Sign in to follow this  
mack

Western Sydney Wanderers vs Newcastle Jets 15/20/2020 7:30PM

3 minutes ago, VedranRozic said:

Lol music at Bankwest: first Purple Rain, now It’s Raining Men...

It's being responsive! To the vibe.

4 minutes ago, GlobalWarning said:

Soft pen tbh

No way. Kamau had easily beaten him and Burns instead of moving away got too close and got tangled into his feet. Clear pen. Should have been a yellow as well.

6 minutes ago, mack said:

No way. Kamau had easily beaten him and Burns instead of moving away got too close and got tangled into his feet. Clear pen. Should have been a yellow as well.

I didn't see any feet tangling, need to re-watch but I think you are right because the Jets didn't protest

This is relevant. Well, it just makes the cut, I think.

For those watching the game remotely, be thankful there are some professional standards expected of co-commentators like Slater when on TV. The latest mid-week edition of the Fox Football Podcast made the mistake of including Slater, and it was one of the worst podcasts I have listened to in recent times. I don’t mind a bit of swearing and strong opinions, but Slater was acting like he was on the air with Alan Jones. It definitely wasn’t his finest hour, nor Peacock’s as the supposed host.

Good first 25 minutes and then we stopped. Need to be careful and get the second goal early otherwise it's going to be difficult.

Fitness still seems like a big issue for us. Hopefully we don't fall away late in the second half as we did in the first. Show us the desire to win boys! 

Decent first half. The pressing fell away a bit towards the end. Play the same 2nd half and we get a result.

33 minutes ago, mack said:

YC for Burns, should be his 2nd yellow.

Should have been red.

11 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

We need another goal

I don't think we can defend 1-0

Yup. 1 sloppy goal and I can see us collapsing WSW style.

Going back a few minutes now, I can only guess that Müller still isn’t used to playing with a mobile striker who knows how to find space, otherwise he would have passed that ball to Cox. That or Müller is just selfish, which is OK in an attacker so long as they score a bloody goal.

7 minutes ago, Generator said:

Going back a few minutes now, I can only guess that Müller still isn’t used to playing with a mobile striker who knows how to find space, otherwise he would have passed that ball to Cox. That or Müller is just selfish, which is OK in an attacker so long as they score a bloody goal.

Muller's career has been as an inverted left winger cutting back onto his right foot, dribbling and shooting. We're using him as a key attacking midfielder. Playing centrally and as a provider is a huge change.

Re: Müller, that he is being played out of position is something I often forget.

Edited by Generator

No intensity. Ziegler just gave it straight back to the Jets to start that goal movement.

JP seems to have really got the boys revved up for the second half ffs. And agreed where is Sullivan? He's been a rare shining light this season. 

Just now, mack said:

JP clearly isn't the answer.

We need a poll vote.

Really good for 25 minutes and should've been like 4-0 up but nope

We can't even beat the bottom of the table team.

Zeigler should be nicknamed hands up, wasn't good enough and ran out of energy for a team that's had plenty of time to rest recently. 

Jp definitely isn't the answer and still playing with the same crap 

Yeezus. It's bloody hard to compare the same player each week. Static, unimaginative and lacking any purpose.