Jump to content

New Wanderers Head Coach?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, WSWJACK said:

What length contract does Rudan have at WU, would they even let him go anyway?

Contracts are easily broken these days. I am sure Rudan would love to be the man to lead the Wanderers resurgence and coach a team in his home city in front of 15-20k supporters every week. Beats coaching in front of 5k supporters at Geelong or Ballarat playing on AFL grounds.

Link to post
5 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

Contracts are easily broken these days. I am sure Rudan would love to be the man to lead the Wanderers resurgence and coach a team in his home city in front of 15-20k supporters every week. Beats coaching in front of 5k supporters at Geelong or Ballarat playing on AFL grounds.

Do we want a man with an AVO to coach our team and known to bully players? I don't 

Link to post

Apart from his"dodgy conduct" which i nothing about to be honest, he knows the A league and has done reasonble jobs at Nix and currently at WU, certainly a viable candidate.

Link to post
11 hours ago, hughsey said:

We need an Arnie level signing otherwise

I 100% agree, I don’t know if this exists? Maybe the only one  is Ange

4 hours ago, 1988banana said:

He doesn't have the license to manage in Europe yet

 

13 hours ago, 1988banana said:

👀 Muscat 

It’s this crazy thing where the Australian & Asian A license doesn’t get accreditation in Europe. Whether you have to do some sort of bridging course or just do UEFA A course. I suspect David Zdrillic was doing the exact same thing.

Another name to keep in mind for the future, currently taken an assistant position in the US

Link to post

On Talay and especially Wilkshire, I cant see them turning down a head coaching role because they played at different clubs as players.

These guys are in careers where competition for jobs is fierce. If Wilkshire got an offer to run a squad in a professional setup he’s going to take it unless he has some sort of a pathway mapped out by another club which I very much doubt

Link to post
14 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Record for Bozza' s suggestion

https://www.transfermarkt.com/dragan-stojkovic/leistungsdatenLigenNational/trainer/5528

Decent record especially in the J-league 

Signing Piksi would be incredible. Not sure how realistic it is though. At one point he was touted to take over at the gunners due to success in Japan. 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I 100% agree, I don’t know if this exists? Maybe the only one  is Ange

 

It’s this crazy thing where the Australian & Asian A license doesn’t get accreditation in Europe. Whether you have to do some sort of bridging course or just do UEFA A course. I suspect David Zdrillic was doing the exact same thing.

Another name to keep in mind for the future, currently taken an assistant position in the US

Agree. Ange is probably the only acceptable Aussie coach from the fans. Imagine the meltdown if Arnie signed. lol

Link to post

Hard no on Aloisi, he had a decent go at Heart but was terrible. Had some time out of the game & was terrible at Roar too. I can’t see anything changing for his third possible stint at a coaching gig.

40 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Nailed on GF win within 2 years.

He is like the most hated player on opposition teams. Everyone hates them but when he is yours it’s a different story (see Berisha, Santa, Brosque, Simon etc). I agree with you though, he’ll succeed at any gig he picks up next.

Link to post
20 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Mark Crittenden

Blacktown City legend, knows how to beat A League clubs.

Yep, I mentioned Critto & Luke Wilshere to a WSW suit on Sunday. They would make a wanderful coaching duo 

I'm trying to get to the bottom of Critto's current licensing status, as rumours suggest that paperwork whatever that means (I probably should just bring him hey) may have prevented him from progressing any further

Link to post
18 hours ago, blameturner said:

Sadly I believe he is firmly set on his role in Belgium :(

 

He’d be a good appointment. Passionate. Understands the league.

Too late, we procrastinated

Link to post
17 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

No to Aloisi, Okon, Kewell and Van Egmond for me.

In all serious Mark Crittenden seems like a decent manager and potentially a realistic pickup.

I agree. No to any of the names on the top line of your post. 

Critto plays Rudan off a break.

Beat him on four separate occasions in one NSW NPL1 season recently.

