Wanderers Fade Away Against Jets

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

The numbers attending and the reaction at the end of the game would mean they're getting the message, surely?

It's been happening every season for at least four seasons and nothing has really changed. The suits don't know what they're doing re: football nous, this much is obvious. Getting really sick of it.

1 minute ago, wendybr said:

The numbers attending and the reaction at the end of the game would mean they're getting the message, surely?

I have no confidence that they are getting the message.

Smog Junior is away this weekend and I just didn't have the motivation to go along on my own tonight. I knew what it would be and just couldn't be ****ed.....soft as Taurus called me, or knows what good value is...

1 minute ago, Carns said:

Seriously starting to question whether I want to keep stumping up for a membership (two actually) each season if this is what we get in return. Fourth season (at least) of dross and it's a struggle to get any motivation to keep the faith. The club suits bank on the fact that loyalty will keep people coming back, no matter what shite they put on the pitch. But its really not easy to do with this tripe.

Feel the same..after watching rubbish game after game .I leave the stadium dejected saying that's it had enough..then a few days before the next home game nievely say to myself " might be better this week you never know"  chat with fellow wanderers at work about upcoming game, work up a bit of enthusiasm ...then go to the game and get it all kicked out of me watching the rubbish again

Rinse and repeat every game

Well think I may have finally reached my threshold !!!

Just now, Carns said:

It's been happening every season for at least four seasons and nothing has really changed. The suits don't know what they're doing re: football nous, this much is obvious. Getting really sick of it.

The last few years members kept on renewing because we were all afraid to lose our seat an the new stadium. After this year there is no reason to renew. There will always be lots of tickets available if anyone decided to go for a game or two.

We have  3 quality players - Lopar, Duke and Muller and the rest are mediocre. If the Wanderers want to survive as a club they need to spend big on a quality player for next season  and surround them with hardened journeymen. If they don't the remaining fans will leave in droves. 

The performance after the first 20 mins was pathetic.

We didn’t play well in the first 20-30 mins at all. We were simply made to look good because Newcastle seemed to have some sort of dumb rule that every defender had to touch the ball before they’d try and get out of their box and upfield. I turned to my old man just after we scored our penalty and said that as soon as Newcastle stop pissing around with it, it’ll be a completely different game. Sure enough they did and to make matters worse we even helped them by stopping our high press and sitting back (which for me also came back to a fitness issue cause we were zapped already). If we truly played well during that initial spell then we should’ve been up by 3 within the first 15 mins but as usual we either wasted the opportunities or couldn’t capitalise on them. 

The state of this football club right now is dire. We sacked our manager without even a faint idea of a suitable replacement and now have continued to play the exact same way. If Babel was sitting at home watching us tonight, you’d forgive him for wondering why he got the flick. I’d even argue that watching that rubbish tonight, we’ve gotten worse. I sat up in the stands tonight behind the goal with my family as my mates couldn’t make it so I gave the RBB a miss. Being up so high you get a perfect view of our formation structure. To be perfectly honest, there wasn’t any for large parts of the game. It was like watching little kids chase a ball from one side to the other doing their own thing.

WSW used to be ruthless in its pursuit of success and could grind out wins with discipline and hard work. These days it’s just a ******* shitshow. 

46 minutes ago, tardotz said:

The last few years members kept on renewing because we were all afraid to lose our seat an the new stadium. After this year there is no reason to renew. There will always be lots of tickets available if anyone decided to go for a game or two.

That in itself is a joke. I put in every effort possible during those horrid SOP years to attend every game so I could get my similar seat as I had at the old Parra... I was front row half way between 18 yard and halfway line at the old Parra. Where was I seated at the new Parra? Literally back row tucked in the corner next to the big screen. Cheers WSW👍👍

So glad after years of efforts the A League has polished it's product by eradicating hooligans and flares and gang association Active groups in favour of family friendly atmosphere. So glad the A League isn't back page news for all the wrong reasons. So glad the club management collaborated to ensure the bad old days wouldn't return. Know Your Product. I even purchased a second membership in Active anticipating we would rock the A Listers. Newcastle made us look good till they woke up and now it's Give the Gaff more time again. When we and Victory are at the bottom then something is seriously amiss given the pulling power of the rest. I have no answer just unused paraphanalia from a washed out Derby.

