etc.

Q: Is Tomer Hemed the right signing for Western Sydney? 

A: Could be a good signing if he gets the service.

Q: One thing you would change about A-League?

A: The people who run it.

Very interesting, I should have known he'd be a Kopite though

Link to post
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Very interesting, I should have known he'd be a Kopite though

Some very interesting answers there.

 

Credit to the RBB...for the impression they made on Cox, when he didn't see them at anything like their best.

 

👍👍

Link to post
23 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Some very interesting answers there.

 

Credit to the RBB...for the impression they made on Cox, when he didn't see them at anything like their best.

 

👍👍

One or two derbies were decent. Obviously not as good as their peak, but a lot of potential.

Link to post

The comparisons between the league, facilities etc. and overseas is interesting. He's probably not coming back here in a footballing capacity so there's no reason for him to say anything other than his honest opinion.

Link to post
3 hours ago, marron said:

"I love Cox" "Cox all day" "Give me more Cox" "Bring on big Cox"

Could have fooled me :lol:

 

That's just my poor spelling

Link to post
7 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Coxy did a bit of a Q&A a few hours ago on instagram while he was up and trying to get his daughter to sleep, some of his answers to some questions were interesting so I thought I'll share it:

Q: What's coming next football wise? playing or coaching?

A: Open to all options, I want to give back to the next generation of footballers and want to help them on their way to earning a career. But, I'm also open for another season. The phone is always on.

Q: Apart from Duke, who was the best WSW player?

A: I wouldn't of said Duke was the best player. Best player was Dorran or Schwegler.

(I feel Duke might of sent him that question as a joke)

Q: What advice would you give a UK-based player considering a move to an A-League club?

A: 100% Go and experience it. I absolutely loved my time in the A-League.

Q: Would you ever come back to Southend in some capacity?

A: I would, yes. I put my CV to be a first time coach but they wantt someone with more experience 

Q: What team you support?

A: Liverpool FC

Q: Any parts of Australia you missing?

A: The beaches and weather.

Q: Where does the A-League stand compare to other leagues?

A: I always get asked this. The heat is the biggest factor to consider so I'd say top end League 1 and bottom end Championship. 

Q: Would you ever come back to the Wanderers to coach? 

A: I would one day

Q: Thoughts on Matty Derbyshire?

A: A very consistent goal scorer

Q: As fans, we hear alot about the new WSW training facilities, how do they stack up against those in Europe?

A: It would be right up there as one of the best in the Championship for sure.

Q: What are your thoughts on the RBB?

A: When they're allowed to be in the stadium, they create the beat atmosphere I've seen at club level.

 Q: Did you enjoy playing under Carl Robinson and what position does the team need to strengthen?

A: A lot of good players so they need to replace as soon as possible. Strikers/Midfielders/Defenders all needed.

(Interesting that he avoided answering about Carl Robinson)

Q: What are the club owners and JT like to deal with at WSW?

A: I got on very well with JT and Lederer. They were very helpful in my decisions to stay and leave when I did.

Q: Be honest, what is the biggest issue why WSW didn't perform last season? 

A: Inconsistency across alot of things. Players Form/Team Selection etc.

Q: Is Tomer Hemed the right signing for Western Sydney? 

A: Could be a good signing if he gets the service.

Q: One thing you would change about A-League?

A: The people who run it.

Yeah, interesting he seemed to dodge the CR question…

Link to post
8 hours ago, Smoggy said:

That not nice to @EmMac…I think :sad:

Well, 4th Gen Australian of Oirish heritage 

Nah all good, I just let the words flow over me. It must be my tough kopite exterior :meep:

Link to post
12 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

An Irish kopite too @Ossified the worst kind

Well, it's often the Irish way, support Liverpool and play for Everton, ie Seamus Coleman, Kevin Kilbane, Kevin Sheedy etc. A few yrs ago when I visited Dublin (on Derby day) I could see many supporters heading for the Liverpool Ferry's with a mixture of Blue and Red jerseys. And often one would even see this division in families.  

If you were to ask the Irish what was Ireland's most easterly city most would tell you it was Liverpool.

Link to post
21 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Well, it's often the Irish way, support Liverpool and play for Everton, ie Seamus Coleman, Kevin Kilbane, Kevin Sheedy etc. A few yrs ago when I visited Dublin (on Derby day) I could see many supporters heading for the Liverpool Ferry's with a mixture of Blue and Red jerseys. And often one would even see this division in families.  

If you were to ask the Irish what was Ireland's most easterly city most would tell you it was Liverpool.

Many many Liverpool supporters in Dublin of course. If you fly out of Dublin airport on a Sunday morning you see them staggering off the planes with their plastic bags with tins of lager, many are season ticket holders and do the trip regularly. 
 

I love Dublin and Ireland in general, I should be there NOW by the way if it was not for covid, that was the plan. Because of my mother’s maiden name I am a GOD in a small Leitrim town :D Everyone says they are related to me :D I can walk on ******* water in that place. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

Many many Liverpool supporters in Dublin of course. If you fly out of Dublin airport on a Sunday morning you see them staggering off the planes with their plastic bags with tins of lager, many are season ticket holders and do the trip regularly. 
 

I love Dublin and Ireland in general, I should be there NOW by the way if it was not for covid, that was the plan. Because of my mother’s maiden name I am a GOD in a small Leitrim town :D Everyone says they are related to me :D I can walk on ******* water in that place. 

So there's a lot of shallow pools there!?

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...