Link to post
13 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Yep, I mentioned Critto & Luke Wilshere to a WSW suit on Sunday. They would make a wanderful coaching duo 

I'm trying to get to the bottom of Critto's current licensing status, as rumours suggest that paperwork whatever that means (I probably should just bring him hey) may have prevented him from progressing any further

I like that combo, with a plan for Wilshere to take over in a couple.

I want a coach who knows how they want to play, what they expect of the players and knows how to get it from them. One that doesn't throw the plan out the window at the first sign of trouble. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I like that combo, with a plan for Wilshere to take over in a couple.

I want a coach who knows how they want to play, what they expect of the players and knows how to get it from them. One that doesn't throw the plan out the window at the first sign of trouble. 

Can they set a culture, not just a playing style.

Look at W-league team and they seem have a great culture with Heffernan, Cannuli and Beauchamp.

Link to post
7 hours ago, WestSyd said:

Contracts are easily broken these days. I am sure Rudan would love to be the man to lead the Wanderers resurgence and coach a team in his home city in front of 15-20k supporters every week. Beats coaching in front of 5k supporters at Geelong or Ballarat playing on AFL grounds.

He wouldn’t leave a club so soon, he’s far too honourable for that 

Link to post
2 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

I like that combo, with a plan for Wilshere to take over in a couple.

I want a coach who knows how they want to play, what they expect of the players and knows how to get it from them. One that doesn't throw the plan out the window at the first sign of trouble. 

Long as that way of playing is achievable with the players he has. Gumby knew how he wanted to play, but a high line with playing out from the back in back 4 featuring Thwaite, corny and Hammil was just bonkers 

Link to post
7 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

He wouldn’t leave a club so soon, he’s far too honourable for that 

He’s no different to any other coach. He’ll do whatever is in his best interests at any time. But it’s not the clubs job to make the coach honourable. It’s up to them to get the best out of them while they are there. As we know, things can change pretty quickly. Let’s just hope they pick the right person for the job.

Link to post
30 minutes ago, WestSyd said:

He’s no different to any other coach. He’ll do whatever is in his best interests at any time. But it’s not the clubs job to make the coach honourable. It’s up to them to get the best out of them while they are there. As we know, things can change pretty quickly. Let’s just hope they pick the right person for the job.

The way Rudan treated the nix was terrible, he can do one

Link to post
4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The way Rudan treated the nix was terrible, he can do one

If Rudan jumps to us for next season he would surely get a bad name as a club hopper. I mean 3 clubs in 3 seasons off his own bat wouldn't look good, and there's always the risk he will leave us after one season and get a gig overseas somewhere.

Link to post
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Long as that way of playing is achievable with the players he has. Gumby knew how he wanted to play, but a high line with playing out from the back in back 4 featuring Thwaite, corny and Hammil was just bonkers 

Thats the other thing I want to see in the new coach. Experience developing players at a lower level. 

It's all good to send out a bunch of Bundesliga level players to execute a game plan. But can you set a game plan that can be understood and executed by an NPL/A-league level squad. It's a different skill set in my opinion. 

Link to post

Rale Rasic , he is 84 now but Famous for saying Marconi Left fullback Keith Gallacher could have been one of the great Australian Soccer players and better that his Scottish international father if he trained harder. and he coached Australia :) 

Then there is Raul Blanco , what a character 78 year old now.

Sit down with these 2 and Manfred Schaefer and learn the history of Australian soccer and great coaches and players of their time.  

Link to post
1 hour ago, Beer said:

Popovic, Arnold, Postecoglou. 
 

Get someone with a track record of success FFS. 
 

 

From the vibe I'm getting, Arnie appears top of the clubs local candidate wish list.

Given the barriers that were placed in the clubs path, when they attempted to get Millicic released from his NT contract with FFA prior to Gumby's appointment, it's unlikely it would be possible even if he were keen, given his dual NT coaching roles there atm. 

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...