9 minutes ago, DamnedUnited said:

. I even purchased a second membership in Active 

Dibs on that ticket for next derby :good:

7 hours ago, redpanther61 said:

We have  3 quality players - Lopar, Duke and Muller and the rest are mediocre. If the Wanderers want to survive as a club they need to spend big on a quality player for next season  and surround them with hardened journeymen. If they don't the remaining fans will leave in droves. 

Supposedly we do that this year. Season pro's from Europe, Aussies with years overseas experience - some socceroos experience - didn't work out.

Time for JT and the Board to find out why after Popa left we have no idea how to move forward.

2 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Time for JT and the Board to find out why after Popa left we have no idea how to move forward.

We were well and truly stuffed at least a season before popa left. Another crowd of well below 10k next Fri. Brand new 3 sided stadium will fix everything my arse.

Interesting news article title on the Wanderers web site. "Wanderers dominate but forced to settle for a draw". Whoever titled that article was obviously watching a different game to me. Should have read "Wanderers dominate for a few minutes but lucky to settle for a draw".

8 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

If we all think tonight was bad, wait till next week.

The ultimate humiliation will come when our back three get carved up by a 15 year old.

At least it might be worth going just to see him.and if you squint hard enough you can pretend it's a wanderers shirt he is wearing.

1 hour ago, DamnedUnited said:

So glad after years of efforts the A League has polished it's product by eradicating hooligans and flares and gang association Active groups in favour of family friendly atmosphere. So glad the A League isn't back page news for all the wrong reasons. So glad the club management collaborated to ensure the bad old days wouldn't return. Know Your Product. I even purchased a second membership in Active anticipating we would rock the A Listers. Newcastle made us look good till they woke up and now it's Give the Gaff more time again. When we and Victory are at the bottom then something is seriously amiss given the pulling power of the rest. I have no answer just unused paraphanalia from a washed out Derby.

Good post. When you think of where we were in the stands pre SoP move its enough to make you sob. Then every man and his dog got stuck in ( Bossi has never stopped) and here we are with the result.

It is no surprise the comp is on its knees when it couldn't deal with or harness success when it came...that goes for the A League and us as a club.

We were front page news for a while, for the wrong reasons at times. But what would the comp give for that now. The club put the comp on the front page to the extent other codes shat themselves and went on the attack..we got under their skin. Now they are prob laughing.

Its not just about the players not putting in for the last 60mins..its the seemingly never ending decline. What good is a new stadium if everything else around the club is wrong. 

If my son says he wants to go next week i prob reluctantly will. Just to spend time with him....but its a ******* chore to go.

Edited by Smoggy
18 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its not just about the players not putting in for the last 60mins..its the seemingly never ending decline. What good is a new stadium if everything else around the club is wrong. 

This. Remember JT at the presser after Babbel was sacked saying everything else was going well for the club except for the A-League team.... lol

On every metric that matters we are in decline and I genuinely believe the shmucks in charge don’t see it (“We have a new stadium, training facilities...”)

I still remember the early days walking to Parra after parking the car overhearing NRL folk going to the game saying how they loved the atmosphere and why wasn’t NRL like this. This happened to me more than once.

It takes real managerial ‘talent’ to throw that and the rest away.

17 minutes ago, dcrow said:

A lot of complaints about Cox here. Cox had 2 shots on goal outside the box, one deflected and the other straight at the keeper. I believe he also set up DG with a one two which DG couldn't put away.

One he should have put away... tool an extra touch which someone of his pedigree shouldn’t   (although he was probably not expecting an A-League defender to be so crap that the ball would go through their legs like that).

I also would not be passing to DG in goal scoring situations.... ever. Better to try yourself.

Having said all that, we gotta give him time (see N. Muller).