mack

Sydney Derby Postponed

The Sydney Derby that was scheduled to be played tonight have been postponed due to torrential rain in Sydney.

After several days of intense rain, officials from the clubs, broadcasters and venue staff inspected the surface of the pitch this morning and a decision was made to cancel the game and reschedule it for an unknown future date.

Both the playing surface and conditions for spectators would have been treacherous, and with heavy rain and potentially lightning forecast for the afternoon & evening the decision was so easily foreseen it really should have been made last night.

The Wanderers next match is against the Newcastle Jets, at Parramatta on Saturday February 15, kick-off at 7:30PM.

View full article

Bugger...another weekend without a wanderers game :(

Probably the right decision i guess. Was looking forward to an old school football game stood in the rain with the lad...

I guess the reschedule will be midweek making it hard for kids to go. 

Edited by Smoggy

Conditions would of suited our new man, I've heard Cox likes it wet. Wet in the box for Cox.

That's it for me. I'm off now.

If FFA want to screw us over, they'll schedule the game for a date somewhere between 16th to 19th of Feb after our next game on Friday 15th and a short turn around to the Friday Feb 21st game against Adelaide.

What they should do: Reschedule the game for Sunday or Monday March 1st or 2nd in our last bye weekend, with SFC having a home A-League game on Friday then a home ACL game on Wednesday.

Smurfs will do anything NOT to get Alireza Faghani as a referee + bringing back all those injured / suspended players....

Still the correct decision for our players' welfare.

Edited by alexd

FFA: "Yep scheduling every derby in one round is a great idea. Nothing can possibly go wrong".

:rolleyes:

For me, I'd rather keep players injury free like Duke, Lopar and Cox rather than have the wet as an equaliser for a game in a season of which we're already out of finals contention

All things considered, the correct decision.
And for once, it suits me... had sort of double booked myself tonight... now a clear run to the Enmore to see The Stranglers.

No more heroes.
[only folk of a certain genre will get this]
[punk and football, it was a heady mix in the early 80s]

6 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

FFA: "Yep scheduling every derby in one round is a great idea. Nothing can possibly go wrong".

:rolleyes:

For me, I'd rather keep players injury free like Duke, Lopar and Cox rather than have the wet as an equaliser for a game in a season of which we're already out of finals contention

We aren’t out of finals contention by any stretch next 3 games all very winnable, might look very different after those 

9 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

All things considered, the correct decision.
And for once, it suits me... had sort of double booked myself tonight... now a clear run to the Enmore to see The Stranglers.

No more heroes.
[only folk of a certain genre will get this]
[punk and football, it was a heady mix in the early 80s]

Man tempted to get tickets for that 

in motorsport if a race is cancelled they revert to the last completed lap to decide the result of the race, this is something we should do for the derby, and the result of the last derby should count for this derby

Nice to see Ticketek is on the ball - their automated system sent me a message about 20 minutes ago with a reminder to download my ticket for a smooth entry to the ground 🙂.

9 minutes ago, Generator said:

Nice to see Ticketek is on the ball - their automated system sent me a message about 20 minutes ago with a reminder to download my ticket for a smooth entry to the ground 🙂.

Also no email or text from the club yet . Surely someone had one written this morning and all they had to do is press send . Only as small thing but perhaps indicative of the way the club is run . 

Can understand the decision in this day and age.

Would have been played in the NSL days. Individual games a bit hazy but recall that some of the most magnificent games  I have ever seen were played in such conditions.

Spectators in a bad  and abusive mood , desperation  and aggro of the players , goal mouth incidents aplenty because of the conditions and difficulties for the keepers made the passion and excitement levels sky high.

There was something gritty about the NSL that I miss in the A league.

What a fking joke. So the FFA cancel a football match but CA refuse to cancel the Big Bash final until the last minute. Game should have been moved to a better stadium with better drainage eg. Bankwest😁. I thought the FFA had a criteria for a-league club home grounds. Surely Kograh doesn't meet the criteria. 

This is a pretty significant rain event, people. The postponement is probably one of the few things that we can’t, or at least shouldn’t, pin on the FFA, A-League or ESFC.

27 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Can understand the decision in this day and age.

Would have been played in the NSL days. Individual games a bit hazy but recall that some of the most magnificent games  I have ever seen were played in such conditions.

Spectators in a bad  and abusive mood , desperation  and aggro of the players , goal mouth incidents aplenty because of the conditions and difficulties for the keepers made the passion and excitement levels sky high.

There was something gritty about the NSL that I miss in the A league.

Parra Power v Perth Glory GF at Parra Stadium was played in a constant downpour. Remember that one well.

Needed the officials from that wet  club world cup game in Morocco to get today on.

Edited by Smoggy

Oh...what a shame. :(

For days, I've been looking forward to watching the game, and you guys ....dancing around in the rain.....from the comfort of my lounge, warm and dry, under a blanket.

:meep::meep:

Clip on fox sports shoes someone walking across the turf. Plenty of water there and more to come. 
On the bright side, maybe I’ll have a chance to attend the rescheduled game.

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

For days, I've been looking forward to watching the game, and you guys dancing around in the rain.....from the comfort of my lounge,  under a warm, dry blanket.

You’re soft 

2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You’re soft 

Should have heard the foul abusive language from Wendy at the Adelaide GF. It was a constant barrage.

It's been raining heavily for an hour around the area but still, that downpour in 2006 that I experienced at Kogarah was a lot more heavier than today's.

Looking at our schedule, I think they'll squeeze it in as a midweek game either on the 10th or 11th of March

Edited by SBW

26 minutes ago, wendybr said:

For days, I've been looking forward to watching the game, and you guys ....dancing around in the rain.....from the comfort of my lounge, warm and dry, under a blanket.

That's a bit naughty...

12 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

I reckon the 'football authorities' are a hell of a lot better than their cricket counterparts today.

That cricket thing still going ahead?
I think everyone knows it isn't.

I think they are holding out for this 5 overs a side farce...

19 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

I reckon the 'football authorities' are a hell of a lot better than their cricket counterparts today.

That cricket thing still going ahead?
I think everyone knows it isn't.

My point exactly. You can't play cricket in the wet but you can play football yet the cricket is hanging in there.

Our season starts..... Postponed 

Seen pics that parra stadium surface is also flooding and may have been postponed as well.