Central Coast Mariners vs Western Sydney Wanderers 2/2/2020 4:00PM

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Buts it is sat amongst ESFC supporters..i would rather a seat roasting in hell than being surrounded by smurfs. At all derby games i need to be surrounded by fellow wanderers, especially so in these desperate times. I will be suffering in the open but will be bliss compared to sitting around those smug bastards.

So would I.

I did it once, sitting with my sisters family and their friends at Allianz for a derby. Never again.

What the **** was I thinking?

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

We will follow you forever???

long as it’s under $30 and the weather is ok 

dude bring the mrs, palm trees, sauce bottles, a night in woy woy 

I dunno, watching on the myFootball App in front of the aircon is looking really attractive atm

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

$30 for adult tickets to watch the 9th v 10th match in like 40 degree heat? Umm

Dude, get family ticket for $40. Simples.

1 hour ago, Wanderboy said:

So would I.

I did it once, sitting with my sisters family and their friends at Allianz for a derby. Never again.

What the **** was I thinking?

One home derby back at the old parra, an Easts mate of mine begged me for my misses ticket. Never. Again.

10 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Dude, get family ticket for $40. Simples.

One home derby back at the old parra, an Easts mate of mine begged me for my misses ticket. Never. Again.

I know unpopular for some here but for derby games i think there should be full enforced segregation.

If people with ESFC mates want to knock around together on derby day meet up before or after the game.

Edited by Smoggy
6 hours ago, Smoggy said:

know unpopular for some here but for derby games i think there should be full enforced segregation.

Personally it was just annoying & fraying my nerves when I just wanted smurf blood. I think it was the Bulut flare smoke derby. I just remember the bitching about the smoke :lol:

In general I agree, can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve seen issues in the mixed bay generally when you mix alcohol & someone celebrating in another persons face or just the stupid back & forth “banter”

At least we can openly wear our colors to matches, I remember in Italy my family always tell us to cover up our  shirts & be quiet when seating in the GA. Although that was a good 5-15 years ago, some things have changed but others haven’t

Western Sydney Wanderers FC squad: 1.Daniel LOPAR (GK), 4.Dylan MCGOWAN, 5.Daniel GEORGIEVSKI, 6.Matthew JURMAN, 7.Mitchell DUKE (c), 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY, 9.Nicolai MULLER, 10.Simon COX, 11.Bruce KAMAU, 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS, 17.Keanu BACCUS, 19.Pirmin SCHWEGLER, 22.Nicholas SULLIVAN, 23.Kosta GROZOS, 27.Kwame YEBOAH, 31.Noah PAGDEN, 33.Tate RUSSELL, 34.Patrick ZIEGLER, 35.Mohamed ADAM, 40.Nicholas SUMAN (GK)

**2-4 to be omitted**

Ins: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (promoted), 10.Simon COX (new signing), 13.Tass MOURDOUKOUTAS (returns from international duty), 17.Keanu BACCUS (returns from international duty)

Gosford Forecast.

Sunday 2 February

Summary
storm.png
Min 26
Max 38
Showers. Possible late storm.
Possible rainfall: 2 to 8 mm
Chance of any rain: 60% rain_60.gif

Central Coast area

Mostly sunny day. Medium (60%) chance of showers in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds northwest to northeasterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then shifting cooler south to southeasterly during the day.

Anyway, I'm out now.

Young Wanderboy has a Youth League trial match at 4.30pm. Arranged at the last minute....today actually. May or may not go ahead with the following forecast - 

If it's called off, I'll be back to "In +1".

Penrith Forecast:

Sunday 2 February

Summary
storm.png
Min 26
Max 43
Hot. Showers. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 5 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 80% rain_80.gif

Sydney area

Hot. Sunny morning. High (80%) chance of showers developing in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting cooler south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening.

51 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

Anyway, I'm out now.

Young Wanderboy has a Youth League trial match at 4.30pm. Arranged at the last minute....today actually. May or may not go ahead with the following forecast - 

If it's called off, I'll be back to "In +1".

