Sydney FC vs Western Sydney Wanderers 8/02/2020 5:00PM

Well, I would of predicted Schwegler going hard and dry on Baumjohann to the point he cries and gets subbed around the 69th minute but looks like he'll be out of action and having his missus giving him hugs and kisses anyway while in Germany. So, that's out of the question...But!, Here's some future headlines that I hope to see in the post match for Mack this week:

- Cox in the box helps Wanderers claims the Sydney derby in Kogarah
- More Mo Adam, more victories. Young gun Mo Adam seals it for the Wanderers in the Sydney derby
- Muller makes the Smurfs sit in the gutter and cry. Wanderers claim 2nd derby win this season.

Or hopefully this one: 
- Duke makes the Smurfs puke as another cheeky penenka penalty kick seals it for the Wanderers.

There are very few reasons to be optimistic. Certainly not because of last week’s win in which shyte beat shyter.

But, but.....

The Smurfs were really irritated by the last loss. My enduring image of that game was of the EFSC players standing around after the full time whistle, hands on hips, dazed and being like WTF just happened. Ninković has said in the press a couple times since that it still annoys him.

So maybe, just maybe they will want it a little too much and will over-egg it and force it and get frustrated when it is not working especially in the wet....

Wait, stop. You are right. I am reaching....

Think the soaking wet pitch and expected downpour is going to be a major factor, affects play and players ball retention, distribution and tackling, in short maybe a leveler and a slower error strewn game in prospect, fancy a 0-0 here.

Didn't realise the Sydney derby has been bumped to the 2nd (or is it the 3rd) most important game this weekend with the 5 pm KO. I'm assuming one of the 8 million Melbourne derbies this season is the late/prime time game.

Not in for this one, have to work.

You'd take a draw now if offered i reckon.

Would love to see Cox jag one, give us hope for the rest of the season.regardless of the end result.

1 hour ago, leslie said:

Didn't realise the Sydney derby has been bumped to the 2nd (or is it the 3rd) most important game this weekend with the 5 pm KO.

Chances are that it was made 5pm to be accessible to a wider audience on ABC. I wouldn’t view it as a downgrade rather a move to get it on free to air.

6 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Chances are that it was made 5pm to be accessible to a wider audience on ABC. I wouldn’t view it as a downgrade rather a move to get it on free to air.

Also, it was meant to give the Smurfs along with Perth Glory and the Vuck (all scheduled on Friday or Saturday a leg up for their respective ACL games.

Only the Vuck will play since any games involving Chinese teams this round have been rescheduled.

A ref hasn't been assigned yet but something tells me that either Kurt Ams or Chris Beath will be the ref for this game so be prepared for ****ery decisions going the Smurfs way

2 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Ah yes... downgraded to ABC ME channel, how is this going to appeal to the wider audience so this game doesn't overlap their ABC News?

Edited by SBW
15 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Well, I would of predicted Schwegler going hard and dry on Baumjohann to the point he cries and gets subbed around the 69th minute but looks like he'll be out of action and having his missus giving him hugs and kisses anyway while in Germany. So, that's out of the question...But!, Here's some future headlines that I hope to see in the post match for Mack this week:

- Cox in the box helps Wanderers claims the Sydney derby in Kogarah
- More Mo Adam, more victories. Young gun Mo Adam seals it for the Wanderers in the Sydney derby
- Muller makes the Smurfs sit in the gutter and cry. Wanderers claim 2nd derby win this season.

Or hopefully this one: 
- Duke makes the Smurfs puke as another cheeky penenka penalty kick seals it for the Wanderers.

Mack, take note

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Alireza Faghani wasn't appointed last week. He'll either get our game or the Melbourne game. I expect our.

Meanwhile, the Club is going full media.

Gatt on the Club website, Dylan McGowan on the Big Sports Breakfast, Keanu Baccus on FNR, Tass Mourdoukoutas on The World Game. Wonder who's next.

Referee appointments come out on Thursday as do squad lists.

6 hours ago, SBW said:

Ah yes... downgraded to ABC ME channel, how is this going to appeal to the wider audience so this game doesn't overlap their ABC News?

Are you sure? I know it wasn’t good a good look that they cut off the end of the game so they could go to the news ^_^

Would we rather see the whole game or worry about lack of exposure on back channel?

Are some still complaining about ‘secondary channels?’ Most people are surely across the fact there are multiple channels for each broadcaster these days, and given the ABC is one of the broadcasters that actively cross promotes across its own network, I really don’t see what the problem is if a game isn’t shown on ABC 1. It’s only the old fogies who don’t get modern day broadcasting who won’t know what to do, and they aren’t the target audience, anyway.

As for me, I’ll happily be watching the game from my undercover seat at the ground. That it’s with the Sydney FC fans does not bother me.

8 minutes ago, Generator said:

Hmmm, I’m on Kayo so I completely forgot about the SD vs HD divide on FTA. That’s definitely a valid complaint!

How we survived without HD... The days of SD TV, let alone analogue TV, were dark times indeed.

The rabbit ears antenna I have sitting on top of my 24 inch Rank Arena tv give me a cracking signal, although I'm pissed off that I have to get up off the lounge to flick the clicky dial to change channels after the game. Also, if it starts raining during the game, I'll have to rotate the rabbit ears about 15 degrees to the north/north-west, and skywards towards Jupiter.

It works though.

Saturday's forecast for the derby

High chance of heavy rainfall somewhere between 40-80mm, possible flash flooding in some areas, high chance of late afternoon or early evening thunderstorm, Max temperature 24 degrees

Looks like it will be a very wet night in Kogarah

1 hour ago, SBW said:

Saturday's forecast for the derby

High chance of heavy rainfall somewhere between 40-80mm, possible flash flooding in some areas, high chance of late afternoon or early evening thunderstorm, Max temperature 24 degrees

Looks like it will be a very wet night in Kogarah

Going to be flooding for sure in this set up..rail and road transport could be farked.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic