Ziegler's problem is with the German officials 

Can they take him back then.

58 minutes ago, WHACKO said:

Can they take him back then.

I'd prefer they don't 

Has FCB been sighted yet?

7 minutes ago, SBW said:

Has FCB been sighted yet?

Its going to take him a while to come to terms with it all. A period of self refelction, walk the camino way and checking in to a remote buddist monestary is his route back...could be years.

Or next week...

Edited by Smoggy

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

Hell...it would have won him more favour from me if I'd known that!

Best thing I've ever heard him say! :good:

Bad luck.

You & I or any other WSW season ticket holder, don't get a vote.

Our views are rarely sort or listened too. 

17 hours ago, blameturner said:

I wasn't trying to be a dick. There's more I wish I could say.

Although there are limited options.

It just comes naturally???

So liverpool is or just west in the region of seven eleven on Hoxton Park Road would be classed as Macarthur country to my knowledge , Macarthur is claming it anyway.

Looks like the riddler will be harassing the bulls at seasons end :) 

9 hours ago, Keithie said:

So liverpool is or just west in the region of seven eleven on Hoxton Park Road would be classed as Macarthur country to my knowledge , Macarthur is claming it anyway.

Looks like the riddler will be harassing the bulls at seasons end :) 

What's your obsession with the forum member you're calling the riddler?

FFS, can we discuss football and some other light topics and enjoy the frickin forum without these personal digs?

He's obviously a tosser who is obsessed with other peeps lives, rather than his own sheltered existence.  

I've lived in #2170 & have done so for 20 years, since I lived on acreage in Kemps Creek #2178.  

There can be no doubt about the boundaries of Liverpool Council, who backed the WSW bid to the point of drawing up plans for a stadium in the recreational heart of Liverpool adjacent to the Whitlam Centre.

A simply google search would verify where the Liverpool Council boundaries end & the Campbelltown / Macarthur boundaries begin. 

https://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/council/The-Liverpool-Area/maps-of-liverpool

What any of this has to do with Babbel's sacking is puzzling to say the least. 

For the uninitiated, there is a dedicated thread for discussion regarding Macarthur Bulls. 

https://www.westsydneyfootball.com/forums/topic/7533-macarthur-fc-season-202021/?tab=comments#comment-678656 

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

and WSW is claiming Harrington Park.

Put it this way, if Yeboah had a shot at Macarthur's front doors - the ball would land in Harrington Park that's how close it is.

I have no issue with HPark or other burbs such as GHills etc attaching themselves to WSW, rather than the Come By Chance franchise. It makes perfect sense to me, given your residing in the area proceeds their AL bid  

5 hours ago, Taurus said:

He's obviously a tosser who is obsessed with other peeps lives, rather than his own sheltered existence.  

I've lived in #2170 & have done so for 20 years, since I lived on acreage in Kemps Creek #2178.  

There can be no doubt about the boundaries of Liverpool Council, who backed the WSW bid to the point of drawing up plans for a stadium in the recreational heart of Liverpool adjacent to the Whitlam Centre.

A simply google search would verify where the Liverpool Council boundaries end & the Campbelltown / Macarthur boundaries begin. 

https://www.liverpool.nsw.gov.au/council/The-Liverpool-Area/maps-of-liverpool

What any of this has to do with Babbel's sacking is puzzling to say the least. 

For the uninitiated, there is a dedicated thread for discussion regarding Macarthur Bulls. 

https://www.westsydneyfootball.com/forums/topic/7533-macarthur-fc-season-202021/?tab=comments#comment-678656 

Ah Liverpool still clinging to the dream of getting its own stadium. I remember they tried to get the Bulldogs and now its just amatuer rugby team because it fell through

1 hour ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

Ah Liverpool still clinging to the dream of getting its own stadium. I remember they tried to get the Bulldogs and now its just amatuer rugby team because it fell through

That was a dream of the previous mayor, but he got turfed out after one term.

Liverpool now longer have a showground, we're paupers

The Oasis concept sent a few politicians to prison & almost sent the L'Pool Council & Bulldogs RLFC to the wall

2 minutes ago, Taurus said:

That was a dream of the previous mayor, but he got turfed out after one term.

Liverpool now longer have a showground, we're paupers

The Oasis concept sent a few politicians to prison & almost sent the L'Pool Council & Bulldogs RLFC to the wall

No tears were shed.

8 hours ago, Taurus said:

I have no issue with HPark or other burbs such as GHills etc attaching themselves to WSW, rather than the Come By Chance franchise. It makes perfect sense to me, given your residing in the area proceeds their AL bid  

Weird place to have a franchise "Come by Chance", it's only a small village.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

1 hour ago, dcrow said:

Weird place to have a franchise "Come by Chance", it's only a small village.