Penrith Forecast:

Sunday 2 February

Summary
storm.png
Min 26
Max 43
Hot. Showers. Possible storm.
Possible rainfall: 5 to 15 mm
Chance of any rain: 80% rain_80.gif

Sydney area

Hot. Sunny morning. High (80%) chance of showers developing in the afternoon and evening. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northwesterly 15 to 20 km/h shifting cooler south to southeasterly 15 to 25 km/h during the day then becoming light during the evening.

Gosford will get close to 40c Sunday but a change is due and could rattle through by kick off when it could be wet and steamy. Going to be hard going regardless of the change timing.

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Personally it was just annoying & fraying my nerves when I just wanted smurf blood. I think it was the Bulut flare smoke derby. I just remember the bitching about the smoke :lol:

In general I agree, can’t tell you the amount of times I’ve seen issues in the mixed bay generally when you mix alcohol & someone celebrating in another persons face or just the stupid back & forth “banter”

At least we can openly wear our colors to matches, I remember in Italy my family always tell us to cover up our  shirts & be quiet when seating in the GA. Although that was a good 5-15 years ago, some things have changed but others haven’t

They have never trialed a shared GA bay at the Boro..funny that.

Edited by Smoggy

Can never for the life of me understand why they won’t just schedule all CCM/Jets vs WSW/ESFC games on Saturday arvo/nights to maximise the away travel. It’s such an easy way to bump up crowds.

I know a Sunday at 4pm isn’t that bad to and from Gosford but it’s still a school/work night that’s going to make people apprehensive. Plus if it’s bloody hot which it’s meant to be, it could get pushed back an hour or two which makes people even more apprehensive.

Theres some really easy solutions with the A-League that just continually get ignored...

3 hours ago, hughsey said:

Can never for the life of me understand why they won’t just schedule all CCM/Jets vs WSW/ESFC games on Saturday arvo/nights to maximise the away travel. It’s such an easy way to bump up crowds.

I know a Sunday at 4pm isn’t that bad to and from Gosford but it’s still a school/work night that’s going to make people apprehensive. Plus if it’s bloody hot which it’s meant to be, it could get pushed back an hour or two which makes people even more apprehensive.

Theres some really easy solutions with the A-League that just continually get ignored...

Worst Sunday evening of the year for families also. Majority of Kindy kids start school Monday. My lad started school Wednesday and was tired out yesterday. Trying to get him in to a routine. Didficult Sunday evening for some familes this one.

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Worst Sunday evening of the year for families also. Majority of Kindy kids start school Monday. My lad started school Wednesday and was tired out yesterday. Trying to get him in to a routine. Didficult Sunday evening for some familes this one.

My wife was helping kindy start day at her school on Thursday. 

But your right on timing

Plus the game will probably be pushed back due to the heat to a 5pm start time. We had 2 fire alerts from the RFS yesterday afternoon.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

On recent form....and I stress on recent form.....you would be hard pressed to be confident of getting even a point from this.  The players are the same bar one. I can't see the same squad all of a sudden turning into world beaters....although it would be great to be proven wrong....lol

Perhaps the players got lost in translation except the Germanic ones (although Transfermarkt has Lopar with an Italian flag under the Swiss flag).

Having an Irishwoman in W-League squad seemed help with the luck of the Irish. Perhaps with a Irishman in the Squad, we might get some luck of the Irish.:)

5 minutes ago, sonar said:

On recent form....and I stress on recent form.....you would be hard pressed to be confident of getting even a point from this.  The players are the same bar one. I can't see the same squad all of a sudden turning into world beaters....although it would be great to be proven wrong....lol

Its going to be one of those really poor draws between two poor sides. Its not going to be a game for the purists. 

Just now, Smoggy said:

Its going to be one of those really poor draws between two poor sides. Its not going to be a game for the purists. 

Maybe but what if Cox scores the winning goal?

Best result would be a hatrick on debut or 3 assists on debut or a combination thereof.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic