mack

Central Coast Mariners vs Western Sydney Wanderers 2/2/2020 4:00PM

2 hours ago, Smoggy said:

We need home finals again and a proper run at the top 2. Bring back a competitive team and the fans and feel goods will return...you could sense it was ready to lift off again after the first derby and then everything deflated again.

Until we thrashed Adelaide and won at ESFC season 1 there was no buz..things snowballed from there and i believe it CAN happen again...the fans that packed out Allianz for the first GF are still there and we will always have a core 9k to 10k that will rock up regardless.

It seems bleak right now but i have faith the good times on and off the pitch will return. My son might be pushing me to the games in a wheelchair by then is my concern...and poor old Ed might not see it in his life time!

I plan to be immortal, will that be long enough?

I was in for my first ever Mariners away, but then saw the forecast. 

My boys are gingers. It’s child abuse to take them outside in that kind of weather.

3 minutes ago, smp said:

My boys are gingers. It’s child abuse to take them outside in that kind of weather.

The heat there is savage on the Away team side of the stadium.

You'd be making the right choice I think.

36 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The heat there is savage on the Away team side of the stadium.

You'd be making the right choice I think.

Understandable,  maybe. Right choice, never!

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

Understandable,  maybe. Right choice, never!

Wait until we are all in the open at Kogarah next week...it will either be roasting hot, pissing down..or both...

Just now, Smoggy said:

Wait until we are all in the open at Kogarah next week...it will either be roasting hot, pissing down..or both...

Yeh, that'll be fun, eh?

Add to that driving there, parking a km from the ground, being hassled by over zealous security and an almost guaranteed loss, and it makes for a spiffing afternoon out with my lad.

Can't wait!!

2 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yeh, that'll be fun, eh?

Add to that driving there, parking a km from the ground, being hassled by over zealous security and an almost guaranteed loss, and it makes for a spiffing afternoon out with my lad.

Can't wait!!

Its the equivalent of paying someone to kick you in the balls really, but then I have felt like that all season. 

16 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Yeh, that'll be fun, eh?

Can't wait!!

Be worth it when we win though

13 hours ago, smp said:

Sit in the Western grandstand !!

yeah there won't be anywhere near a full house so sit wherever you want

Mate of mine is a Mariners and a Notts County fan so I may sit with him and we can commiserate on all fronts. 

Edited by beatsurrender

19 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

yeah there won't be anywhere near a full house so sit wherever you want

Mate of mine is a Mariners and a Notts County fan so I may sit with him and we can commiserate on all fronts. 

not every front surely 

On 28/01/2020 at 11:12 AM, beatsurrender said:

Serous question. Has the vibe we saw in the first 3 seasons or so at this club gone forever? The passionate thousands travelling to away games. The Poznan being enacted stadium wide. Eg. the mid-week match turnout in pouring rain at Gosford in S1. Will it ever be repeated or have we taken one too many blows now? Is it because of over zealous policing, the bans, SOP, poor form or has the novelty just simply worn off. Have a lot of folk moved onto the next shiny thing?

Will it EVER be like it was guys?

No not really, we had a snippet of it early in the season when we won 3/3, but teams performance dropped and so did the crowd numbers. We need to be competitive again. we already have 4 poor seasons and this has affected interest in the team.

23 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

There also seems to be a general malaise with the HAL. Crowds and TV ratings are down (even on last seasons miserable numbers) so do we have enough money flowing in to maintain a viable League? Owners will want to cut and run and then the whole thing folds. These are serious times. The Smurfs are running away with it this year and the general interest seems to be non existent. Apparently the latest 'Big Blue' was the least watched in history.

Now we have a battle of wooden spooners in Gosford

That's the problem, the smurfs have been the top team for the last 4 seasons, is it enjoyable that one team consistently dominates a salary capped league? No, but you cannot blame them for other team's performances in the league.

21 hours ago, tardotz said:

It's clear the the salary cap is not working, You have one team (possibly 2) that know how to work around it . The majority of teams working within it (and doing very poorly) and then a couple of teams that are not spending enough. The result is that one team has run away with the comp, and therefore the interest from all other supporters has faded away.

This is not good for anyone. There will be less money from sponsors or TV rights..... something needs to happen urgently otherwise the A league won't last. Just look at the crowds this year.

I definitely agree, its not a very good look that one team is dominating a salary capped league

The other issue is that some teams ie CCM and Jets are only spending the minimum and not utilising their cap fully hence their positions on the table.

20 hours ago, mack said:

The average attendance is going to be lower than the year before for the 6th season in a row. It's likely going to be the 2nd worst average attendance in a season, the worst being the dismal 8,805 in 10/11 the final year of NQF and the 2nd of 3 years of GCU.