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

RuralAid?

11 minutes ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Whoever coaches, can we have Sanatalab as an assistant. 

Let's see who fails to track back with Santa on the sideline ready to run on and two foot them.

RBB recently put something on their story on Instagram calling for him to become the CEO I think.

6 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

RBB recently put something on their story on Instagram calling for him to become the CEO I think.

Too far from the sideline.

Needs to be right on the white line ready to nut all the players having a friendly chat with the opposition after getting beat all over the park.

You get a headbutt, you get a headbutt , the whole defensive line gets a headbutt!!

#Oprahlab

From the Bossi article:

The lack of expert influence is more apparent at executive level. Unlike most clubs in the league, there is no football director at Western Sydney to build and implement a football philosophy. The closest they have is a manager of football operations, Gavin Costello, who deals with logistics and bureaucracy, and youth academy director Ian Crook.

It leaves an identity vacuum around the senior team, prompting suggestions the Wanderers desperately need a football director, but they are unlikely to appoint one soon.

"It’s a possibility. I would never rule it out but I don’t think that's the issue," Lederer said. "Ninety per cent of coaches - which I don't agree with - [say] 'it's my way or the highway', that's how they work."

Is he contradicting himself here? Coaches want to do their own thing, but he won't hire someone to ensure there is some control over the overall running of the club.

He inherited a club with a headstrong manager who knew exactly what he wanted, and for much of his tenure, proved he was worthy of being allowed to make decisions. The two full time appointments since have been terrible and hadn't earned the right to do whatever they wanted.

We need someone who has some actual experience and knowledge about football at the highest levels to oversee the entire football department.

The more I think about it, the more I think someone like Merrick might be a decent shout for that sort of role.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/what-do-you-stand-for-wanderers-need-identity-before-a-coach-20200124-p53uf7.html

The description of local coaches Lederer gives can only applies to a few coaches. He want a coach who is a "winner".

Probably applies to Popa, Arnold, Muscat, Ange maybe even Ufuk Talay.

I hope this rules out the likes of Okon. His record as a coach suggests nothing of a "winner".

Would you classify Merrick a winner? I'd be quite reluctant to go for Merrick.

Would the club be looking at NPL coaches?

23 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Would you classify Merrick a winner? I'd be quite reluctant to go for Merrick.

Would the club be looking at NPL coaches?

I was saying Merrick for a Director of Football/Technical Director. He's got loads of experience in A-league, has won trophies, seems relatively no nonsense. But I think his time has past for the main manager position.

Although he hasn't been proven at the top level, Arthur Papas would have to be one of the best ex-NPL candidates. But not sure if you can pry him from Yokohama and Ange.

Lederer: “A guy who is a winner.”

Ah now you tell me... third time’s a charm.

What a shmuck.

How many local coaches actually have any experience with the a-league caps/squad limitations etc.

Go down the list of most successful managers and take out those long gone or short termers and you end up with:

• Corica, Mombaerts, Arnie, Ange, Muscat, Talay, Verbeek, Popovic - Why would they want to leave their current jobs for our clownshow?

What's left after those? People who may have had success either with trophies or periods of relative stability but ultimately have been long-term failures:

• Joyce, Kosmina, Zane, Farina, Merrick, Lowe and Gombau.

Then you've got true failures.

• McMahon, Butcher, Edwards, Mulvey, Amor, Miron etc and then a long way down Babbel who is only slightly better than Paul Okon despite Okon being at the worst club in the last 5 years.

And why would you want their "local experience"?

The only bloke who isn't in one of those categories is Rudan and he's only been in the league a year and a half and done nothing but stabilise the Nix and setup new team Western United for an attempt at winning the two game post-season cup hoping his aged attack is better than his offcut defence. Funnily enough WSW appointed a manager who had been proven to be a winner of trophies, to motivate players and be well liked and had amassed local knowledge at his previous club and we got rid of him in 6 months because of sooky players.

An NPL coach hardly has experience with a salary budget of several million dollars let alone the squad & salary caps.

Who/where would you be looking Chief?

Crittenden or Wilkshire. I can't see any foreigner who actually has success at the level we would want that would want to come here. Which leave us with somehow poaching one of the coaches in the "why would they want to join us list" (which would probably cost Lederer more money than he and the board would want to spend) or looking to successful NPL coaches.

And we drastically need a technical director to drive the links between the first team, youth and juniors and help sort out this cap, because watching SFC pile up talent every year without getting any cap issues is giving us a massive handicap.