Sign in to follow this  
Paul01

A-league 19/20 Round 18

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

That’s an interesting question but it is unlikely to happen as those circumstances would only occur if the referee missed the foul entirely (no foul awarded).

The on field decision doesn’t drive the process so I’m more likely to argue that it shouldn’t have any impact.

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Hadn’t seen the point of contact, that’s above the ankle for me, probably enough to upgrade to red. Probably should have told him to have a look as it didn’t look that high in real time.

Re my earlier query. In this instance, is it not possible, or even likely, that the VAR looks at this, knows a yellow has been given, and thinks well maybe it is only a yellow, not a clear and obvious error. Whereas if no card was given initially, regardless of whether a foul was awarded, there is a stronger case for a clear and obvious error and it's then referred for review. 

Is the Brisbane game tonight likely to go ahead?

1 hour ago, papersun said:

Is the Brisbane game tonight likely to go ahead?

Team lists are out.

Mauk into the starting line-up 

Blackwood dropped from the matchday squad 

If you're into self torture watching Brisbane play isn't a bad way to go about it.

18 minutes ago, papersun said:

If you're into self torture watching Brisbane play isn't a bad way to go about it.

Yep........It's a very boring game.

Edited by sonar

22 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep........It's a very boring game.

Really??

Just now, mack said:

Roar stealing our new goal song!

Yes...and they play it for too long.

22 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Re my earlier query. In this instance, is it not possible, or even likely, that the VAR looks at this, knows a yellow has been given, and thinks well maybe it is only a yellow, not a clear and obvious error. Whereas if no card was given initially, regardless of whether a foul was awarded, there is a stronger case for a clear and obvious error and it's then referred for review. 

So the issue with this:

The only way that this will be (1) over turned by VAR (2) onfield review is if it is a red card.

If the referee has made an error by not giving the foul & it’s clear & obvious but not a red card = no on field review. VAR will always check everything, even if the VAR graphic doesn’t appear on screen or the referee doesn’t communicate directly with the VAR.

It doesn’t matter if the referee doesn’t give a foul, gives a foul or foul & yellow card, VAR won’t intervene (over turn or ask referee to review) unless it reaches the threshold for a red card. Clear & obvious only referring to red card not the foul itself.

An example: In the first year of operation a Sydney FC player stamped on another players foot off the ball. Although the foul was clear & obvious, despite some referees would award a red card but others would not, hence no review.

The Jets v Mariners match is apparently going ahead much to my surprise.

Not a game I would normally care much about, but I'm a bit curious now to see how the pitch plays and whether they make it to the end.

that was an awesome almost goal, glad this match is going ahead it really doesnt look bad at all there(well apart from the crowd, that looks pretty bad)

1 hour ago, papersun said:

The Jets v Mariners match is apparently going ahead much to my surprise.

Not a game I would normally care much about, but I'm a bit curious now to see how the pitch plays and whether they make it to the end.

A lot les rain up there apparently. But of course it started to rain again there as the game was about to kick off

Tongyk scores first A League goal......lol ......2-1 Jets

24 minutes ago, sonar said:

Tongyk scores first A League goal......lol ......2-1 Jets

he looks great.......we should sign him :P

seriously though this is such a great match to watch imo