GunnerWanderer

New Wanderers Head Coach?

3 hours ago, Wanderingbeersclub said:

Who do you think has put more hours into the search for a coach in the last 48hrs?

The club or forumites?

Bossi?

On 21/01/2020 at 8:31 PM, Carns said:

To save you having to read it (in order):

JP, Ian Crook, Arthur Diles, Dean Heffernan, Ufuk Talay, Paul Okon, Kosmina, Kewell, Hayden Foxe, Andres Carrasco (Popa's old assistant).

A big meh to the majority of those.

Reckon Bossi is just making **** up. And if this is the only contenders, we're in a worse state than I thought.

If those names are the limit of our ambition then FMD. Doesn’t exactly bode well does it.

You think by now WSW fans would know that the club does everything behind closed doors and only announces things once they're done.

Do people really expect the club to tweet "JT just sent an email to X coach, we'll keep you posted"?

We may not always agree with their decisions but to think they make decisions rashly is a bit naive imo.

3 minutes ago, Erebus said:

You think by now WSW fans would know that the club does everything behind closed doors and only announces things once they're done.

Do people really expect the club to tweet "JT just sent an email to X coach, we'll keep you posted"?

We may not always agree with their decisions but to think they make decisions rashly is a bit naive imo.

Yes. I expect half hourly updates. Every hour that passes without an update is another hour I must do the job I'm  paid to do. 

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Stop ruining the narrative

Apologies. I'll let the mass hysteria continue :good:

I guess it's more fun that way for some

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os4591/10-australian-coaches-knocking-down-the-door-for-an-a-league-job-null

I hope this link  works,   it's a list of  local candidates in the opinion of the writer for the Wanderers coaching job.

Doesn't mention Mark Critttenden at all.  I personally think he should be in the running if he's interested.

Taurus what do you reckon?

32 minutes ago, papersun said:

https://sport.optus.com.au/articles/os4591/10-australian-coaches-knocking-down-the-door-for-an-a-league-job-null

I hope this link  works,   it's a list of  local candidates in the opinion of the writer for the Wanderers coaching job.

Doesn't mention Mark Critttenden at all.  I personally think he should be in the running if he's interested.

Taurus what do you reckon?

Not Taurus.

Yes to Papas, no to Stanton, no to Joe Pala (what a sore loser at NYL grand final). Yes to Mori. The others all have assistant vibes. 

Do we know any of their credential?

Just now, Prydzopolis said:

Ouch, just found another doozy written about Babbel:

Our club should ban Bossi not that Rugari is much better.

I’m a bit over the articles putting the blame squarely on Babbel. Yes, he clearly couldn’t adapt to the Australian football environment, but you can only do so much with a rubbish group of players in a backwater league.

I’m still a fan of the league, by the way! I’m just over expecting anything more than mediocrity (at best). From the Wanderers, anyway.

Critto is very much like Popa, a meticulous planner, likes his players to be fitness conscious & is a hard task master. His sides don't get run over very often.

If we embraced a big name OS coach, he could do much worse than recruiting MC to be his sidekick / assistant. 

On 21/01/2020 at 10:25 AM, SBW said:

I posted this in the other thread for Potential candidates to replace Babbel and my pros/cons on them, I have also added a few more potential candidates on top:

Luke Wilkshire
Pros: Has brought in beautiful style of football to the Wolves, has the respect of the players, will play youth players regardless.
Cons: He's a Smurf, unlikely wants to coach us or any other teams in the A-League, will stick with the wolves.

Ufuk Talay:
Pros: He has instilled mentality and culture at the Nux, he is getting the best of the players who aren't even A-League standard. 
Cons: He's another ex-smurf, unlikely wants to come WSW, he will stick with the Nux, if he were to leave them, he would most likely be Corica's replacement at the Smurfs.

I don't know much about the other coaches especially the NPL ones but I heard last night on SST that Rallis recommends that the club do all they can to sign Arthur Pappas

Only the bottom two on that list would make my shortlist.

The 2006 WC squad which travelled to German under Guus, has unearthed some amazing coaching talent. Luke is a talented coach who has turned the Wolves around in only 12 months  & they achieved the NSW NPL1 & National NPL Titles double last season, in his 1st full season as a head gaffer. He is also doing good things at Wollongong Uni their academy program. 

I speak to Talay's B.I.L. regularly. I last spoke to him on the night of our latest defeat to Glory. He suggested Ufuk was happy in Wellington, but, given Aldo is currently in Turkey visiting family, we haven't spoken since. 

Guus is coming to Australia to coach the bushfire match. Let’s kidnap him and force him to coach us for the rest of the season. By the end of that he will probably have Stockholm syndrome and will stay next season as well. Who’s with me?

Guus gives me the shits he’s the equivalent of Troisi 

just ends up at highest bidder plus If you look and what’s he has done in last ten years it’s not much at all 

no thanks 😊 

I reckon stick with JP until the end of the season.  I don't know much about the guy but we don't need more instability and won't hurt to see what he is capable of.  He has the necessary Western Sydney pedigree doesn't he? And who knows, the working relationship with Muscat may eventually resume eventually at our club. I hated Muscat at Victory but if anyone can get a bit of mongrel back in the side he can.

Valverde just said he wants to come coach in Australia. I suspect that desire will last all the way up until salary expectations.

We’ve talked a lot about wanting a local but that’s a big time manager. 

22 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Valverde just said he wants to come coach in Australia. I suspect that desire will last all the way up until salary expectations.

We’ve talked a lot about wanting a local but that’s a big time manager. 

or watching yeboah tripover the ball