Adding Western United was a disastrous choice by the FFA, they've added a team with no stadium, no fans, playing outside the actual area they want to target, after the original backers withdrew, just because the FFA wanted to take the old backers license fee deposit and to get a few extra million from the fox sports deal for adding 2 new Sydney/Melbourne sides.

Almost any of the other expansion bids would have been better. They could have bought in Canberra & Wollongong this year and followed it by Macarthur & Team 11.

The David Gallop Metrics

24 minutes ago, Carns said:

https://twitter.com/CCMariners/status/1222299028982906880?s=20

@mack automatic linking from Twitter (using Desktop at least) is busted for me, has something changed on this or the Twitter website?

Where has our social media content guy gone? I want WSW parodies and Georgievski tours of HQ

15 minutes ago, teddies said:

Where has our social media content guy gone? I want WSW parodies and Georgievski tours of HQ

Bring back Hektik Hektor. At least he was entertaining...

22 hours ago, mack said:

The average attendance is going to be lower than the year before for the 6th season in a row. It's likely going to be the 2nd worst average attendance in a season, the worst being the dismal 8,805 in 10/11 the final year of NQF and the 2nd of 3 years of GCU.

Adding Western United was a disastrous choice by the FFA, they've added a team with no stadium, no fans, playing outside the actual area they want to target, after the original backers withdrew, just because the FFA wanted to take the old backers license fee deposit and to get a few extra million from the fox sports deal for adding 2 new Sydney/Melbourne sides.

Almost any of the other expansion bids would have been better. They could have bought in Canberra & Wollongong this year and followed it by Macarthur & Team 11.

If any lesson is learnt from this WU disaster it’s that no bid during any future expansion should be allowed to talk about imaginary stadia. That’s the only reason they were picked. By the end of it all, every bid was making claims about a stadium that they were never going to be built. It was an absolute pisstake...

@Carns It usually means twitter has a minor outage or the URL was slightly wrong. I just did it again and it worked, probably just twitter playing up.

11 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

Bring back Hektik Hektor. At least he was entertaining...

Well he is back in the country now....I also expect that he's served his ban as well

1 hour ago, mack said:

@Carns It usually means twitter has a minor outage or the URL was slightly wrong. I just did it again and it worked, probably just twitter playing up.

No worries, it happened to me last night too with a different URL. Will see what happens next time and will let you know if it plays up again (don't think the issue happened on mobile, FYI).

6 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

Sit in the Western grandstand !!

It’s not even the amount of shade or direct sunlight. They just don’t do well in ambient heat at those levels. I could do without listening to the complaints too to be honest. "Dad, it’s hoooootttt. I’m boooorrreeeddd. My flesh is peeling off my bones like a slow cooked lamb shaaaannnnkkkkkk. Daaaaaaaadddddddd, I’m meltiiiiiinnnnnggggg." 

19 minutes ago, smp said:

It’s not even the amount of shade or direct sunlight. They just don’t do well in ambient heat at those levels. I could do without listening to the complaints too to be honest. "Dad, it’s hoooootttt. I’m boooorrreeeddd. My flesh is peeling off my bones like a slow cooked lamb shaaaannnnkkkkkk. Daaaaaaaadddddddd, I’m meltiiiiiinnnnnggggg." 

4343ba09d2b971bd7b6de582d9da0964.gif

Yeah, to hell with the eastern grandstands. I suffer it if I must out at Parramatta, but nowhere else. That’s why I used my old man’s ESFC membership to get premium seats for next week’s game 🙂 (I’m posting this a week early, I know, but it’s relevant to the above!). With his membership discount they probably cost less than the seats the Wanderers were allocated out in the sun, too.

1 hour ago, Generator said:

Yeah, to hell with the eastern grandstands. I suffer it if I must out at Parramatta, but nowhere else. That’s why I used my old man’s ESFC membership to get premium seats for next week’s game 🙂 (I’m posting this a week early, I know, but it’s relevant to the above!). With his membership discount they probably cost less than the seats the Wanderers were allocated out in the sun, too.

But it is sat amongst ESFC supporters..i would rather a seat roasting in hell than being surrounded by smurfs. At all derby games i need to be surrounded by fellow wanderers, especially so in these desperate times. I will be suffering in the open but will be bliss compared to sitting around those smug bastards.

Edited by Smoggy

11 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

$30 for adult tickets to watch the 9th v 10th match in like 40 degree heat? Umm

We will follow you forever???

long as it’s under $30 and the weather is ok 

dude bring the mrs, palm trees, sauce bottles, a night in woy woy